Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.

Go down 
+36
akeldama
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Thelemech
Lari
QuothTheRaven
corplhicks
Boris2008
Hadley
Sutekh
SpectreFate
jettafiend
Wurthless
krail
chewie
T-Roy
Mglaffas81
DevZor
Dark Horseman
mc666
bassman
jstate
Alex Dee Rokket
EvyMetal
Witchfinder
tohostudios
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
kmorg
exact33
James B.
MetalGuy71
Joe
manny
Fat Freddy
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:46 am

Following now!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:28 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Following now!

Cool man, thanx!

Posted a new rant about a weird but classic comic book yesterday...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Comic-Books-Ever-MARVEL-TEAM-UP-137

More Metal related fun to come soon!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Following now!

Cool man, thanx!

Posted a new rant about a weird but classic comic book yesterday...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Comic-Books-Ever-MARVEL-TEAM-UP-137

More Metal related fun to come soon!

You are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:03 pm

I didn't get a thanks Sad

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm officially onboard now, too! Let the madness begin!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 pm

James B. wrote:

But I replied to your comment on my Warrior Soul rant, doesn't that count? Very Happy

Watch for more geekiness in a couple of days. No time to scribble on the weekend Sad

Joe wrote:
I'm officially onboard now, too! Let the madness begin!

You all rule! As the Bartles & Jaymes guy used to say, "Thankyew for yer support." headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
James B. wrote:

But I replied to your comment on my Warrior Soul rant, doesn't that count? Very Happy

I thought I was undercover angry

Guess the username was obvious surprised and that certain band avatar silent

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:56 am

I brought my Warrior Soul disc into work this week after reading your review. 'Bout time I gave it a fresh spin.

Keep up the good work, Frodrick.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 am

Enjoyed reading your ramblings as you call it, currently reading the Stryper review, man you are a great writer!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 pm

manny wrote:
Enjoyed reading your ramblings as you call it, currently reading the Stryper review, man you are a great writer!

(Blushing) Thanx man.

Got a new one up... all the talk 'round here lately about RoboCop and Terminators inspired this look back...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Comics-That-Time-Forgot-ROBOCOP-VS-THE-TERMINATOR-2-in-a-series

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Got a new one up about my favorite Classic Christian Metal CDs... I look forward to the comments from the peanut gallery. Very Happy

http://hubpages.com/hub/Retro-Metal-Rant-2-Classic-Christian-Metal

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:18 am

On your newest postings on Christian metal I noticed you listed Trouble, never thought of them as a Christian metal band, even if some of the lyrics hinted at their Spirtual beliefs
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:21 am

manny wrote:
On your newest postings on Christian metal I noticed you listed Trouble, never thought of them as a Christian metal band, even if some of the lyrics hinted at their Spirtual beliefs

They weren't on my list, but I did throw my old vinyl copy of RUN TO THE LIGHT into the photo I used. The album cover just fit so well with the topic. Very Happy I guess whether or not they're considered a "Christian" or "White" metal band depends on what fan you talk to. I know Bruce Franklin (guitarist) is a Christian and their early albums (esp. THE SKULL and RUN TO THE LIGHT) have pretty up-front lyrics, but I'm told that the band never considered themselves a "Christian" band either.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 am

I checked out some of the clips and really enjoyed Deliverence and Bride songs, and will be checking them out further.

Saint was not too bad but these guys worship at the altar of Judas Priest and rather stick to the real deal but it was not bad, but the song sounded so much like it belonged as a bonus tune that should be tacked on one of those reissued, remastered Judas Priest albums it distracted me from enjoying the song on its own merit.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:36 am

Cool, man. Like I said in the Bride entry, they were/are major trend hoppers over the course of their career so their discography is kinda like walking thru a mine field. I suggest that you read Ult's Nolifetilmetal page on them to get the straight poop on which discs are worth investigating. I only have SNAKES IN THE PLAYGROUND and SCARECROW MESSIAH by them, and I dig'em both, but I can't comment on anything other than those two discs.

And yeah, Saint sorta kinda like Judas Priest just a little bit, I think. Very Happy They even covered "Invader" (from STAINED CLASS) on one of their later albums.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:16 am

Some good stuff there Freddy.I really dig the Die Happy stuff.
Concerning Bride,I like just about everything they've done to a degree.The even had a rap-metal album which wasnt too bad.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks, Thrasha!

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:00 am

Excellent Christian metal "rant" FF!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:04 am

Thanx K. Took me forever to figure out how to format that damn thing with all the YouTube windows. I hogged the home computer for quite a while doing that, which p*ssed my wife off cuz she had "crops" to harvest in Farmville. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thanx K. Took me forever to figure out how to format that damn thing with all the YouTube windows. I hogged the home computer for quite a while doing that, which p*ssed my wife off cuz she had "crops" to harvest in Farmville. Very Happy

Laughing very hard

Thankfully no one in my house plays that stupid game on FB!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Buy her an iPad. Cool

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:09 am

kmorg wrote:

Buy her an iPad. Cool

As soon as I win Lotto I'm buying a laptop for everybody in the family so we can all do our own things on the computer at the same time without running into "traffic jams" like that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:03 pm

New HubPages entry, in which I declare my utter fanboy love for the newest Accept album...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Accept-BLOOD-OF-THE-NATIONS-Nuclear-Blast-Records-2010

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:23 pm

In my latest HubPages entry I went for an "Onion" style expose about how the Grunge Revolution REALLY happened...

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-REAL-Story-Behind-The-Rise-of-Grunge-and-the-Fall-of-Metal

Hope you dig it...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
In my latest HubPages entry I went for an "Onion" style expose about how the Grunge Revolution REALLY happened...

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-REAL-Story-Behind-The-Rise-of-Grunge-and-the-Fall-of-Metal

Hope you dig it...

Funny stuff, dude. Probably not that far off from some real conversations. It's a shame you have to state at the beginning that it's a PARODY. Troublemagent would be probably will be linking to this as factual evidence of a real conspiracy.

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next