Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!

Go down 
+26
Doomdance
Rex
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
biddle
powermacho
kmorg
Smindas
Lari
Leatherface
Joe
QuothTheRaven
nevermore
Storm_Rider89
DallasBlack
adrian
Wargod
James B.
GrandNational
Troublezone
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
ZetaReticuli
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure

Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure

Nevermore guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from the group. The two have released a joint statement:

“In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time.”

Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band’s first album, 1995’s self titled, Nevermore.

NEVERMORE recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

Stay tuned for more information regarding NEVERMORE.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Ouch! That sucks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm very surprised although I guess I shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! 3ba134f52fa6b78e6bddb881e17848cc

So now it's the Warrell Dane Experience?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:31 pm

I wonder if split has anything to do with Warrel's decision to resurrect Sanctuary? Is this gonna be the end of Nevermore? Is Warrel gonna become the Dave Mustaine of Nevermore and just rotate through musicians?

Ohhhhhhhh, so many questions!!! Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! 447763

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I wonder if split has anything to do with Warrel's decision to resurrect Sanctuary? Is this gonna be the end of Nevermore? Is Warrel gonna become the Dave Mustaine of Nevermore and just rotate through musicians?

Ohhhhhhhh, so many questions!!! Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! 447763

I'm not a fan after Dreaming Neon..., but isn't Loomis just as important as Warrel? I think the band should just call it day. Or Warrel can just get Metal Church to reform and sing with them.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Loomis is definitely as important as Warrel in this band.

Warrel couldn't sing METAL CHURCH stuff these days as well as Ronny Munroe.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm a huge fan and yea, I'd say that losing 2 orignal members (and Jeff especially) is going to make a huge impact on the band. As much as I like Dane's solo record, it's still not a Nevermore release. I don't want the next Nevermore album to be a Dane solo project, if that makes any sense. Don't become Axl Rose.

What's the point of keeping the Nevermore ship afloat when you have both a solo career and a re-united Sanctuary?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Shocking ! Didn't see that coming. This is probably the end for them,unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:18 pm

KK leaves Priest... and Jeff leaves Nevermore... What's next? Jeff Hanneman leaving Slayer?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I wonder if split has anything to do with Warrel's decision to resurrect Sanctuary?

That's exactly the thought that came into my mind when I read this news.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:34 pm

GrandNational wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I wonder if split has anything to do with Warrel's decision to resurrect Sanctuary?

That's exactly the thought that came into my mind when I read this news.

Wasn't Loomis announced to be a part of the Sanctuary reunion? (apparently he was in the band a short period before they formed Nevermore)

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:48 pm

I was kinda/sorta of the opinion that Nevermore had ran it's course.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:55 pm

James B. wrote:
I was kinda/sorta of the opinion that Nevermore had ran it's course.

It sorta makes sense with all the "solo" projects of late.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:43 pm

I sorta saw that coming IMO the new music just didn't seem to be as good as their earlier material.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:46 pm

That sucks. But I hope it means more focus on Sanctuary
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I sorta saw that coming IMO the new music just didn't seem to be as good as their earlier material.

Wargod52

I can agree with this, the last one was good but no where near as good as Dreaming Neon Black or Dead Heart In A Dead World.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Im so bummed, I recently just bought Tickets for the Nevermores Australian tour, and two of my friends bought meet and greet passes, so they would be even more disappointed than I. This leaves me wondering if they cancelled the tour with symphony X, they will cancel this tour. Even if they dont cancel the tour, im disappointed big time Sad
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod52

I agree. I knew something was up when they dropped off the Symphony X tour.
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 pm

adrian wrote:
That sucks. But I hope it means more focus on Sanctuary
Me too actually
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:53 pm

I think the band will cease. Both Loomis' and Williams' styles were as integral to the sound of Nevermore as Warrel's voice. I agree that the Sanctuary resurrection probably had something to do with this.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Looking forward to their reunion album somewhere down the road! Smile
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Much more of a Sanctuary fan than Nevermore, but still very suprised. Oh well, bring on the new Sanctuary CD!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:24 am

Wow, came out of the blue, at least to me!

Sucks, because I didn't enjoy either Dane's or Loomis' solo releases at all. But Nevermore I do like. At least they were good during their prime, from Politics to Dead Heart.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:54 am

Ack, that's terrible news. If this isn't the death knell for the band, I don't know what is. I don't think I'd want to see a Nevermore without Loomis and Williams. The former is especially hugely important to the Nevermore sound.

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!   Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next