Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!

Go down 
+26
Doomdance
Rex
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
biddle
powermacho
kmorg
Smindas
Lari
Leatherface
Joe
QuothTheRaven
nevermore
Storm_Rider89
DallasBlack
adrian
Wargod
James B.
GrandNational
Troublezone
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
ZetaReticuli
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:21 pm

i'm sure Van is used to hearing harsh words, being around this alcoholic for as many years as he has.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm

The rhythm section has always been background fixtures in Nevermore since the beginning. Van was probably viewed as a glorified session drummer.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Van is incredible and is an important part of their sound, but is still replaceable.

I'd like to see Mike Portnoy join them, but he probably isn't on the same drugs Warrel likes so they wouldn't get along. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Raymond Herrera needs a gig...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 pm

From a recent interview with Warrel Dane. Nevermore is still a thing...

Quote :
On whether NEVERMORE is completely done:

Warrel: "No, NEVERMORE is not dead. I have secret plans. I had all the lyrics written for a new NEVERMORE record right after… When Jeff and Van [Williams, drums] both decided to leave the band… The band didn't break up. They left the band. I had all the lyrics written for the next [album] — all of them. [It was] kind of a conceptual thing and continuing with the tradition of all the NEVERMORE lyrics that were evolving and turning into a perpetual story. And there's a possibility that, yeah, there will be another [album]. There's support there from the record company, probably. There's support from other people involved in the business that would mean maybe it would be a good idea to do another one. So don't be surprised if there is a new NEVERMORE record within the next two years. But I don't know who will be in the band. All I can say is that I will be, Jim Sheppard [bass] will definitely be… I would love for Jeff Loomis to do it, but he's in ARCH ENEMY now, so I don't know if that's possible. Because we're not enemies. We don't talk much, but we're definitely not enemies. We didn't part on bad terms, so… We'll see."

I'm cool with another Nevermore album if it does indeed happen.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Interesting that he said that he and Jeff Loomis are not enemies. Of course all the rumors are the exact opposite of that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Yo, ultmetal, check your private messages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3