Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great White

Go down 
+12
Getizzyback
nevermore
Eyesore
DeathCult
kethdredd
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
exact33
James B.
Gilbert
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

Great White - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great White   Great White - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:41 pm

martinsane wrote:
James B. wrote:
arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
While the s/t disc is good, it is not representative of their overall sound and what Great White really is as a band.

Arttie

i remember buying the "out of the night" EP after a show in 82' or early 83'. It was hard to believe (then) that this was pretty much Dante Fox with a new name and "sound". The later Great White material is more akin to Dante Fox. I auditioned for this band when they kicked Gary "one trick pony"Holland to the curb.

I am missing aot of their stuff in the collection.

talented musicians

Sounds like a good story James!

The S/T is a great metal album, but as stated the band oviously is more akin to that bluesy/Zeppelin-esque style of rock.

They are certainly a bit infamous for cover tunes, Once Bitten Twice Shy was a pretty big hit for them (among others). I have always enjoyed Shot In The Dark and the Angel City-Face The Day cover is a frickin scorcher!

I love the ReCovery p and the Zeppelin tribute. They do Zeppelin "better" than Zeppelin usually did.

Great White
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2