Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM

Go down 
+15
stormspell
Stender
metalhead777
kmorg
Rottweiler Records
MetalGuy71
mc666
Troublezone
James B.
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
The_Jayroh
Ben Grimm
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Empty
PostSubject: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Quote :
BEHOLD THE KINGDOM. . . is releasing "The Eyes Of The Wicked Will Fail" on Rottweiler Records, August 12th

Behold The Kingdom's debut release on Rottweiler Records is an unrelenting assault of unbridled brutality not unlike healthy doses of deathcore, death metal and thrash in a meat grinder. Fans of As I Lay Dying, Black Dalia Murder, and Lamb Of God will certainly become quick fans of Behold The Kingdom!!

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM BTK_FrontCover2

Go to: http://www.rottweilerrecords.bigcartel.com to secure a copy today!!

Bio:
Behold The Kingdom's brutal album "The Eyes Of The Wicked Will Fail" is an aggressive, violently angry sounding musical ensemble that features Joseph Bellmer on vocals, Derrik Young on guitar, Mark Baker on bass, Riley Snyder on guitar, and Cliff DeWeese on drums. Remember these names. The will become household names for metal fans worldwide.

There is one distinctive difference between Behold The Kingdom and your average metalcore band. While most bands present despair and hopelessness, anger and violence, BTK focuses their aggression and relentless musical muscle to present a message of faith, hope, and love to a dying world that desperately needs restoration. Behold The Kingdom's modus operandi is to see forces of darkness retreat as a message of freedom in El Shaddai is presented to anyone willing to step out of their own destruction and shun their own prideful demise.

Behold The Kingdom has a heart for people and would love to help out those seeking answers about their faith and who the Father has called them to be. Behold The Kingdom is one band that brings a desire for relationship with all of their fans. They love each and every one of you who come across their music and social networking sites.

Behold The Kingdom has been playing shows since early 2009. and have been unrelenting in bringing their live show to the masses, tearing up the highways of the Midwest. Now, poised to explode onto America's metal scene and partnered with Rottweiler Records, Behold the Kingdom present their debut cd, "The Eyes Of The Wicked Will Fail".

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Definitely not my thing, but I thought some people here may dig 'em.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Definitely not my thing, but I thought some people here may dig 'em.

Pass

but I know some peeps will like it.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:51 pm

I like them, I was surprised that you put them up Ult I know you don't like this music, we will turn you eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:27 pm

Never been a fan of deathcore :\
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Most Deathcore I find to be boring and repetitive with little or no guitar solos. There are a few exceptions in the case of Becoming The Archetype, Hope For The Dying (these first two are also Christian bands), and Mutiny Within, but most I avoid.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Ain't my thang neither.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:07 pm

The same blast beat(s) throughout an entire cd.....yeah sign me up

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:55 pm

That album cover is stupid.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:03 pm

i love deathcore, but i'll save my opinions on this band & others, as they'll only be lost in a sea of "deathcore sux" posts.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:14 pm

mc666 wrote:
i love deathcore, but i'll save my opinions on this band & others, as they'll only be lost in a sea of "deathcore sux" posts.

I can appreciate anything if it's done well... but it seems like almost all metalcore/deathcore sounds the same.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:31 am

Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I can appreciate anything if it's done well... but it seems like almost all metalcore/deathcore sounds the same.

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Agreed

I just can't seem to distinguish one artist from the next in the deathcore/metalcore genre.

I mean ... at least in trad death metal, black metal and thrash genres, you can tell a distinction between bands. I mean ... Metallica was more melodic, Slayer was ... Slayer (they had their own sound unlike any other bands), Anthrax was groove and a bit beat heavy, but they were Anthrax. None of em sounded like clones of each other. Megadeth had the whiny vox, but they were Megadeth!

Overkill had drive, Kreator had passion, Sodom had explosive energy that would rip you up one way - and spit you out another.

Exodus had frenzy and excitement! Sacred Reich had their own distinguished Phoenix sound. Etc.

NONE OF THESE BANDS COULD BE MISTAKEN FOR THE OTHER!

But when I hear the run of the mill deathcore/metalcore bands - they all sound like the exact same band!!! If that was only one band ... I'd say 'bravo!' ... but it's not one band. It's many many many! There are a plethora of them polluting the concert venues every week!

Now I do make an exception for brilliance. I do hear a lot of potential in the more melodic metalcore vein. In This Moment is totally unique, as is Shadows Fall.

