Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pro-Pain

Go down 
+7
MetalRob331
SideShowDisaSter
Todd Jaymz
SAHB Healer
Hamer12
mc666
Troublezone
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:04 pm

So I got the Pro-Pain promo in the mail today. Love it! Very different, though. Nothing drastic, but diffenent enough. Like when they got really heavy on The Truth Hurts or the clean singing that first showed up on Round Six (I think it was Round Six, anyway) and then the death metal vocals on the last few albums, this one has a more sing-a-long punk feel. In fact, a lot of the songs have big, cleanly-sung choruses. Not metalcore or anything like that, but literally like an old school hardcore punk album. It's pretty sweet!

Here are two songs, both give a good idea of where this album is at:

HALO
GO IT ALONE

"Go It Alone" is like an Agnostic Front tune, a dedication to the fans. Great stuff. I love this band!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 3:42 pm

One of my all time favorites and those tunes sound killer as always thanx Eye
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 pm

Looks like Pro-Pain is going a more melodic route.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103047
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Too bad nothing really came of that Crumbsuckers reunion. I was hoping they would have made a new record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:02 am

troublezone wrote:
Looks like Pro-Pain is going a more melodic route.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103047
Look above. I linked two songs. It's not melodic in the mellow sense. It's like an anthemic punk/hardcore album, but by Pro-Pain.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:23 pm

Have their first record and saw them open up for Testament in '93. Pretty good band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 am

Leatherface wrote:
Have their first record and saw them open up for Testament in '93. Pretty good band.
Just the first record? They sound nothing like that anymore. In fact, they only sounded like that on the debut. The follow-up was really heavy, then they eased off the pedal and settled into a zone between the first two albums and have basically stayed their through 11 albums, adding new elements now and then to make it sound fresh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:32 am

Pretty cool footage.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:16 am

Imloving the new album. Got it at FYE yesterday, Favorite tracks so far are

Let the Blood run through the streets
To Never Return
Phoenix Rising

I'm liking how they put more hooks on this cd then they usually have it seems to be a lot more fresh. Another awesome release from these guys..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Yep. They changed it up pretty good on this one. It's got a singalong punk feel to it, but at the same time it's still heavy as hell. I love it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
Yep. They changed it up pretty good on this one. It's got a singalong punk feel to it, but at the same time it's still heavy as hell. I love it.

Is that Gary doing the clean vocals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:37 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Yup. There's a guest vocalist on "Hour of the Time," but I'm not sure what he is singing. Gary has been trying some clean vocals every now and then going back to Round 6. It was only a matter of time before he tried it a bit more on an album.

Did you know Rob Barrett (Cannibal Corpse) does the leads on "Phoenix Rising?" You know what else, Meskill didn't write all these songs like he normally does. Over the years, Klimchuck has co-written a lot of tunes, but this time out, 6 of the 10 songs were written by either Klimchuck himself, or by him and the other two guys. Meskill did lyrics. Gary didn't write a single song by himself. I wonder why that is? Maybe Pro-Pain is more of a band now and he feels like he can let a little of that control go? I'd say this is why the album sounds so different and new.

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Yup. There's a guest vocalist on "Hour of the Time," but I'm not sure what he is singing. Gary has been trying some clean vocals every now and then going back to Round 6. It was only a matter of time before he tried it a bit more on an album.

Did you know Rob Barrett (Cannibal Corpse) does the leads on "Phoenix Rising?" You know what else, Meskill didn't write all these songs like he normally does. Over the years, Klimchuck has co-written a lot of tunes, but this time out, 6 of the 10 songs were written by either Klimchuck himself, or by him and the other two guys. Meskill did lyrics. Gary didn't write a single song by himself. I wonder why that is? Maybe Pro-Pain is more of a band now and he feels like he can let a little of that control go? I'd say this is why the album sounds so different and new.

Interesting.

