Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avenged Sevenfold

Go down 
+23
XYZ
Damien Solta
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
Pontus
ThrashedOutCobra33
Muloc7253
MetalRob331
nevermore
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
Jedilink
Shiney
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Smindas
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
AchrisK
Wargod
Required Fields
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 10:28 am

I haven't heard anything that impressed me. And I know it's tough not to judge a book by it's cover, but when I see them in their eye make-up and hair over one eye and 'retro' metal-t-shirts, I just think "emo-nu-metal-Hot-Topic-lame-screamy-MTV-bandwagon-garbage".

I had a free copy of their last cd that I got from work, tried listening to it on the advice of a friend, and then promptly sold it on eBay.

Not my thing, but everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Have yet to hear a single song by this band that doesn't suck. They and Trivium are both great examples of all that is currently wrong with metal nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 5:21 pm

I really liked a couple of their songs,so I bought City of Evil.But like most modern bands I grew tired of it really quick and traded it off.I'm not saying they dont have talent or potential,but they need to really work on it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 8:19 pm

I got into them last year with the success of the "Bat Country" song. That's a great song, I can't believe it actually got airplay because it sounds nothing like anything else being passed off as "metal" these days. That was a pretty good album too.

Another decent new 'old school' influenced metal band is Trivium.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 8:28 pm

I don't mind them....I don't own anything by them But I'd rather listen to them than NICKELBACK, 3 DOORS DOWN or any of the 67 other bands that sound like those bands...

Anymore I' rather smack myself in the cojones with a mallet than sit through an hour of "Modern Rock Radio"

The only thing that keeps me from REALLY digging them is the nu-metalesque vox.

Basically I dig BULLETS & OCTANE or VAINS OF JENNA more....
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 1:09 am

yeah Shiney,Vains of Jenna are pretty decent.I need to pick up their cd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 10:13 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I got into them last year with the success of the "Bat Country" song. That's a great song, I can't believe it actually got airplay because it sounds nothing like anything else being passed off as "metal" these days. That was a pretty good album too.

Another decent new 'old school' influenced metal band is Trivium.

I don't like Avenged Sevenfold, but a buddy of mine gave me a cdr of Trivium's "The Crusade" and I got to say I'm liking it. I know they take alot of flak for being posers and ripping off old Metallica, but I'm liking it. I've heard their older stuff on Sirius Hard Attack and didn't care for the lead screamer, but now he's got that James Hetfield "Yea-Aaaa" thing going, I'm liking it.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 1:13 am

There are some PARTS to the music in the songs that iskinda cool, however, the vocalist....can't sing and he sounds like some whiney singer from an emo band put into this heavier type of sound. Some of the music parts in Bat Country are neat enough I guess, but as for the band in general....they suck. The melodies are to pop punky sounding and are just kind of dumb. The chorus in bat country sounds likes it's supposed to be complex but just ends up being really lame. Metal needs AGGRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REAL POWER!!!!

And this band doesn't have it. Stop insulting metal already, please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 6:31 am

city of evil is ok nit great. they are not really a metal band
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 11:30 am

I remember this kid told me about them "these guys sound JSU LIKE MEGADETH!" and he lent me their CDs for my Megadeth albums, i get halfway home and turn my car around and speed back to the school, open his passenger door and grab my CDs back and take back my albums.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 1:04 pm

I just can't get into this band. If the whole retro type thing wasn't cool they'd be trying to sound like Atreyu or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:13 pm

nevermore wrote:
I just can't get into this band. If the whole retro type thing wasn't cool they'd be trying to sound like Atreyu or something.
Have you not heard the latest Atreyu? Haha. Yep, they've gone all "traditional" metal on us, too. Haha. They've even got crazy fresh solos now! Whooooo!

http://www.myspace.com/atreyurock Rolling Eyes

I hate those kinds of bands. Avenged Sevenfold have four full-length albums, and each one has a different style that corresponds with the "in" sound with mainstream "metal" at the time. It's pathetic. It's not a problem when bands evolve slightly, but totally shifting gears is a joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:17 pm

The only song I've heard by them is "Bat Country", which I think is a pretty good song (and has a decent video to boot).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 pm

This band is LAME.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:37 pm

i loved City of Evil and Waking The Fallen. I think the tight musicianship is what i like about them. I'm more about the music and if it sounds good. I dont really look at the personalities of the band members. I think some of the songs on the new cd are awesome and i love the country song on the cd..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:45 pm

OMG...They smurfing sucks...I rather eat diarhee then saying loud : ''I love Avenged Sevenfold...''. I'm listening to Pink Floyd right now so don't disturbme with band that I don't like...It's stronger then me I can't stay without saying something when I see a thread like that.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 am

Here is the guitar player you all love. Seems he loves himself even more than you guys do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiF9HswNMSg

This is a really horrible, patroizing listen.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:17 am

I've listened to that song before, but this time I couldn't make it past the chorus. It's rare for a song to evoke such a negative reaction inside me. You can almost see the "haha, they're buying it!" in their eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:59 am

[quote="Muloc7253"]Here is the guitar player you all love.

quote]

Don't include me in this ''All''.

OMG...I closed the window when he started to sing...The best thing was the girl.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:10 pm

[quote="AceFrehley655"]
Muloc7253 wrote:
Here is the guitar player you all love.

quote]

Don't include me in this ''All''.

OMG...I closed the window when he started to sing...The best thing was the girl.

I actually think the vocal lines in the verses, and the verses in general are the least worst part. It's just...I don't know. I don't hate the band, and that song, aswell as songs like Bat Country are okay as pop metal songs, as Eyesore said, but I could never take these guys seriously and actually get a real kick from listening to their albums. And that's nothing to do with their fanbase or image or anything of the sort, I used to like the song 'Tears Dont Fall' by Bullet for my Valentine and would listen to it a lot, regardless of how trendy the band and a lot of their fans are, and at the moment I'm really addicted to Enter Shikari's 'Sorry You're Not a Winner', so it's not just a stuck up pride thing.

I guess it's just Trixter all over again lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 1:44 am

Anyone heard their first album?? Sounding the Seventh Trumpet? That album is raw and uncut..took a while to sink in but it did.. Its one of my altime favorites, their potential and theyre skills are more apparent here than on anyother album. If anyones never heard theyre old first album, and dont like the new stuff. Check out the first one and get back to me. I dont know anyone who has heard any of it. Im just curious about someone elses opinion! wow long ass post im out.
Ohh by the way F#% avenged sevenfold, they sold out, and theyre new stuff is incredibly weak. FALL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:02 am

Like clockwork. Third post!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:14 am

🤘
Eyesore wrote:
Like clockwork. Third post!
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 am

Not something id listen to ever..One of my friends loves them to death and all i have to say is that their talented for what they do but I dont like em.
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:03 am

Their self-titled album rocks! Don't know much about their metalcore era though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avenged Sevenfold
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next