Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

who cares

Go down 
+17
James B.
DeathCult
exact33
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
shamgar75
GrandNational
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Wargod
chewie
thejokeriv
Ben Grimm
kmorg
manny
metalken
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:58 am

Has anyone picked up this album yet? Thoughts?

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:19 pm

I'm definitely planning on getting it, the US release date is next Tuesday (the mp3 is already available). It's essentially a compilation of rarities plus the two songs from the single. Some great tracks all collected in one place so I think fans would definitely benefit by picking this up.

CD1
01. WHOCARES "Out Of My Mind" (fi rst time on an album)
Featuring Jon Lord, Linde Lindström (HIM), Jason Newsted (METALLICA), Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN)
02. BLACK SABBATH "Zero The Hero"
03. Ian Gillan feat. Iommi, Ian Paice and Roger Glover "Trashed"
04. M. Rakintzis feat. Ian Gillan "Get Away" (fi rst release on a Gillan album, only released in Greece before)
05. Tony Iommi feat. Glenn Hughes "Slip Away" (first time on CD)
06. Gillan "Don’t Hold Me Back"
07. Ian Gillan "She Thinks It’s A Crime" (vinyl single B-side, first time on CD)
08. Repo Depo feat. Ian Gillan "Easy Come, Easy Go" (previously unreleased)
09. DEEP PURPLE feat. Ronnie James Dio "Smoke On The Water" (live with the Royal Philaarmonic Orchestra)

CD2

01. WHOCARES "Holy Water" (first time on an album)
Featuring Jon Lord, Linde Lindström (HIM), Jason Newsted (METALLICA), Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN)
02. BLACK SABBATH "Anno Mundi"
03. Tony Iommi feat. Glenn Hughes "Let it Down Easy" (first time on CD)
04. Ian Gillan "Hole in My Vest" (7" vinyl single B-side, first time on CD)
05. Gillan & Glover feat. Dr. John "Can’t Believe You Wanna Leave me"
06. Ian Gillan & The Javelins "Can I Get A Witness"
07. Garth Rockett & The Moonshiners aka IG "No Laughing in Heaven" (rare track)
08. Ian Gillan "When A Blind Man Cries" (Live at Absolute Radio, previously unreleased)
09. DEEP PURPLE "Dick Pimple"
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:35 pm

I actually got this about a month ago and it is fantastic definitely worth the price!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 pm

My bad. I thought it was out already. I guess Wargod got an import. Anyway, it looks pretty interesting. I like the single that was released. As long as it's not stupidly overpriced, I'd like to pick it up.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

i got the single and its great. I dont see the sense of the album unless its new tunes from the lineup.

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:30 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

i got the single and its great. I dont see the sense of the album unless its new tunes from the lineup.

All the proceeds go to charity so I think that's a valid reason for releasing the CD. All the other songs were either out on Japanese imports, download-only or never before issued, it's the only affordable way to collect them all in one place, so I think it's a great release.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:39 pm

[quote="S.D."]
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

All the proceeds go to charity so I think that's a valid reason for releasing the CD. All the other songs were either out on Japanese imports, download-only or never before issued, it's the only affordable way to collect them all in one place, so I think it's a great release. [/quote

I guess but I would have a full album of music from the lineup.

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm

They only recorded those two songs, it would have been nice to have more material but I'm happy with what they did.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

All the proceeds go to charity so I think that's a valid reason for releasing the CD.

One hundred percent of the proceeds will benefit rebuilding efforts for a music school in Armenia, which means a lot to me personally because that's where I was born and raised.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

S.D. wrote:
They only recorded those two songs, it would have been nice to have more material but I'm happy with what they did.

Same here. I thought about picking up the 2-song disc, but I'd be more inclined to listen to a full album or 2 of songs, even if it is a buncha b-sides or whatever. I'm not popping a 2 song cd in my car. It's would be over before I made it to I-95.

And since it's going towards a good cause, I might even have to forgo my usual $10 spending cap. Maybe. Wink

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:41 am

Out of My Mind is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:27 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Out of My Mind is AWESOME!

it really is. Both of the songs are fantastic.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:33 pm

I finally secured a CD copy of this. It's a fun listen if you are a Purple/Sabbath/Gillan/Iommi fan. It's not a 'solid' album in that it's all over the place style-wise. However, being a fan of the many styles, I enjoyed it. The live version of "Smoke on the Water" with Ronnie James Dio and Ian Gillan sharing vocals was awesome!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:47 am

I purchased both singles on iTunes! headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:21 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I purchased both singles on iTunes! headbanger

those songs just rock. Great stuff.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I finally secured a CD copy of this. It's a fun listen if you are a Purple/Sabbath/Gillan/Iommi fan. It's not a 'solid' album in that it's all over the place style-wise. However, being a fan of the many styles, I enjoyed it. The live version of "Smoke on the Water" with Ronnie James Dio and Ian Gillan sharing vocals was awesome!

I hear what you mean. There's some great tracks on here, but listening to both discs straight through without hitting the skip button is gonna be tough.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 26, 2017 10:05 pm

Bought this album years ago, and totally forgot I had it. Must have put it away when I first got it and just spaced. Listening to the whole thing now for the first time ever, and really like it. Really dug the Smoke on the Water song with Dio. And I never knew the song Trashed wasn't an original Black Sabbath song. Pretty cool, when she I would have remembered this thing years ago when I bought it lol

EDIT:never mind about the song Trashed, I figured when the liner notes said it first appeared on Gillans Inn, I assumed that was some solo album he did between DP and Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

who cares - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who cares   who cares - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who cares
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2