Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog Empty
PostSubject: Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog   Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Two great shows in Clarkston, MI! Pics should be coming soon of Def Leppard show.

http://metalexcess.com/2009/07/25/concert-review-def-leppard-poison-cheap-trick-72309/

http://metalexcess.com/2009/07/16/concert-review-judas-priest-whitesnake-pop-evil-71509/
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog   Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:08 am

Both of them sound like a great shows! Glad you had a good time.

I got tickets for the Def Leppard-Poison-Cheap Trick show on the 28th, and from your review, it doesn't sound like I'll be disappointed. 🤘
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog   Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:02 pm

I caught Pop Evil/Whitesnake/Priest in Cincinnati on July 21 at the Riverbend PNC Pavilion. I have the same reaction as you on almost all accounts. Pop Evil was decent but the word that kept running through my head was "poser." Especially the bass player: "Ooh, I'm metal! Look at me throw my long hair around, even though it doesn't quite fit the music to head-bang!" sick Drove me crazy! The singer's voice was good, but their music just didn't settle with me. Whitesnake was the pleasant surprise of the evening. I wasn't familiar with much more than their radio hits, but man were they great live. Coverdale's voice has lost nothing over the years. Hearing Priest play British Steel live was very cool. The band was spot on and Halford's voice is still strong. Grinder was the highlight of that set for me. Hearing the other classics was great too, I think they played nearly the same set that you heard. I agree with the drunk behind me though! It would have been awesome to hear PAINKILLER!
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog   Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:36 pm

I went with my wife to see the Cheap Trick/Poison/Def Leppard show when they came to town a couple of weeks ago.

Cheap Trick played extremely well but I felt bad for them because it seemed like half the crowd didn't click to who they were until they played The Flame about halfway through the set. Then they started getting better reactions. "Oh yeah, it's Those Guys. I remember liking Those Guys!" I haven't heard their latest album yet but I really liked the song they played from it. Very much in their classic style.

Poison seemed to win the night in terms of crowd response. People were going crazy all the way through their set. I'm not a fan but I will say that that Brett Michaels was easily the most dynamic frontman of the three bands that played.

Def Leppard did a good job although Joe Elliott's voice sounded strained to me. It was also impossible to understand his banter between songs, partially due to all the crowd noise and partially because he was mumbling a lot. I'm more into their early stuff so I was happiest when they were playing stuff off of Pyromania but it was a fun show overall.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog   Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:45 pm

Dang, Cheap Trick played "She's Tight?" That's my fave song of theirs ... would love to hear 'em do that one live 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog   Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Priest/Whitesnake & Def Leppard/Poison concert reviews @ my blog
Page 1 of 1