Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good songs on Bad albums.

Go down 
+31
brokentulsa
Lari
Chrome Locust
Boris2008
BearOnUnicycle
Gryphon-kl
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
bgsully
Temple of Blood
Getizzyback
thejokeriv
Velvet Creation
Nico
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
Witchfinder
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
stormspell
krokus
Mglaffas81
Smindas
mc666
adrian
Gilbert
Troublezone
troublemagnet
metalhead777
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Let the Music Do The Talkin' and 'The Hop' off of Aerosmith's Done With Mirrors.

While I don't think it's an truely horrible album, it's way down on the list of albums I go to. Lotsa filler on that one, but these 2 tracks smoke.

I always liked "My Fist, Your Face" too.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven - I'm Broken and 5 Minutes Alone

Good call on that one. I'd substitute that Sabbath cover of 'Planet Caravan' for 'I'm Broken'. Other than those 2, this album is more of a space-holder in my collection.

Right, I forgot about the cover...but then again that's 'cause it's a cover and it really doesn't sound that much different from the original. Both versions are great nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:20 pm

I'd hesitate to call KISS's Lick It Up bad, but it's not fantastic. Absolutely adore the title track and 'Fits Like A Glove' though - they're a cut above the rest.

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:33 am

"Kiss Of Death" and "Can't Get Close Enough" from Black Sabbath's Forbidden album.

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:27 am

oh,have to say

Me-devil and Inked in blood from hangmans hymn by sigh

the mix of black metal and thrash was just.....ugh....
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:23 am

I'll vote for Until It Sleeps on Metallica's Load album. That song is great.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:10 am

Velvet Creation wrote:

Indeed it is, and it's even better live - the live version on Cunning Stunts smokes!

The whole album is great though, IMO
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm

I also have to say I enjoyed Frantic, St. anger sucked but I love that song!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
I also have to say I enjoyed Frantic, St. anger sucked but I love that song!

I liked Invisible Kid from that album
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Velvet Creation wrote:

Indeed it is, and it's even better live - the live version on Cunning Stunts smokes!

The whole album is great though, IMO

Well, Load was possibly the biggest disappointment in terms of music for me. I remember waiting anxiously for it to come out, then shortly prior to the album's release the band showed their new "look" with short hair and stuff... and that was already a shock. Then I bought the album and I almost cried when I listened to it. And no, I'm not joking... angry

But Until it Sleeps is amazing, no question about that.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:48 am

Nico wrote:

W.A.S.P. - The Last Command - Wild Child

Have to totally disagree here, if you don't like this album, you don't like W.A.S.P.!

I used to jam this from start to finish back in the day, and I remember all my friends digging Blind in Texas!
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:56 am

Well, here's mine.....keep in mind I was the biggest AC/DC fan back in the day (late 70s - mid 80s) So my expectations are endless, and this is just a matter of opinion.........

Blow Up Your Video (IMO) is by far the worst AC/DC album ever made!........but "Heat Seeker" was a pretty good song.

Plus "Stiff Upper Lip" (thanks mainly to Johnson's blown vocals which is understood BTW) also never did much for me. The title track was good, and sneak in "Satellite Blues", I thought was ok, but the rest?

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:02 am

"Hard To Believe" is a nice acoustic ballad on Dokken's mostly-hated SHADOWLIFE

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I've still never heard this album, because all of you guys have basically put a "Beware of steaming hot pile" seal of disapproval on this record. I don't own that album or "Long Way Home" and "Hell to Pay".
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Great point, I forgot all about this album.

I bet George and Don were throwing beer bottles at each other when they recorded this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:16 am

Getizzyback wrote:

I bet George and Don were throwing beer bottles at each other when they recorded this.

From what I've read, Don and George were never even in the studio at the same time while they were making that record.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

From what I've read, Don and George were never even in the studio at the same time while they were making that record.

They weren't in the same studio during the recording of Back For The Attack - the band record in AZ and the tapes where brought to another studio in LA so Don could do the vocals
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:

Yea well that certainly doesn't surprise me, it was only meant to be taken as a joke anyways....
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:35 pm

"All the Fools Sailed Away" by DIO on "Dream Evil".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I've still never heard this album, because all of you guys have basically put a "Beware of steaming hot pile" seal of disapproval on this record. I don't own that album or "Long Way Home" and "Hell to Pay".

I got SHADOWLIFE for 3.99 years ago from Columbia House when they were having a clearance sale. For that price...it's an OK album. I certainly wouldn't have paid more than that.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
"All the Fools Sailed Away" by DIO on "Dream Evil".

I completely disagree, I think that is a great Dio album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

It is official, I am the only Dokken fan who actually likes 'Shadowlife'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:38 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It is official, I am the only Dokken fan who actually likes 'Shadowlife'

Haha, I don't dislike it as much as some folks, but it's certainly not the first album of theirs I reach for when I'm in a Dokken kinda mood.

I knew before picking it up that it was going to be an oddball listen (I had read many horrible reviews of it in various magazines), so I went into its first spin with my expectations lowered, turns out it wasn't as horrible as I'd been dreading.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Listening to Savatage right now and thought of another one - "Hyde" off of FIGHT FOR THE ROCK. The rest of that album is kinda watery hard rock/pop metal, but that track at least has some teeth to it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Some will argue that they've never had good songs OR good albums, but Faster Pu$$ycat's stinker of a 3rd album Whipped had a decent tune on there. 'Non-Stop to Nowhere' was pretty catchy.

The rest was a jumbled mish-mosh of bad tunes.

PostSubject: Re: Good songs on Bad albums.   Good songs on Bad albums. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good songs on Bad albums.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next