Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Poor - WHO CARES

Go down 
+3
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The Poor - WHO CARES Empty
PostSubject: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:13 pm

The Poor - WHO CARES Poor

I went digging thru my CD rack this morning trying to find something I haven't listened to in a while, and I dusted off this gem from 1994. What a cool, kick butt, no frills hard rock record. If memory serves, their drummer was Angus & Malcolm Young's nephew. (Which might explain how they got to open for AC/DC's BALL BREAKER tour when I saw'em in early 1996...) Anyone know whatever happened to this band? Did they ever release a follow up to WHO CARES or were they "one album and gone?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:19 pm

Just the one album as The Poor, as far as I know. They released two EPs—Rude, Crude & Tattooed and Underfed—as The Poor Boys, before Who Cares?. A single was released in the late 90s, but nothing else came of it. I don't have this single, nor can I remember the name of it. I'm always searching for it, though.

I recently upgraded Who Cares? to CD. It's really an essential album for 80s rock fans!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
Just the one album as The Poor, as far as I know. They released two EPs—Rude, Crude & Tattooed and Underfed—as The Poor Boys, before Who Cares?. A single was released in the late 90s, but nothing else came of it. I don't have this single, nor can I remember the name of it. I'm always searching for it, though.

I recently upgraded Who Cares? to CD. It's really an essential album for 80s rock fans!

You're not talking about these guys are you?

The Poor - WHO CARES D94134l4567
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You're not talking about these guys are you?

The Poor - WHO CARES D94134l4567
Nope. That band is the reason Who Cares? is under the name The Poor.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 2:27 pm

Gotcha. Good album too. The Poorboys, I mean. Never heard The Poor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 10:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gotcha. Good album too. The Poorboys, I mean. Never heard The Poor.
It is. I just upgraded to the CD like two months ago. You should check out Who Cares?. It's really solid. Check it out, I found a MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/musicforallfans

You may recognize the song "More Wine Waiter Please." That was a pretty big hit for them in the US.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 2:22 am

Great band and album. Airbourne usually have more wine waiter please as the last song on the PA before they hit the stage, and in fact many old rock n' rollers who I talk to liken Airbourne as the second coming of the Poor down here in Oz. Anyway their singer Skenie has a new band called LUMP, pretty solid stuff like a heavier more modern day Alice In Chains with all those dirges and 'light in the black' style harmonies.

www.myspace.com/lumplickit
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:54 am

Sheeesh I thought I was the only one who knew of them! Good to see other fans of this Oz band. And yes "More Wine, Waiter Please" was thier only radio hit it's why I got the cd.

The cd is actually quite hard to find!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:15 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Sheeesh I thought I was the only one who knew of them! Good to see other fans of this Oz band. And yes "More Wine, Waiter Please" was thier only radio hit it's why I got the cd.

Wargod48
It's was pretty much an insta-ship for me through lala. As soon as I added it to my want list, it was on its way a few days later.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:51 am

Wargod48 wrote:

I actually got lucky and found the CD for two bucks at a record/CD show in the late 90s.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:36 am

Bumpin' an oldie here... seems the Poor have a new album in the works. Got this off their Facebook page. Seems they have a few old "new" songs in the can from a second album that never materialized back in the 90s, plus they're working on some "new" new stuff.

WORKING ON NEW ALBUM
Hello All The band is currently working on a new album that will feature songs that have been recorded and haven't yet seen the light of day along with fresh new tracks. Everyone is very excited and looking forward to future shows with a new album under the belt..

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:50 am

Another $5 down the drain.

I never heard of this band but I looked them up on Amazon and listened to the samples there. The user review there described them a drunken, loudmouthed AC/DC. In other words, right up my alley. Picked up a used copy of Who Cares? for $1.91 plus shipping.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:07 am

I think you'll find that it's $5 well spent, Toho!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Bumpin' an oldie here... seems the Poor have a new album in the works. Got this off their Facebook page. Seems they have a few old "new" songs in the can from a second album that never materialized back in the 90s, plus they're working on some "new" new stuff.

WORKING ON NEW ALBUM
Hello All The band is currently working on a new album that will feature songs that have been recorded and haven't yet seen the light of day along with fresh new tracks. Everyone is very excited and looking forward to future shows with a new album under the belt..

I checked out this band through your joining their group on facebook.com. I really like these guys. I haven't been able to pick anything up by them, but I'm sure it won't be expensive. If they're working on some new stuff, that could end very badly.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Who Cares? came today and I'm diggin' it a lot!

Thanks for the recommend FF!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Thanks for the recommend FF!!

You is most welcome, sir. Glad you're enjoyin' it. 🤘

Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:12 pm

I heard song samples by these guys and liked what I heard! 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 am

I'm usually pretty dismissive when it comes to bands that have that AC/DC-vibe. If they sound like AC/DC, why wouldn't I just listen to AC/DC? But I have to admit this is a darn fine album. Catchy, no-frills rock n' roll.

I lucked out and got this for a penny (+ shipping) on ebay, brand new, still sealed. I bumped their other thread about talk of a new album from these guys, but I don't see anything listed on Amazon aside from the Who Cares? album.

PostSubject: Re: The Poor - WHO CARES   The Poor - WHO CARES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Poor - WHO CARES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: