Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you like your thrash?

Go down 
+29
EvyMetal
Cognitive Dissonance
tohostudios
exact33
CRIMSONMASK
Bouke777
shamgar75
Joe
Leatherface
Troublezone
stepcousin
Smindas
bassman
James B.
adrian
SlaytanicPOWER
Wargod
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Lurideath
manny
biddle
mc666
firestarter
Temple of Blood
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

"How do you like your thrash in the morning?"
"I like mine with a kiss!"

That is all that is going through my head reading the topic title.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:57 pm

I tend to gravitate towards technical thrash and vocalists that have some bit of talent and you can understand the vocals somewhat. I dont like thrash bands with the same old lyrics about satan, christian-bashing, and kick-in-you-face-and-rape-and-murder-your-wife stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:31 pm

I like thrash bands that are versatile. Testament is the perfect example of that. They can play fast and heavy or play a melodic ballad...

I also like primitive, brutal thrash (Old Sepultura) or forward thinking progressive stuff (Coroner, Believer)... it just depends on what mood i'm in.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:36 pm

And i definately like Crossover thrash like The Crucified, Sacred Reich and Suicidal Tendencies.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:31 am

I just like thrash in general. Although, I do tend to like the darker stuff more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:57 pm

I like my thrash like I like my women. Heavy and black.

Actually, I'm not that picky.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:36 pm

bassman wrote:
I am all over the place on this. I like technical stuff like Coroner and Believer, I like fast stuff like Exodus and Deliverance, I like more brutal stuff like Vengeance Rising and Kreator, and I like crossover stuff like The Crucified. I like some of the newer bands, too. Bonded by Blood, Warbringer, and Municipal Waste come to mind. So I guess I like most kinds of thrash, as long as they can halfway stay together and get to the end of the song without spectacularly self-destructing.

+1
Back to top Go down
Bouke777
Metal novice
Metal novice
Bouke777

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:43 am

temple of blood,deliverance,viking,the crucified,sacrament,detritus,martyr,betrayal and tourniquet mixed in a blender is my choice of thrash Very Happy

i'm mostly jamming on my guitar and playing riffs i made.. one day i hope i will be in the studio and create a lot of thrash metal.. with blast beats and fast guitars and the singing like viking / dark angel has... viking (ron) dark angel (ron) i guess it's in the name Very Happy
i think for me it will be like that Smile

blessings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BOUKEBANDSTRA?feature=mhum
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:00 am

I've always had one simple rule for music:

If it makes me feel like breaking something, then its a good 'un
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:30 am

Shaken,not stirred.

Actually,all thrash is good in my book but I tend to enjoy the cleaner,high pitched vocals more.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:37 pm

I like my thrash fast and loud.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:50 pm

I don't.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I don't.

not even with green eggs and ham?

Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:57 pm

Vektor are underated, not overated. Black Future is a masterpiece. One of the greatest metal albums of all time thrash or otherwise. It has amazing production, crazy vocals mixed with an original Sci-Fi/Hawkwind vibe that makes it truly unique.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:57 pm

Excel, Cryptic Slaughter, Evil Dead, Testament, Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, Spazztic Blurr, poop like that
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:16 pm

I like all form of thrash but I prefer cleaner more melodic vocals. I also prefer melody in the music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:09 am

Tricky question. I tend to like bands that have their own identity. Megadeth, Slayer, '80s Metallica, Metal Church, Overkill, Voivod, Anthrax, Exodus, Kreator, Holy Moses, Sodom, Destruction, etc etc, they all play some form of thrash, but they're all pretty different bands to me. Nowadays there's an influx of bands that just emulate a generic Bay Area thrash sound, or they sound like third rate Slayer or Venom clones. It might be fun for a nostalgic spin or two, but in the end I'll toss it aside and go listen to Rust in Peace or Reign in Blood yet again for the umpteenth time and forget about it.

I know it's impossible to be 100% original, but a little personality goes a long way. And I think there are still a few interesting ideas that could be expanded upon or incorporated into thrash in a modern setting. Too many bands seem content to just emulate the most basic ideas and attributes of their heroes again and again. Isn't that kind of what sunk thrash the first go-round?

I'm not a big fan of bands with a lot of goofy / joke songs. A joke is only funny so many times before it gets old. With that said, let's not go overboard into macho-tard posturing, either, which is even worse. It's a mix of pessimism, anger, an attitude that things could and should be better, and the will to overcome.

Songs about society and politics are fine, as long as I don't feel like someone's trying to shove an agenda down my throat. A song shouldn't have to bash you over the head with a sledgehammer to make a point.

I like a lot of the old thrash bands that wrote songs about the occult and such, but for some reason I find it painfully cheesy and cringe-worthy when newer bands today try to do the "SATAAAAANNNNN!!!" thing. Go figure. I guess what's cool and dangerous when you're a kid is just kind of corny when you're a little older and you don't have nostalgia to cloud your vision.

Don't really care about technical ability necessarily. I value memorable songs. Vocals - whatever sounds good and matches the music underneath. These days I tend to gravitate towards the more brutal thrash bands, but I'm always a sucker for a catchy tune. A good underlying sense of melody is always a big plus. Fast is always very good, but nothing wrong with a good groove once in a while. Above all, keep the riffs interesting and keep 'em coming, and don't be afraid to bend the rules once in a while.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:24 am

If it's thrash, I'll like it. Any and all.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:11 am

Different kinds of thrash like: Metallica, Megadeth, Voivod, Exodus, Testament, DRI, Watchtower, Anthrax and new guys like Vektor(Black Future is a good album)!

I like whatever catches my ear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your thrash?   How do you like your thrash? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you like your thrash?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2