Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avenged Sevenfold

Go down 
+23
XYZ
Damien Solta
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
Pontus
ThrashedOutCobra33
Muloc7253
MetalRob331
nevermore
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
Jedilink
Shiney
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Smindas
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
AchrisK
Wargod
Required Fields
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Empty
PostSubject: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:23 pm

I'm not sure if their "real metal" or not, but I will say that they have a very nice sound for a modern metal band. And an even bigger plus is that they play guitar solos. That alone is a sign. I think this band really has potential. Anyone agree... or for that matter, disagree? I think their really underrated as a metal band, and for some reason, they really remind me of Nevermore, because their a modern metal band probably. I need to buy some of their catalogue, I love their sound.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:25 pm

I don't like what I've heard from them at all. Power to ya, though, if you dig 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:31 pm

Sorry not a fan! Heard some on MTV it was ok but ot my kind!

Wargod48

NP: Nostradameus - Pathway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:36 pm

My kid used to like them. Then the singer stopped screaming (or
started, I can't remember) and that was that. I like the tune I
have heard on the radio. Pretty catchy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:42 pm

There guitar player is an absolute monster of a player. I heard the guy sweeping all over the place. Very impressive player. I love the song Bat Country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:48 pm

Yeah. I'm into older heavy metal as well but I really want a band that has talent to come into the 21st century and just blow everyone away. I think that's Avenged Sevefold's job. I just wish they weren't played on MTV... their real music. Their not for MTV, heh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:52 pm

buggie_strikes_back! wrote:
Yeah. I'm into older heavy metal as well but I really want a band that has talent to come into the 21st century and just blow everyone away. I think that's Avenged Sevefold's job. I just wish they weren't played on MTV... their real music. Their not for MTV, heh.
I agree, do not see how they got on MTV. I discovered them on MTV2, when they played Bat Coutry. I was floored, at the shred level of the guitar player. Not to many people doing that in the mainstream nowadays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:54 pm

I think it's pretty amazing that their a metal band with talent and they broke out of the underground. Not too many metal bands do that, and its becoming even rarer around these times. Let's hope their bringing metal back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:55 pm

The guitarists sound almost reminds me of a Megadeth(Marty Friedman, I believe) guitar sound on some of his solos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:02 pm

The guitarists sound almost reminds me of a Megadeth(Marty Friedman, I believe) guitar sound on some of his solos.
you hit it right on the nose with that one!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:15 pm

Never heard them.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:22 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Never heard them.

ack
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=21087482

Check out Bat Country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:24 pm

Yeah... has anyone told Ult about this band? I think he might like them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:26 pm

Yeah... has anyone told Ult about this band? I think he might like them.
I think Ult would dig on "Bat Country". I do not think he would like the rest of the cd honestly. There are many Nu Metal undertones on the cd, even though I think it kicks arse, and it is a great cd. Do not think he would like it at all. He is way to die hard. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Thats what I thought. But, I really only consider bands nu-metal if they don't play solos. If they play solos and are from the 21st cenutry, than they are NEW metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:30 pm

Thats what I thought. But, I really only consider bands nu-metal if they don't play solos. If they play solos and are from the 21st cenutry, than they are NEW metal.
yeah, good point. How could a band that has a guitar player doing sweeps be NU Metal. Good point, and I agree 🤘

Last edited by on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Just the technical skill of the guitarist is flat out amazing... and the only nu-metal thing I can pick out of the whole mix is the vocals, which aren't too terribly bad either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 9:40 pm

Is this thread a joke? This band defines the term "cookie-cutter." They have three full-lengths and each sound completely different. They're terrible. I admit they have some decent pop metal songs, but overall I can't respect anything they do.

Just check out some of their quotes:

Quote :
Zacky Vengeance (AVENGED SEVENFOLD) interviewing Metallica: I fucking loved "St. Anger". It seemed like you went back to your roots, said "F*** you!" and did something totally different.
Hahaha! Back to their roots by doing something totally different, including no solos. Haha.

Quote :
MTV: It's interesting that you cull your musical influences from the kind of bands many young people are probably not even aware of.

