Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rush Friday Night !! aug3

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
mr.electric39
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Empty
PostSubject: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 11:06 pm

Very excited as the boys from Toronto will be gracing me with their presence.. (after I paid $40 !!)

I've heard nothing but positives so I'm very excited..... anyone else seen this tour yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:26 am

There not coming here. Give us a review of the show.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:37 am

An evening with Rush was had by all on Friday August 3rd in Concord, Ca... 10,000 plus in attendence. The pavillion is an amiphitheatre, temps were in the high 90's that day.

At 7:40 pm festivities started with much fanfare. A video montage of Snakes and Arrows plays with it ending Alex is waking up in bed... He says 'Hey honey I've had a horrible dreams... there were all these snakes..." Then Neil wakes up next to him... they both look at each other and scream.... cut to Geddy waking up with chicken all over him. A scottish Geddy appears in kilt and in no uncertain terms tells him to get out on stage and stop eating chicken.... show begins

Limelight
Digital Man - I'd never heard live before.
Entre Nous -first time ever played live this tour
Mission
Freewill - they nailed the breakdown.. NAILED IT!!!
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl (with McKenzie Brothers intro)
Secret Touch
Circumstances - a step down.... from Hemispheres
Between The Wheels - I loved original, yet so much heavier live
Dreamline

(-Intermission-/video intro)
Far Cry - a classic tune from S&A
Workin’ Them Angels - love this tune... from S&A
Armor And Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt - heard 'em play it in '85.. they tore it up....
Malignant Narcissism
Drum Solo - 90% different than before... very cool. I must confess nobody is perfect..... and I saw Neil Peart drop his stick during the solo.... it didn't affect the flow...
Hope
Distant Early Warning
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer (with South Park intro)
Encore:
One Little Victory
A Passage to Bangkok - big cheers ....
YYZ - huge cheers

Awesome light show (as always). They were very tight musically (no surprise). I appreciated the influx of hardly heard material (Circumstances, Passage, Digital Man and Entre Nous).... Between the Wheels is a great song, the live treatment was tremendous....

2/3 rds of Permanent Waves was played. Seems to me that this must be becoming favorites among the band.

I appreciated that no Xanadu, Bytor, Working man and other tunes that had been played to death... I love 'em but let's hear something else....

Great show. 4th time I'd seen 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 6:17 am

Ah, can't wait. They are coming 29.10. to here. Set sounds amazing ! A Passage to Bangkok, that's friggin' amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:07 pm

Did they play with the clothes dryers on stage?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:18 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Did they play with the clothes dryers on stage?

I did forget some very important info....

No clothes dryers, but three LARGE chicken rottiesere (ah yeah spelling)....

Alex and Geddy did ham it up pretty good with the crowd.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:27 pm

So instead of throwing shirts out of the dryers to the crowd, did people go home with some original recipe or extra crispy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:27 pm

I saw them at Darien Lake just out of my home city of Rochester, NY. KICKED ASS!!!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 11:37 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
So instead of throwing shirts out of the dryers to the crowd, did people go home with some original recipe or extra crispy?

Gotta tell ya it all happened so quick..... (the show) I'm here wondering what happened !!!!....
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 12:36 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
2/3 rds of Permanent Waves was played. Seems to me that this must be becoming favorites among the band.

I think that I found the answer to this on Blabbermouth tonight:

RUSH's 'Permanent Waves' To Be Reissued In November
- Aug. 9, 2007

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab is slated to release a 24 KT Gold Ultradisc II version of the 1980 RUSH classic "Permanent Waves". The disc will be priced at $24.99 and is tentatively set for release this November. Details on the album are as follows:

"By 1980, RUSH was experiencing the mid-point of what would be their golden period of recording (1976-1982). Released in January that year, 'Permanent Waves' was a transitional exercise that moved them further from the'prog-rock' lump-labeling and pointed the way for their next masterpiece the following year, 'Moving Pictures'.

