Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Williams Lifetime?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Tony Williams Lifetime? Empty
PostSubject: Tony Williams Lifetime?   Tony Williams Lifetime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:03 am

Any recommendations for this stellar fusion group?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Tony Williams Lifetime?   Tony Williams Lifetime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 am

'Emergency!',... and then also check out other parts of the family tree..'Empyrean Isles', Herbie Hancock's album he played on, 'In a Silent Way', by Miles Davis, which he played on (one highlight of a good 10 albums he drummed on for Miles), Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame (John McLaughlin's band, formed shortly after 'Emergency!' was recorded with John on guitar)..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Williams Lifetime?   Tony Williams Lifetime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:37 am

The family tree also extends to Tony's two albums for Blue Note in the late 60's. Life Time & Spring.

The organist was Larry Young who graduated from playing soul jazz groove, to modal Miles type excursions, to free jazz, to jazz rock...all that in about 5 years.

Also impressive is the first album by the "new" incarnation of Lifetime. The album is called Believe It and the guitarist is a Allan Holdsworth. One of my favorite fusion albums PERIOD.

Tony Williams Lifetime? J08435jvssa

Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Tony Williams Lifetime?   Tony Williams Lifetime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:20 pm

detuned wrote:
The family tree also extends to Tony's two albums for Blue Note in the late 60's. Life Time & Spring.

The organist was Larry Young who graduated from playing soul jazz groove, to modal Miles type excursions, to free jazz, to jazz rock...all that in about 5 years.

Also impressive is the first album by the "new" incarnation of Lifetime. The album is called Believe It and the guitarist is a Allan Holdsworth. One of my favorite fusion albums PERIOD.

Tony Williams Lifetime? J08435jvssa

Aha, this is the one. I heard that song Fred yesterday, and I was blown away.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Tony Williams Lifetime?   Tony Williams Lifetime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:21 pm

detuned, Allan Holdsworth plays on that one correct?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Tony Williams Lifetime?   Tony Williams Lifetime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:14 pm

Holdsworth shreds on Beleive It, yeeessss Tony Williams Lifetime? 11840 . He is also on Million Dollar Legs which is cool too, but has a vocal track or two on it.
Emergency I don't remember too much.
The One after Emergancy I do not remember at all except that Jack Bruce is on it.
Joy Of Flying has Ronnie Montrose on a track and if I remember correctly is pretty cool as well

Damn!!!! I have to start listening to my Fusion stuff again.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Williams Lifetime?   Tony Williams Lifetime? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tony Williams Lifetime?
Page 1 of 1