Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase

Go down 
+4
sam
Troublezone
Smindas
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Nevermore's guitarist solo instrumental album. Pre-order (available 9/22) here for $8.50

https://www.cmdistro.com/search.aspx?search=jeff+loomis

I'm picky when it comes to instrumental albums, but I'll get this without hearing a single note.

Also, apparently Nevermore has a live DVD/CD coming in October. A Year of the Voyager or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:47 pm

I will probably check this out at some point, but I am also a tad picky with instrumental albums. Still, if it's at least as good as Dane's solo effort, it won't be money wasted.

Also, from what I read about Year of the Voyager or whatever it's called on Blabbermouth, it sounds like a pretty fantastic set of footage. That's a definite purchase.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Smindas wrote:
I will probably check this out at some point, but I am also a tad picky with instrumental albums. Still, if it's at least as good as Dane's solo effort, it won't be money wasted.

Also, from what I read about Year of the Voyager or whatever it's called on Blabbermouth, it sounds like a pretty fantastic set of footage. That's a definite purchase.

I hope they sell the cd seperately. I'd rather have that over a dvd. I just never have the time (or desire, really) to sit and watch 'em. I'm picky when it comes to live albums as well, but Nevermore is a given. I'd pretty much pick up anything they put out. Love this band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:32 am

I will get this album too.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:28 am

I downloaded this about 2 months ago and It is insanely awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:57 pm

it sounds like Nevermore without vocals. fine by me.

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:29 pm

The only instrumental stuff I appear to be able to get into is mellow, ambient stuff, like Dead Can Dance, or insane instrumental prog-metal, like Canvas Solaris. Straight up instrumental metal just bores me, at least when it's a full album's worth of songs.

I would buy this cheap, however.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:59 am

awesome album.
prefer this album to warrell's solo album, although that album was still awesome !!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:58 am

I loved warrell's thought it was great
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:34 pm

I'll be picking this up.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 pm

Anybody want to start a petition for a new nevermore album? we can all digitally sign it and email it to the band
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:55 pm

sam wrote:
Anybody want to start a petition for a new nevermore album? we can all digitally sign it and email it to the band

Are they on hiatus or something? Do you have reason to believe that are not recording anymore? I figured once they got these solo discs outta the way, a new Nevermore disc would be next, probably by sometime in '09. Is this wrong?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 2:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
sam wrote:

Are they on hiatus or something? Do you have reason to believe that are not recording anymore? I figured once they got these solo discs outta the way, a new Nevermore disc would be next, probably by sometime in '09. Is this wrong?

I hope not, its just been a long time with no news from the band. I've been getting worried that's all
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 2:02 pm

sam wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
sam wrote:

I hope not, its just been a long time with no news from the band. I've been getting worried that's all

Well...they got a live dvd/cd coming out next month to tide you over till the next release. How 'bout that?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 2:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nevermore's guitarist solo instrumental album. Pre-order (available 9/22) here for $8.50

https://www.cmdistro.com/search.aspx?search=jeff+loomis

I'm picky when it comes to instrumental albums, but I'll get this without hearing a single note.

Also, apparently Nevermore has a live DVD/CD coming in October. A Year of the Voyager or something like that.

Curse me and my procrastinating ways!! The sale is over. It's now $10 for the cd. Still not a bad price, but I shoulda got it cheaper.

By the way, I was gonna order up some cd's from SecondSpin.com and they don't accept Paypal. Didn't they used to? I coulda swore I payed with Paypal in the past, but now it's credit cards only. Which sucks, cause I got me some money in my account that's burning a hole in my virtual pocket.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Nevermore aren't on hiatus. They'll have a new disc out in '09.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:02 pm

I got this a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it. Instrumentals can be hit-or-miss with me, but this one is good. I suppose it's a bit of the fan-boy talking here, but so what.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I got this a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it. Instrumentals can be hit-or-miss with me, but this one is good. I suppose it's a bit of the fan-boy talking here, but so what.

Jeff Loomis is amazing and the talent of the musicians on that cd is incredible. Im not a fan boy but Jeff is one of the rarest guitar players there is and one of my favorites. He can mix shred with some very beautiful solos as well. He also is an incredible rhythm player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase   Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase
Page 1 of 1