Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Molly Hatchet

Go down 
+3
manny
tohostudios
Eyesore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:37 pm

So I bought the self-titled Molly Hatchet CD a while back in Walmart's $5 section. I thought it was pretty good.

Gotta admit, though, I had no idea these guys had more than one CD. They all look the same! I'm talking about main albums. Looking at them now, I recall seeing them all, but I don't think it ever dawned on me that they were different albums. Haha.

In terms of discography, are these cats worth pursuing?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm

For me, I only like the first 3 or 4 but I know Ult is a big fan of all phases of Hatchet. The early ones all look the same because they all use Frazetta art.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:41 pm

the only ones I like care for are the first two , which is the self titled CD and the follow up 'Flirting with Disaster' the rest I did not care.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Most of their albums are pretty spotty after the first one. The rest all have some good stuff though, so all you really need is the debut and a Greatest Hits album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Most of their albums are pretty spotty after the first one. The rest all have some good stuff though, so all you really need is the debut and a Greatest Hits album.
You think I can settle for that? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 pm

I have them all and they are considered more southern fried metal.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 pm

As someone already said, I like them all. They are indeed Southern Fried metal, much like Blackfoot. They took the Skynyrd sound and added a heavier tone, although you won't hear much of that on the first album. That album isn't quite as heavy as what would follow.

I don't think all their albums are equally great, but I do like much, much more than just the first two.

Recommended:
Molly Hatchet
Flirtin' With Disaster
No Guts No Glory
Beatin the Odds
Take No Prisoners
Live at the Aragon Ballroom
Devil's Canyon
Silent Reign of Heroes
Kindom of XII
Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge
Locked & Loaded (live CD)

Also you can't go wrong with "Greatest Hits", but you need to make sure you get the expanded, remastered edition.

Not so much recommended for a Hatchet newbie:
The Deed is Done
Lightning Strikes Twice
Southern Rock Masters

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/mollyhatchet.htm

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Also try to find a copy of Danny Joe Brown's solo album. Thats a great album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 am

ultmetal wrote:
As someone already said, I like them all. They are indeed Southern Fried metal, much like Blackfoot. They took the Skynyrd sound and added a heavier tone, although you won't hear much of that on the first album. That album isn't quite as heavy as what would follow.

I don't think all their albums are equally great, but I do like much, much more than just the first two.

Recommended:
Molly Hatchet
Flirtin' With Disaster
No Guts No Glory
Beatin the Odds
Take No Prisoners
Live at the Aragon Ballroom
Devil's Canyon
Silent Reign of Heroes
Kindom of XII
Warriors of the Rainbow Bridge
Locked & Loaded (live CD)

Also you can't go wrong with "Greatest Hits", but you need to make sure you get the expanded, remastered edition.

Not so much recommended for a Hatchet newbie:
The Deed is Done
Lightning Strikes Twice
Southern Rock Masters

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/mollyhatchet.htm
Wicked! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Molly Hatchet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Molly Hatchet   Molly Hatchet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molly Hatchet