Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]

Go down 
+38
Metallic Blaze
onrypt
Waylon
Blackmore
Thrasher1972
metalhead777
metalken
Nico
Doomdance
Wurthless
GrandNational
Sutekh
JBall_Z
Schbopo
Knyghtfall
The_Jayroh
Wargod
thejokeriv
Gilbert
rawr!
chewie
Stender
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Joe
ultmetal
kmorg
nevermore
DeathCult
krokus
tohostudios
SpectreFate
mc666
manny
bassman
Required Fields
DallasBlack
exact33
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 am

Wish You Were Here is still my all time favorite...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 am

Shawn D. wrote:
manny wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
yeah, Atom Heart Mother sounds really refreshing now when compared to the later 70's material. I didn't appreciate it when I was younger, but now it creates a really special vibe.

I have a hard time listening to the "Roger Waters with backup musicians" albums like The Wall and The Final Cut. I like to head farther back and appreciate when they were actually "a band".

I love Roger Waters and his back up band albums!!!!!!!!!!! And sure those early albums may have been more of a band, but the creative drive and artistic direction was bascially lead by Roger Waters even on those post Syd Barrett albums, compare those albums to 'Momentary Lapse ot Reason' and 'The Division Bell' two albums that I like but don't love, and in my mind no question to me who was the real creative genius of Pink Floyd.

Don't get me wrong, I admire Waters, but "therapy sessions put to music" hold little interest for me as a form of enjoyment. I'm also not really a fan of the post-Waters albums either, they sound incredibly dated now (moreso than the 70's material).

Basically, I stop at Animals these days, which is where my primary enjoyment of their music ends. The Wall is a journey I feel like I've taken too often and The Final Cut is just too grim even for me.

I am huge Waters fan but I have to agree to a certain extent when it comes to his solo career, 'The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking' was an OK album but it sounded it to me like a half baked concept album with a few interesting ideas but he never followed thru with, no wonder the Pink Floyd guys passed up on this songs when Waters presented it to them.

'Radio KAOS' has some great songs IMO and a cool (if dated) concept beyond it, but the ultra slick 80's production dates it very badly.

"Amused to Death' on the other hand is a masterpiece and made me look forward to Roger Waters continuing with further solo albums, but his hatered of record labels and other issues put an end, at least so far of any other full length studio albums.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:07 am

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 DSCF2240
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:19 am

Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming With the Dead
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 am

nice Jimmy Smith record. Next I'd recommend picking up "Back At The Chicken Shack" and "Midnight Special", two albums recorded on the same day with Stanley Turrentine and Kenny Burrell. Both classics.

right now:
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 61U0EtyTm8L._SL500_AA300_

wonderful soundtrack album, John Fahey, Pink Floyd, Jerry Garcia...

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Shawn D wrote:
The Wall is a journey I feel like I've taken too often and The Final Cut is just too grim even for me.

That's were I'm at as well.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:28 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Opeth-Morningrise
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm

chewie wrote:
Shawn D wrote:
The Wall is a journey I feel like I've taken too often and The Final Cut is just too grim even for me.

That's were I'm at as well.

I still love the Wall and the Final Cut is my favorite Pink Floyd album, which probably proves that their is something wrong with me, but I like the fact that the album is raw naked emotion.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Steve Taylor - Squint

Excellent album...

Today I have had my iPod "Alternative Rock" genre on shuffle...

Cash Cow is such a great song off that album. I enjoy just about all of Taylors material but Squint in particularly good.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:53 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 61DYN8V4AEL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:48 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 515cGAW4phL._SL500_AA300_

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:52 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Opeth-Morningrise

First Opeth album I bought over a decade ago and still my favorite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:48 pm

I need to find that one on LP, because every CD I've heard sounds so bad it's almost unlistenable. Thankfully they did "Advent" live on the Royal Albert Hall DVD, so I have an awesome sounding version of that song.

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:18 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 196836
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 pm

King's X - s/t
Galactic Cowboys - Let It Go
Atomic Opera - Gospel Cola
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 0130a2c008a0060d71429010.L._AA300_
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 41vpr0FcjlL._SL500_AA300_

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Rush-signals

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 BT3A-300

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 51dPSCH%2BRoL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 61DYN8V4AEL._SL500_AA300_

I just burned that and Kaleidoscope for a friend that digs alot of psychadelic and prog stuff! I really dig different realities. The chick that sings on it is great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:01 pm

yep, excellent stuff! I love all the indian instruments, gives it a very unique vibe.

speaking of unique vibe...
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 51WKGVVP2ZL._SL500_AA300_

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Realm - Suiciety
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 am

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 51YS5GGDHZL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 am

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 ExtolTODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Front13
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Front14TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Front15

Last edited by SpectreFate on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:33 am

manny wrote:
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 41vpr0FcjlL._SL500_AA300_

Just played that one, too!

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 41g1r2T9AWL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 am

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 51wL1n3ndYL._SL500_AA300_

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:03 am

Steve Taylor - Now the Truth Can Be Told
AC/DC - Back in Black
Iron Savior - Condition Red
Stones - 40 Licks
Pink Cream 69 - Electrified
Ghoultown - Bury them Deep
Metal Church - The Dark
Metallica - ..And Justice for All
Dramarama - 18 Big Ones: The Best of Dramarama

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next