Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?

Go down 
+12
325ad
MoonChild
bassman
JBall_Z
ultmetal
exact33
Gilbert
Thrasher73
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Stender
Velvet Creation
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
Keldian!!!

http://www.myspace.com/keldian

Damn! This is great! How come these guys are not famous yet? THANKS!
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ult's entire metal collection...

Laughing

Thanks, I have a feeling that will keep me busy for a few months!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:09 pm

In a more traditional metal vein:

Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Try some Communic.

whoa.. never heard of them. That's a killer track.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Planchaaaa wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Try some Communic.

whoa.. never heard of them. That's a killer track.

Olafsto is a major, MAJOR fan.
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:14 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Theocracy - Mirror Of Souls is an OUTSTANDING power metal album.
Falconer - Grime vs. Grandeur is also recommended.

Theocracy is really good! I'm impressed! Thanks.

I know Falconer. Great musicianship but gets boring fast imo. Worth a spin once in a while though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:17 pm

I've pretty much disowned power metal these days but that Theocracy album is outstanding.

Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Lurideath wrote:
You can never stop listening to death or black metal!

Maybe not, but my interest in those genres has fallen immensely, that's for sure. I have a quite nice collection that I will end up putting on eBay sooner or later, simply because most of the CDs haven't been touched in a looong time. I keep coming back to the same bands when I feel like listening to something heavier and usually these bands are more melodic than the traditional Black/Death bands...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Velvet Creation wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Maybe not, but my interest in those genres has fallen immensely, that's for sure. I have a quite nice collection that I will end up putting on eBay sooner or later, simply because most of the CDs haven't been touched in a looong time. I keep coming back to the same bands when I feel like listening to something heavier and usually these bands are more melodic than the traditional Black/Death bands...

I wouldn't sell them just yet. If you're like most of us, we go through "phases". I have a ton of power and symphonic metal that I currently never listen to. Right now I'm all about glam/sleaze. But I'm pretty sure that eventually those old power metal and symphonic metal albums will scratch the musical itch again.

This thread alone has made me think of some bands I hadn't given the time of day in recent years. So I'd hang on to that death stuff if I was you.
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Velvet Creation wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I wouldn't sell them just yet. If you're like most of us, we go through "phases". I have a ton of power and symphonic metal that I currently never listen to. Right now I'm all about glam/sleaze. But I'm pretty sure that eventually those old power metal and symphonic metal albums will scratch the musical itch again.

This thread alone has made me think of some bands I hadn't given the time of day in recent years. So I'd hang on to that death stuff if I was you.

This might sound a bit stupid, but for me, hunting down (rare) CDs is one the most exciting roles of collecting. I've sold my collection a few times before and I never regreted it. So if that happens (which I doubt) I'm sure it will be fun hunting those babies down again. =) Besides, I will not sell everything. I will still keep the ones I like the most.

That Pink Cream 69 song is really cool. Which album is it from?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Velvet Creation wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Velvet Creation wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

This might sound a bit stupid, but for me, hunting down (rare) CDs is one the most exciting roles of collecting. I've sold my collection a few times before and I never regreted it. So if that happens (which I doubt) I'm sure it will be fun hunting those babies down again. =) Besides, I will not sell everything. I will still keep the ones I like the most.

That Pink Cream 69 song is really cool. Which album is it from?

That's from "Electrified". The band took a slightly more prog and less metal direction when David Readman took over vocals from Andi Deris. But my favorite PC69 song is still from the Deris era:

As you probably know, Deris went on to front Helloween.
Back to top Go down
CountKarnstein
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Metal in the last 10-15 years

Metallica stopped playing thrash, but now they play thrash again.

Slayer went nu-metal/metalcore-ish but now they play thrash again.

Judas Priest got back together but now they're breaking up again.

Iron Maiden improved a lot with Brave New World and Dance of Death but their last album was just as mediocre as their 90s stuff.

The Dio-era Sabbath line-up reunited under the name Heaven & Hell but Dio passed away.

Ozzy quit music but he's back doing music again.

Megadeth started doing weird mainstream-ish industrial/alternative but now they play thrash again.

You've missed absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.KarnsteinRecords.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?   What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have I missed in the last... uhhh... 10 years or so?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2