So ... I do have my exceptions to this rule.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:25 am

Maybe you guys are just old! New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM 251456

Razz

But seriously, I'm starting to think that's the case with me. I just cannot appreciate the new generation of music. I find most death/metal/core to be boring and every vocalist sounds the same to me. Maybe it's just my ears, my age, and my personal tastes in music. Deathcore and metalcore seems to mostly attract the 16 - 20somethings, as opposed to us who grew up with thrash and death metal. I keep hearing how awesome bands like Becoming the Archetype and A Hill to Die Upon are, and neither do much for me personally.

However, the latest Havok and Fueled by Fire are steady players in my CD player.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:55 am

Troublezone wrote:
That album cover is stupid.

Of all the things I could find to critique about this band, the cover isn't one of them. Looks kinda cool to me.

Quote :
I just can't seem to distinguish one artist from the next in the deathcore/metalcore genre.

That's just a matter of taste. Sure it all sounds the same to us old farts, but that's what my dad used to say about my musical choices. He couldn't tell the difference between Motley Crue and Metallica. "It all sounds like noisey crapolla to me". Razz And I'll say the same to my kids one day.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:11 pm

James B. wrote:
The same blast beat(s) throughout an entire cd.....yeah sign me up

If you are looking for the same blast beat throughout an entire album, you will be hugely disappointed in Behold The Kingdom.

If you are looking for complex riffing and insanely technical drumming, you will love this.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Actually I was thinking to myself about this very thing the other day in the mall.

I saw some modern day teenagers all wearing their 'metalcore/deathcore' T shirts. One of em had on a Lamb of God T, the other one had on a Devil Wears Prada T. I can't remember the rest of them. but one kid had on this T.

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM ItAllSoundsTheSame

I was able to locate it online.

SO you see. I was thinking to myself 'maybe I'm just old'. My parents thought Petra sounded just like Stryper too yada yada yada'.

But when I saw that one kid had this T shirt on I realized that it's not a case of 'I'm just old'. Kids these days just don't have much appreciation for melody or harmony in their music. They know their music all sounds the same ... and they like it that way. What boring kids.

When I was a kid ... my music was exciting ... and distinguishable.

Anyway ... to each his/her own.

At least not all the kids are into this crap. Some of them like better stuff. There is yet hope for this generation.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

At least not all the kids are into this crap. Some of them like better stuff. There is yet hope for this generation.
pfffft, go slap on a blond wig & go back to the Nelson thread. Razz

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 pm

mc666 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

pfffft, go slap on a blond wig & go back to the Nelson thread. Razz

lol!

No offense to you MC. I know there are some people who actually enjoy this stuff. I'm not trying to insult anyone.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:27 pm

For the record, not one member of Behold The Kingdom has long blonde hair!

Last edited by Rottweiler Records on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:45 pm

Rottweiler Records wrote:
For the record, not one member of Behold The Kingdom has king blonde hair!

Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Most Deathcore I find to be boring and repetitive with little or no guitar solos. There are a few exceptions in the case of Becoming The Archetype, Hope For The Dying (these first two are also Christian bands), and Mutiny Within, but most I avoid.
Becoming the archetype isn't really deathcore. They have a few metalcore elements but in my opinion their just really bland progressive death metal.
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Ok, I just listened to their cd with all the comments made thus far and my personal assessment is the Behold The Kingdom's music could be best defined as "progressive thrash with death metal vocals". There's just really nothing here that truly resembles metalcore.

Even the so called "break downs" are just halftime breaks like any self respecting metal band would impliment.

Again, I urge everyone to give Behold The Kingdom a fair shake and check them out!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Rottweiler Records wrote:
Ok, I just listened to their cd with all the comments made thus far and my personal assessment is the Behold The Kingdom's music could be best defined as "progressive thrash with death metal vocals". There's just really nothing here that truly resembles metalcore.

Even the so called "break downs" are just halftime breaks like any self respecting metal band would impliment.

Again, I urge everyone to give Behold The Kingdom a fair shake and check them out!!

Of course you would, their album is being released on your record label. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rottweiler Records
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rottweiler Records

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Bro, I wouldn't have given them the time of day if I didn't beleive in them and think they had something of value to present to folks like yourself.

The point is, they are already being written off as just another metalcore act, when in reality, that's just not the case. We've become brothers and ministry partners through working on their album. I know their hearts adn intentions better than anyone. The are the real deal!

And, if folks give them a chance. . . well, I beleive you'l find a gem in this particular band.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Quote :
Of all the things I could find to critique about this band, the cover isn't one of them. Looks kinda cool to me.

Did you design it? Laughing just kidding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM   New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New deathcore band...BEHOLD THE KINGDOM
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next