Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions

Go down 
+10
candlemass
firestarter
manny
kmorg
mc666
Ben Grimm
shamgar75
Smindas
stormspell
Eyesore
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:32 am

Khaos legion is a great album and a step up in song writing from the last album in my opinion. Not that the last one was bad but this one seemed to grab my attention a lot more.

I may get burned in the fires of hell for saying this but I'm growing a little tired of Angela's voice. To my ears it sounds a little flat and one dimensional. Arch enemy's music is superb and offers far more variety than a simple death metal grunt can do justice.

I would love to see vocals in a similar vein to the guy who sings for amorphis. That guy has an amazing voice with a superb death metal growl but mixes clean and growl vocals perfectly to convey the emotion that the songs provide.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:10 pm

kmorg wrote:
So what does everyone think about Khaos Legions? I find it to be Arch Enemy on autopilot, but that is way better then so many other Melodic Death metal bands gong emo....

I really like the album. It's Arch Enemy doing what Arch Enemy does best.

I didn't even discover Arch Enemy for myself until Anthems Of Rebellion. Until then, I wouldn't even give death metal a chance. The vocals were a complete turn off. But Arch Enemy opened the door for me. I'm still not a big death metal fan, but I've never been disappointed with Arch Enemy. The Amott brothers are awesome!

Like Martin Popoff wrote in his review of AOR, "AE have become a sort of anchor between the old bands and the new... the keeper of the riffs."
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 am

I want it but have been short on cash
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:31 pm

Like it better than the last but I haven't been in the mood for that music style lately. I might go see them in concert. I'm a fan but only when I'm in that mood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions   Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2