Shadows: I think classic metal just had a sound to it that had a crossover appeal to young people. Metal nowadays, I think there's a lot of great bands, but those bands don't have crossover appeal. Metalheads are so bitter, they're like, "Why doesn't a super-extreme band have all the success that AVENGED SEVENFOLD is having?" It's 'cause we have that traditional classic sound that bands like METALLICA and MEGADETH paved the way for a while ago. That sound crosses over and the extreme metal doesn't. When we wrote this record it was because we love classic traditional metal and we just wanted to write a record that came straight from our influences.
This band is pure comedy! They should rename themselves to Bandwagon Sevenfold. Seriously. Three full-length albums in and three DISTINCTLY different sounds. That is not a classic sound, that is not traditional, that is crossover not in musical but literal terms (i.e. selling out)!

Quote :
INTERVIEWER: With success of course comes criticism. How do you respond to the fans and critics that accuse the band of "selling out" or "not being metal enough?"

M. SHADOWS: We've been criticized since day one. We love it. The more people talk, the more people get interested in the band. Selling out is a term kids use in high school. Anyone that calls us a sell out has never heard the record or they are basing it off of the fact that we dont scream anymore.

INTERVIEWER: Do you think you guys will ever go back to using your real names like Mudvayne, The Donnas and others have done?

M. SHADOWS: Hell no! M.Shadows is my real name now.

INTERVIEWER: Your newest record "City Of Evil" just came out on Warner Bros. Can you introduce the record and describe it? How is it different from your previous works?

M. SHADOWS: I feel this record is ambitious and sounds like no one else. That was the point of it. To make a record that stands on its own without a scene behind it. There is no scene for this type of music, just people who love it and people who hate it.

Later in the interview:

I know about 10% of our fans just like us because they see our name on T-shirts with a cool logo and we used to scream on our records and it's a cool scene to be involved in.
Hehe.

And it doesn't end!! Here's more from an interview, but first a disclaimer from M. Shadows:

Quote :
M. Shadows wants to set the record straight so there's no confusion: Avenged Sevenfold are a heavy metal band.

And now something completely differe...the same:

"We want our shows to be respectable heavy metal shows. We're a rock and roll band, and we want kids to know that."

"It's a rock record. This is what Avenged Sevenfold is about. It's not a radio-driven band..."

"...for the kids that get the record, and get the whole record — not just the poppy chorus..."
M. Shadows on Metallica and Guns 'N Roses:

Quote :
"I feel we're the ones that are going to come up and take those bands' place when they're not doing it anymore."

Guns 'N' Roses hasn't been doing anything for how long now? Haha. On Ozzfest:

Quote :
"It would be cool to be a traditional metal band on a tour that has, what, Disturbed on it? We'll just have to see what happens."
These guys are so deep in the whole selling out process they have NO CLUE what kind of band they are.

And now for a lesson in biting the hand that feeds. On playing Ozzfest:

Quote :
Zacky: It was awesome. People weren't even talking about Ozzy, everybody was talking about us, and whether it was good or bad, I mean, they were still talking about us.

On touring with Metallica and Guns 'N' Roses:

Quote :
Ultimate-Guitar.com: You recently toured with METALLICA and GUNS N' ROSES, what was that like?

Zacky: It was probably one of those things, where it's like fucking a supermodel and giving them HIV or something.
Huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 9:59 pm

It's the music that matters, I don't care how dumb the band members are. And if you don't like 'em, thats cool and all. Also, you have to admit, the lead guitarist is impressive. I don't think he was included in any of the idiotic quotes... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 11:26 pm

You put alot of work into your rips, Eyesore. "A" for effort!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 11:35 pm

I have said before that I actually kind of like the new disc, but have NO USE for their older stuff.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 12:23 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
You put alot of work into your rips, Eyesore.
i don't... this band is ghey

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 12:40 am

It's the music that matters, I don't care how dumb the band members are. And if you don't like 'em, thats cool and all. Also, you have to admit, the lead guitarist is impressive. I don't think he was included in any of the idiotic quotes...
I don't find the lead guitarist to be impressive at all. Any guitarist taking lessons for 6 months can play like that.

And I didn't put much effort into all that, I just copied and pasted those from a thread I started over at metalreviews.com called The Avenged Sevenfold Member Member Says Something Moronic Thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 2:12 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I have said before that I actually kind of like the new disc, but have NO USE for their older stuff.

Arttie

Yeah, I will agree with that. City of Evil is the only CD I really like.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 6:50 am

I agree that City of Evil is the only decent thing they've put out. Everything prior to that is pretty dire.

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   avenged sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avenged Sevenfold
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next