Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savatage bootleg

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:21 pm

Check out this Savatage bootleg. it contains the EXACT same tracklist of a CDR I made for someone a long time ago!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAVATAGE-UNPLUGGED-LIVE-CD_W0QQitemZ260081435188QQihZ016QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 7:45 pm

kmorg wrote:
Check out this Savatage bootleg. it contains the EXACT same tracklist of a CDR I made for someone a long time ago!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAVATAGE-UNPLUGGED-LIVE-CD_W0QQitemZ260081435188QQihZ016QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is someone trying to pull a fast one and resell the cdr you made for them?

The only cd I have by them is "Hall of the Mountain King". Not a fan at all. To me it sounds like hardcore power metal, which I have tried to get into, just not my cup o tea. To bad the cd plays fine on my computer, but skips on all my other cd players. I am sure I could get a good trade for it
Back to top Go down

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:21 pm

Have you ever noticed how many greek sellers on ebay have these Items ? He's had at least 2 more of these CDs as I've been looking at them in my ebay while they were still running and look how many more live bootleg digi CDs he's selling.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:24 pm

The first person I ever got ripped off in a trade was a guy in Greece, over at the CMR. We are talking when I first started posting there, circa 1999
Back to top Go down

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 9:15 pm

Remember when eBay wouldn't allow these to be sold? EBay makes so much money from bootlegs these days, whether cheap nerd-made CDRs or high quality bootlegs from Russia or Germany. It's sickening. They should also change their name to eBuy-It-Now. There are hardly any auctions these days.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 4:13 am

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Is someone trying to pull a fast one and resell the cdr you made for them?

Not exactly, but my CDR might have been used as a "blueprint" for what ended up as a bootleg. My CDR was sent to the States, and this fellow is from Greece. He has factory pressed bootlegs, as if that is making them legit! Evil or Very Mad

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 6:46 am

As far as I was aware, eBay UK at the very least isn't too big on bootlegs. I got chastised by them for trying to sell off a Megadeth one a while back.

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 11:01 am

Speaking of ebay, is it easy to reseal CDs ? I bought one from a guy and he stated it was new & sealed, when I recieved it I was putting the details up for my site so turned it over to write down the year and there was a big sexy punch-hole through the bar code, but the hole was not through the plastic ??

The plastic around the jewel case was real tight type of plastic that had no band around it so you could unseal it. So I though that the seller or someone else ws re-sealing them, is it possible ? you know how many buyers go for "Sealed" CDs.
Back to top Go down

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 11:04 am

Locky wrote:
Speaking of ebay, is it easy to reseal CDs ? I bought one from a guy and he stated it was new & sealed, when I recieved it I was putting the details up for my site so turned it over to write down the year and there was a big sexy punch-hole through the bar code, but the hole was not through the plastic ??

The plastic around the jewel case was real tight type of plastic that had no band around it so you could unseal it. So I though that the seller or someone else ws re-sealing them, is it possible ? you know how many buyers go for "Sealed" CDs.

Sure. There is a place I go to sometimes in York, PA. They buy used cds, and have a pro machine to reseal them. I know what you are talking about. I have gotten alot of ones that were questionable ones. 99 percent of the time I do not pay alot for a cd on Ebay, so it was no big deal to me. Could understand if you paid alot though for a new/still sealed cd
Back to top Go down

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 3:34 pm

Didn't pay much for it, but I was just wondering if it's done at all.

Yea you'd be fairly pissed off if you paid alot for a CD that was resealed,

Thanks,
Back to top Go down

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Beware of cassette demos on eBay, too. They're much easier to duplicate these days, making them almost identical to the originals.
Back to top Go down

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 8:54 pm

he's at it again and has a load more Digi's here too, Damn these guys are producing like mad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAVATAGE-UNPLUGGED-LIVE-CD_W0QQitemZ260094987719QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and here's another Greek seller who has that Savatage Digi CD (alot also) and more rare stuff (check out his other items).

http://cgi.ebay.ie/SABBAT-DREAMWEAVER-CD_W0QQitemZ200087758551QQihZ010QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but this fella is covering his ass on ebay by saying "I AM NOT SURE IT IS THE FIRST PRESS [EDITION]" so noone can have any comeback,
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 1:16 pm

One of them even has a bootleg 7" of the Soundhouse Tapes Iron Maiden demo!!

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 2:01 pm

^ yea , they are some chancers,

I do like the new set up on ebay now, when you look at someone's ffeedback you can see all the items named and priced except the private ones, but it shows how much one of these guys is making on this stuff, it's criminal.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 11:02 pm

Yeah, he has some MEGA-rare stuff, all "not sure if its a first pressing" stuff, however.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

Savatage bootleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage bootleg   Savatage bootleg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savatage bootleg
Page 1 of 1