Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM

Go down 
+15
stormspell
Stender
metalhead777
kmorg
Rottweiler Records
MetalGuy71
mc666
Troublezone
James B.
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
Ben Grimm
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:18 pm

I really dig the background on that cover. I think the cover may work in the band's favor. It has a very modern flare and has that emo-looking chick on it. It's very professional looking. It doesn't look cheap and cheesy. While the traditional death/thrash fan probably wouldn't even pick this CD up, based on the cover, people that are into similar style _fillintheblank_core bands will relate to the art. Ya gotta admit, the smoke coming from the eyes is pretty wicked looking. That's one pissed-off chick!

I need to hear more than the one song I've heard to make a complete judgment on the music, but based on that one song, it's probably not my thing. I'm an old fart who enjoys his big hair, hard rock, poser metal! Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Of all the things I could find to critique about this band, the cover isn't one of them. Looks kinda cool to me.

Did you design it? Laughing New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 84826

I'm not that good. Cool

Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I really dig the background on that cover. I think the cover may work in the band's favor. It has a very modern flare and has that emo-looking chick on it. It's very professional looking. It doesn't look cheap and cheesy. While the traditional death/thrash fan probably wouldn't even pick this CD up, based on the cover, people that are into similar style _fillintheblank_core bands will relate to the art. Ya gotta admit, the smoke coming from the eyes is pretty wicked looking. That's one pissed-off chick!

I need to hear more than the one song I've heard to make a complete judgment on the music, but based on that one song, it's probably not my thing. I'm an old fart who enjoys his big hair, hard rock, poser metal! Razz

I want to make this clear, too:

I loves me some ULTIMATUM!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:35 pm

I'll join the oldfart camp, my ears are too fragile for metalcore Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Of all the things I could find to critique about this band, the cover isn't one of them. Looks kinda cool to me.

Did you design it? Laughing New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 84826

I'm not that good. Cool

Just photo copy, mess with some color schemes and presto! You could do it in no time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Bwahahaha!! There's a tad more to it than that!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Rottweiler Records wrote:

I know, i'm being a tad sarcastic... I just don't care for modern album covers I guess. I miss the hand drawn stuff...
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I know, i'm being a tad sarcastic... I just don't care for modern album covers I guess. I miss the hand drawn stuff...

Yknow, there's just a real nostalgia that goes with that. I miss those days... sigh.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:09 pm

James B. wrote:
The same blast beat(s) throughout an entire cd.....yeah sign me up

If you are looking for the same blast beat throughout an entire album, you will be hugely disappointed in Behold The Kingdom.

If you are looking for complex riffing and insanely technical drumming, you will love this.

I guess the sarcasm was missed on your part. I'd also wager that my defintion of "technical drumming" and yours varies quite a bit. Playing fast for the sake of well just being fast isn't really technical. Pro Tools is a wonderful thing but it takes so much from the expesssion of playing music. I listened to samples of this band and like most of this genre.....well you can insert "band name here" and ccarry on. I can enjoy it for a bit, but it gets boring pretty fast.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Personally, I don't care if the drums/guitars/bass/vocals are synthetic or organic, if the vocals are of the WOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH variety, I pass.

Then again, I'm a charter member of the Old Fart Club.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:40 pm

James B. wrote:
James B. wrote:

If you are looking for the same blast beat throughout an entire album, you will be hugely disappointed in Behold The Kingdom.

If you are looking for complex riffing and insanely technical drumming, you will love this.

I guess the sarcasm was missed on your part. I'd also wager that my defintion of "technical drumming" and yours varies quite a bit. Playing fast for the sake of well just being fast isn't really technical. Pro Tools is a wonderful thing but it takes so much from the expesssion of playing music. I listened to samples of this band and like most of this genre.....well you can insert "band name here" and ccarry on. I can enjoy it for a bit, but it gets boring pretty fast.

I've seen BTK live many times. I assure you Cliff DeWeese from Behold The Kingdom IS VERY technical AND fast. He most certainly doesn't play fast for the sake of playing fast, he plays fast when the song calls for it. He's extremely intelligent in his approach to writing drums.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:34 pm

James B. wrote:
James B. wrote:

I've seen BTK live many times. I assure you Cliff DeWeese from Behold The Kingdom IS VERY technical AND fast. He most certainly doesn't play fast for the sake of playing fast, he plays fast when the song calls for it. He's extremely intelligent in his approach to writing drums.

I'd love to check them out onstage. That is how I judge bands anyways. Good to see ya steppin up to the plate to promote your friends/product. The samples I heard were mostly blastbeats. Though it takes alot of practice, I'd hardly call it technical. Just my mere opinion, that is all. If they come to my neck of the woods, I'd check them out.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Me too!! I gotta see em live! BTK's tunes are pretty darned progressive. Lotsa changes and really technical parts. Not just blast beats at all. That's the problem with snippets. It's like watching 5 minutes of a movie then reporting what the movie is about and if its any good! Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:49 am

[quote="James B."]
James B. wrote:

I guess the sarcasm was missed on your part.[/quot

Sarcasm missed? Nope. Ignored? Yep.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:35 pm

I for one wanna commend Rottweiler Records for keeping this thread civil. We've seen it so many times, associates of bands getting critiqued (sp?) getting all riled up and ridiculous. RR, not so! That is worthy of praise, imo.

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 25679

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
I for one wanna commend Rottweiler Records for keeping this thread civil. We've seen it so many times, associates of bands getting critiqued (sp?) getting all riled up and ridiculous. RR, not so! That is worthy of praise, imo.

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 25679

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 438278
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Sounds like every other band in this genre. As I said before too many of these bands sound too alike. Only a few (the debut album from Hope Of The Dying is a good example) stand out to me and those samples don't.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Good luck to you Rottweiler; I think your heart is in the right place but for me, your choice of music isn't.

If you put out a band who actually "sings", please let us know because I'd probably support that.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Good luck to you Rottweiler; I think your heart is in the right place but for me, your choice of music isn't.

If you put out a band who actually "sings", please let us know because I'd probably support that.

He does. Check out Grave Robber.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

And what's not to support there! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

And what's not to support there! New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 11840

I didn't know he was behind them too. I actually own Grave Robber. The first one at least.

EDIT: OK I just checked the vault and the Grave Robber I have ("Be Afraid") is on Retroactive Records. Same guy?

Last edited by tohostudios on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Like I said, keep us posted on your bands RR.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah, the Grave Robber I heard was pretty killer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:00 pm

After hearing the samples I could probably tolerate or enjoy a EP worth of songs from this band before I lose interest. Are they going to release a EP?

I like the aggressive music but the vocals bore me after a while. I guess that's why I like Thrash... the music is fast and heavy but the vocals can be more diverse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next