Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard Live Album on the Way

Go down 
+11
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Wargod
mr.electric39
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 am

The new tracks don't sound terrible, but they hardly fill me with excitement either. Not bad, but not special. 'It's All About Believin'' sounds a bit Hysteria-esque in its guitar lines though, which is good by me.

I'll be honest, I have no real desire to listen to Mirrorball. They're not a terrible live band or anything, but I enjoy their studio sound so much more. Still, very much looking forward to seeing them again on Friday, provided they play less ballads than last time (unlikely, I know).

Ah well, at least if they suck, at least The Darkness are supporting them. I've been wanting to see them since I was 14.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:26 pm

I picked this up today and I was actually really enjoying it up until the last song on disc 1 the cover of "Rock On" oooooooh do I hate that song. Then I went to disc 2, I'm not a huge fan of "2 steps behind" but its an ok song and I can deal with it. The song I was waiting to hear the whole time "Bringing On The Heartbreak" my favorite DL track of all time, came on and it started off being acoustic and I thought ok interesting intro I can deal with that. Then they continued to do the song acoustic up until the solos! I was really annoyed at that because I have never seen DL live or even heard this song live and I was enjoying this live album a lot up until then. When they kicked it in electric it sounded awesome why couldn't they have just done that all the way?

Anyone know if thats something that do all the time now and when the hell did they start doing that?!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I picked this up today and I was actually really enjoying it up until the last song on disc 1 the cover of "Rock On" oooooooh do I hate that song. Then I went to disc 2, I'm not a huge fan of "2 steps behind" but its an ok song and I can deal with it. The song I was waiting to hear the whole time "Bringing On The Heartbreak" my favorite DL track of all time, came on and it started off being acoustic and I thought ok interesting intro I can deal with that. Then they continued to do the song acoustic up until the solos! I was really annoyed at that because I have never seen DL live or even heard this song live and I was enjoying this live album a lot up until then. When they kicked it in electric it sounded awesome why couldn't they have just done that all the way?

Anyone know if thats something that do all the time now and when the hell did they start doing that?!

They've been playing live that way for a while
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:48 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

They've been playing live that way for a while

Easier for Joe to sing the choruses that way...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:51 pm

he didnt even sing the chorus the audience did lol Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 576953

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:23 am

I'm watching the replay of Friday Night Fights right now, and they're apparently using "Undefeated" as part of their broadcast now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Live Album on the Way   Def Leppard Live Album on the Way - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard Live Album on the Way
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2