Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

good NWOBHM albums

Go down 
+7
Witchfinder
nevermore
TheGreatDuck
BearOnUnicycle
Stender
Wrecked Neck
fingers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 12:21 am

Not really familiar with the NWOBHM but have already listened to Raven's All for One (good album), Slayer's (UK) I want your life, Saxon's Strong Arm Metal, Tank's Blood and Honour (best NWOBHM album I have heard so far), self titled by Angel Witch, lightening to nations and borrowed time by Diamond head, Tygers of Pan tang Crazy Nights, first three albums by venom, and Head on by Samson. Any other albums from the NWOBHM that are worth checking out?

Last edited by fingers on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 1:29 am

Satan, Court in the Act is probably my personal favorite. Lots of good stuff from that era, blitzkrieg, grim reaper, tygers of pan tang, cloven hoof, witchfynde etc etc...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 1:46 am

My favorite

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 5:40 am

Blind Fury's Out of Reach, Tokyo Blade with Night of the Blade (Alan Marsh version) and their debut.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:03 am

Angel Witch
Witchfinder Genetal
Atomkraft
Avenger
Warfare
Jaguar
Wolf
Legend

This list on RYM might be helpful - although, its scope is actually wider than NWOBHM proper as it is pretty much about British heavy metal in general (thus including bands such as Sabbath, Priest, Motorhead or Ozzy), and goes all the way until 2000:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/autothrall/autothralls_nwobhm_meltdown_250/
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Satan - Court In The Act
Jaguar - Power Games
Savage - Loose 'N Lethal
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 4:46 pm

There are lots of good suggestions here, but frankly you should not really focus on albums when you are talking about the NWOBHM.  The cream of the crop is located on various singles and EPs.  I would suggest you listen to the following compilations to get a good overview:

The best single retrospective compilation is this:

good NWOBHM albums R-1722514-1305302470.jpeg

Metal For Muthas and Metal For Muthas Volume II Cut Loud - the most influential comps - Volume I has fewer great tracks but is essential and Volume II is excellent - check out Trespass in particular:

Brute Force - One of the absolute best NWOBHM comps that is usually overlooked.  Check out the playlist here:

The are two BBC Friday Rock Show compilations that are also very good and mostly forgotten - Metal Explosion and The Friday Rock Show.  Lots of gems on these two including cuts by Sweet Savage, Xero, Black Axe, Trespass, Angel Witch, Praying Mantis and Samson.

I can't find the full album on youtube in a single file but here's Sweet Savage from The Friday Rock Show:

This is just a taste of the compilations and there are many more - 60 Minutes Plus, Roxsnax, Roxcalibur, Pure Overkill, New Electric Warriors, Lead Weight, Heavy Metal Heroes 1 & 2, Metal Maniaxe, Metallic Storm, etc...  

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Isn't there an old thread with an insane number of suggestions somewhere?

I'm going to recommend Girlschool

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Check out Spartan Warrior, they are pretty damn good!

A unique band from that time that I found used on a blind buy, Shiva:

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 1:49 am

Shiva is awesome; good pick. I bring forward Tyrant (UK), and their anthology release.  

Saracen is another one of my absolute favorites.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 12:29 am

NWOBHM is my favorite subgenre. As Witchfinder posted above, the best stuff is found on compilations, or demos, or EPs, and singles. A song here and there from all kinds of bands. There is so much great stuff. Bands who haven't been metioned yet:

Jameson Raid

Crucifixion

Traitors Gate

Wikkyd Vikker

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

good NWOBHM albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: good NWOBHM albums   good NWOBHM albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good NWOBHM albums
Page 1 of 1