"Peaking at Number 4 on the Billboard's album chart, 'Permanent Waves' spawned such perennial concert staples as 'Freewill' and 'Spirit Of Radio'. Well-beyond the power-trio of old, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart each contributed equally, with multiple instrumentation and arranging approaches. With Terry Brown again producing, on board from their 1974 debut through 1982's 'Signals', each new album was a leap forward in mixing and production values, helping elevate the group to the upper echelons of rockdom. The combination of songwriting, arranging and production indeed renders it an undisputed rock classic."

The numbered limited edition Japanese mini-sleeve gatefold packaging (24 Karat Gold - Ultradisc II) features the following tracks:

01. The Spirit Of Radio
02. Freewill
03. Jacob's Ladder
04. Entre Nous
05. Different Strings
06. Natural Science

(Thanks: RushIsABand.com)
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:21 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
An evening with Rush was had by all on Friday August 3rd in Concord, Ca... 10,000 plus in attendence. The pavillion is an amiphitheatre, temps were in the high 90's that day.

At 7:40 pm festivities started with much fanfare. A video montage of Snakes and Arrows plays with it ending Alex is waking up in bed... He says 'Hey honey I've had a horrible dreams... there were all these snakes..." Then Neil wakes up next to him... they both look at each other and scream.... cut to Geddy waking up with chicken all over him. A scottish Geddy appears in kilt and in no uncertain terms tells him to get out on stage and stop eating chicken.... show begins

Limelight
Digital Man - I'd never heard live before.
Entre Nous -first time ever played live this tour
Mission
Freewill - they nailed the breakdown.. NAILED IT!!!
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl (with McKenzie Brothers intro)
Secret Touch
Circumstances - a step down.... from Hemispheres
Between The Wheels - I loved original, yet so much heavier live
Dreamline

(-Intermission-/video intro)
Far Cry - a classic tune from S&A
Workin’ Them Angels - love this tune... from S&A
Armor And Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt - heard 'em play it in '85.. they tore it up....
Malignant Narcissism
Drum Solo - 90% different than before... very cool. I must confess nobody is perfect..... and I saw Neil Peart drop his stick during the solo.... it didn't affect the flow...
Hope
Distant Early Warning
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer (with South Park intro)
Encore:
One Little Victory
A Passage to Bangkok - big cheers ....
YYZ - huge cheers

Awesome light show (as always). They were very tight musically (no surprise). I appreciated the influx of hardly heard material (Circumstances, Passage, Digital Man and Entre Nous).... Between the Wheels is a great song, the live treatment was tremendous....

I appreciated that no Xanadu, Bytor, Working man and other tunes that had been played to death... I love 'em but let's hear something else....

Great show. 4th time I'd seen 'em.

I just saw rush on Sept 9th. The same setlist as above (They alternate Distant Early Warning and Summertime Blues at different venues). There as about 12,000 in attendance. Natural Science is just tremendous played live. I thought their playing was flawless and Geddy's voice was better than ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:22 am

If anyone wants to see the South Park Intro for Tom Sawyer, you can view it at the link below. It was hillarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzg-TvhrpLE
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:06 pm

[quote="novellahub]
I just saw rush on Sept 9th. The same setlist as above (They alternate Distant Early Warning and Summertime Blues at different venues). There as about 12,000 in attendance. Natural Science is just tremendous played live. I thought their playing was flawless and Geddy's voice was better than ever.[/quote]

I'm amazed at how good they are. NS is a great tune live. I'm glad I got to hear Distant Early Warning as opposed to Summertime Blues, just preference for this tour...... Can't wait till they do it again...
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:00 am

Ive seen thier song list for a show on this tour and I like it, they broke out some classics. I love the fact that they aint afraid to delve back and play some old stuff. I dont think they'll ever play anything off Caress or 2112 other than the usual songs(like Bastille Day or Overture/Temples) but I noticed they did bust out Passage To Bangkok so thats cool. Also Circumstances and theyve revived Witch Hunt as well.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Missed them due to my travel schedule, but I did stay in the same hotel in Denver (Loews)...I wondered who those tour buses belonged to and didn't find out until the next day after they had left. I knew I'd miss them back home, but didn't think about catching them while I was travelling. It would have been cool to see them play red rocks amphitheatre. Oh well....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rush Friday Night !! aug3   Rush  Friday Night !! aug3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush Friday Night !! aug3
Page 1 of 1