Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC music calms Great White

Go down 
+3
thejokeriv
tohostudios
manny
7 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AC/DC music calms Great White Empty
PostSubject: AC/DC music calms Great White   AC/DC music calms Great White Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 am

Speaking of music calming the savage beast, scientists in Australia have discovered that playing AC/DC music to great white sharks seems to have a calming effect on the creatures, reports NME.

They are especially fond of "You Shook Me All Night Long," according to new research.

Scientists in Australia have discovered that great white sharks behave in a much calmer manner when they are played AC/DC songs.

Matt Waller, a chartered boat operator in Southern Australia, has been conducting research into how music affects the behavior of great white sharks and discovered that they tended to behave in a much calmer manner when AC/DC is played, in particular "You Shook Me All Night Long."

Waller told Australian news outlet ABC News: "I was talking to a guy who had been diving in Guadeloupe and there were some divers there who just been playing music in the water. We got talking and they said there were some certain songs that saw an actual change in the behavior of the sharks."

He continued: "I started going through my albums and AC/DC was something that really hit the mark. Their behavior was more investigative, more inquisitive and a lot less aggressive. They actually came past on a couple of occasions when we had the speaker in the water and rubbed their face along the speaker which was really bizarre."

The discovery is all the more strange as great white sharks don't have ears, so are simply responding to the frequencies and vibrations from the tracks.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC music calms Great White   AC/DC music calms Great White Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:01 am

I wonder what would happen if you played some Great White for a great white.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC music calms Great White   AC/DC music calms Great White Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:10 am

tohostudios wrote:

You would be once bitten........
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC music calms Great White   AC/DC music calms Great White Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:12 am

tohostudios wrote:

The shark would catch fire.

Tasteless, but I found it humorous.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC music calms Great White   AC/DC music calms Great White Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

You would be once bitten........

and then you would be twice shy....

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC music calms Great White   AC/DC music calms Great White Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:53 am

Very interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC music calms Great White   AC/DC music calms Great White Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:23 am

AC/DC forever!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC music calms Great White   AC/DC music calms Great White Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC music calms Great White
Page 1 of 1