I say it is long over due that T.K. gets in on the songwriting he has been with the band for what every cd but one? I always found that name Rob Barrett as awesome mine is Rob Jarrett haha
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:12 pm

US Tour dates soon to be announced. Its about time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 am

Oh. Cool. I'd go see them. Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Yes I just hope its somewhere near by and I dont have to go out of state. Pro-pain is a must concert for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Tour dates:

Quote :
Florida-based hardcore/metal veterans PRO-PAIN will embark on a U.S. tour in June/July. Support on the trek will come from SWORN ENEMY and MANTIC RITUAL. Tickets for all shows are on sale via EnterTheVault.com exclusively until March 7 at which point they will become available through all normal ticketing outlets.

The dates are as follows:

Jun. 13 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room (no SWORN ENEMY)
Jun. 14 - St. Petersburg, FL - The Garage (no SWORN ENEMY)
Jun. 15 - Jacksonville, FL - Jack Rabbits
Jun. 16 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
Jun. 17 - Nashville, TN - The Muse
Jun. 18 - Louisville, KY - Uncle Pleasants
Jun. 19 - Jacksonville, NC - Hooligans Music Hall
Jun. 20 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11
Jun. 21 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Jun. 22 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
Jun. 23 - New York, NY - B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
Jun. 24 - Allentown, PA - Crocodile Rock Cafe
Jun. 25 - Hartford, CT - Webster Theater
Jun. 26 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
Jun. 27 - Farmingdale, NY - Crazy Donkey
Jun. 28 - Rochester, NY - Penny Arcade
Jun. 29 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's Down Under
Jun. 30 - Mokena, IL - Pearl Room
Jul. 01 - St Paul, MN - Station 4
Jul. 02 - Winnipeg, MB - Royal Albert Arms
Jul. 03 - Regina, SK - The Distrikt
Jul. 04 - Calgary, AB - The Warehouse
Jul. 06 - Vancouver, BC - Plaza Club
Jul. 07 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Jul. 08 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
Jul. 09 - San Francisco, CA – Slim's
Jul. 10 - San Marcos, CA - Jumping Turtle
Jul. 11 - Anaheim, CA - Chain Reaction
Jul. 12 - Los Angeles, CA - Key Club
Jul. 13 - Phoenix, AZ - UB's
Jul. 14 - Tucson, AZ - The Rock
Jul. 15 - Farmington, NM - Gators
Jul. 16 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
Jul. 17 - Kansas City, MO - The Riot Room
Jul. 18 - Waterloo, IA - Spicolis Grill
Jul. 20 - Ft Worth, TX - Lola's
Jul. 21 - San Antonio, TX - Scout Bar
Jul. 22 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
Insane! I don't know the last time these guys had the opportunity to do such a long tour in the US. Sure, it's short, really, but still long for them. I highly encourage everyone to check out a date!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:55 pm

WOW! Croc Rock in Allentown is 20 mins from me. Greatest news of the day!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:29 am

Quote :
Jul. 11 - Anaheim, CA - Chain Reaction

This place is down the street from were i live but it's really small.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Chain Reaction is more of a punk venue, is it not? I have some cool punk boots from there and The Scarred put out an INSANELY good live show from there as well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:52 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Chain Reaction is more of a punk venue, is it not? I have some cool punk boots from there and The Scarred put out an INSANELY good live show from there as well.

Yes it is a punk club, I saw No Innocent Victim there before. They sometimes have metal and indie bands there as well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:02 pm

They got a new one coming out in May.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137229
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 am

I WILL OWN THIS!!!!! One of the best and most consistent bands out there. No End in Sight was an amazing album and Im sure this one will be brutal based on the fact they tend to differ between releases. Gary Meskil is pure genius IMO...

CANT WAIT....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Guys....where can I get cheap Pro-Pain CDs ONLINE?

I remember seeing them somewhere but can't place where I saw them for dirt cheap.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 pm

I remember this as well and Im searching for ya...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pain   pro pain - Pro-Pain - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro-Pain
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2