Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled

Go down 
+23
Glower
Dave the Boss
AutumnShantel
rajah
Shawn Of Fire
jstate
corplhicks
nevermore
Boris2008
candlemass
allthingsmetal
metalinmyveins
Joe
stepcousin
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
James B.
mc666
SpectreFate
ultmetal
Cognitive Dissonance
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled?
Psalm 9
Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Vote_lcap62%Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Vote_rcap
 62% [ 18 ]
Trouble s/t
Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Vote_lcap38%Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Vote_rcap
 38% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Empty
PostSubject: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Which album do you like better? I can't decide-they're both classic and totally unlike each other. Psalm 9 is the best doom album maybe ever, and TROUBLE was a hippie/psychedelic/stoner/doom amalgamation that simply was a special moment in music history....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:09 am

Psalm 9 choosing between the two, though I love both albums. My favorite is "The Skull".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:13 am

Psalm 9, but I love 'em both.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:52 am

Shawn D. wrote:
Psalm 9 choosing between the two, though I love both albums. My favorite is "The Skull".

Exactly what this young man said here.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:19 am

self titled, though both are good.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:38 am

Of the two, Psalm 9

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:11 am

Both are excellent albums, but Psalm 9 is better
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:24 am

Oof. Tough choice cuz I dig both, but the 1990 s/t was when I discovered Trouble, and it still rules today, so I gotta go with the sentimental favorite.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:06 am

Psalm 9 by default. I don't own and never heard the s/t.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oof. Tough choice cuz I dig both, but the 1990 s/t was when I discovered Trouble, and it still rules today, so I gotta go with the sentimental favorite.
'
I think that has a lot to do with what people pick as favorites. I know for me, I got into Trouble early on, bought Psalms 9 as a new release on white vinyl, so it's long been my favorite. Same thing with a lot of bands, it seems that the album that you "discovered" a band is many times the favorite.

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wow.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:31 am

Shawn D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wow.

Not by choice, mind you. I was late getting on the Trouble bandwagon and while I've been gathering up their discography whenever I can, that particular album has been out of my financial range for quite some time.

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:38 am

just blog it, I don't think it will ever get reissued.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:44 am

Shawn D. wrote:
just blog it, I don't think it will ever get reissued.

I've considdered that route, at least as a filler till I get the real thing, just haven't gotten around to it. I'm a procrastinator.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Those are Trouble's best albums.

Psalm 9 is my favorite!

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm

[quote="ultmetal"]
Fat Freddy wrote:

'
I think that has a lot to do with what people pick as favorites. I know for me, I got into Trouble early on, bought Psalms 9 as a new release on white vinyl, so it's long been my favorite. Same thing with a lot of bands, it seems that the album that you "discovered" a band is many times the favorite.

I agree. I also got P9 as a new release and it too is my fave although I like everything theyve put out.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Went with Psalm 9, love both.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 1:05 pm

I love both, but I'll have to go with the self titled album.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Psalm 9 (although when I bought the LP when it came out it was titled "Trouble").
These guys were from a nearby township and we got to see them play a lot at some "under 18" clubs. As a young kid it was Sabbath's Vol.4 and Master of Reality that got me completely hooked and this came really close to that same greatness for me.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:03 pm

I think they're all equally great up to and including the S/T one, after that they're still good, though not great...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
Psalm 9 choosing between the two, though I love both albums.  My favorite is "The Skull".

This sums it up for me. I kind of like those three equally but The Skull was my intro to the band. Never cared for them after these.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 am

Love both but Psalm 9 gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Psalm 9.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:08 am

I love both albums. If Manic Frustration was listed I would've voted for that. I feel that record never gets it's just due.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

jstate wrote:
I love both albums.  If Manic Frustration was listed I would've voted for that.  I feel that record never gets it's just due.

I'm a little frustrated over that one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled   Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psalm 9 vs Trouble self titled
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next