Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here is something I have missed for 20 years

Go down 
+5
DeathCult
stormspell
MetalGuy71
Shiney
krokus
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Here is something I have missed for 20 years Empty
PostSubject: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:37 pm

I was packaging Death Angel's The Ultra Violence for a customer this morning, when I noticed it said "Produced by Death Angel and Davy Vain". Davy Vain? Are you kidding me? That seems as polar opposite as anything I have ever seen. And it took 20 years to even realize it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:40 pm

That is a tad odd. I never read that either.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 pm

VAIN were from SAN FRANCISCO and the members listen a lot to thrash metal back in the mid 80s thats why they didnt feel right hanging around bands like POISON or later PRETTY BOY FLOYD in L.A because they were different and they had more a down to earth attitude like most of the thrash metal bands from SF.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:17 pm

He coproduced "Frolic" as well....

Can't believe you never caught that....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Shiney wrote:
He coproduced "Frolic" as well....

Can't believe you never caught that....

I've noticed that as well, but I guess I never put 2 and 2 together. Or maybe I thought it was some other Davy Vain. If another Bruce Dickenson could produce Blue Oyster Cult, surely another Davy Vain could produce thrash metal.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:20 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I was packaging Death Angel's The Ultra Violence for a customer this morning, when I noticed it said "Produced by Death Angel and Davy Vain". Davy Vain? Are you kidding me? That seems as polar opposite as anything I have ever seen. And it took 20 years to even realize it!

Its funny, then again DETENTE - "Recognize no Authority" was produced by Dana Strum from Slaughter so its not so uncommon glam dudes producing thrash albums Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Yep, pretty odd, I had actually forgotten about that. Then again, EVH played with MJ.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:23 pm

I know there is SOME crossover, especially within a city. But that stretches the imagination a little. Not rippin', cuz I am a fan of both. Just seemed odd.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:12 pm

I saw Vain before they were signed at the Omni in Oakland. Very raw... More along the lines of GNR, L.A. Guns and Faster Pu$$ycat... at least at that time. They were THEE band in the SF Bay area, in that style and scene...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:17 am

stormspell wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Its funny, then again DETENTE - "Recognize no Authority" was produced by Dana Strum from Slaughter so its not so uncommon glam dudes producing thrash albums Laughing
that's what i immediately thought of. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:19 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

sir, you're also missing that is SLAUTER XSTROYES! ya know, those who first were called NAJ. they used to humiliate trouble a couple of times when they played together. trouble were on the stage but still the crowd was shouting: krank!krank!krank! but they didn't have a hippie neither too much lsd i guess.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:37 am

Did my brain just explode?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:44 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

I think it was mine lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:56 am

syrus wrote:

sir, you're also missing that is SLAUTER XSTROYES! ya know, those who first were called NAJ. they used to humiliate trouble a couple of times when they played together. trouble were on the stage but still the crowd was shouting: krank!krank!krank! but they didn't have a hippie neither too much lsd i guess.....

Yea... um... what??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:04 pm

syrus wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:04 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

obviously. you made some mistake in your ebay auctions...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:13 pm

syrus wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

obviously. you made some mistake in your ebay auctions...

Well, that clears things up. insane
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:39 pm

What the clap?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
What the clap?

no the marshole
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:47 pm

No I kinda understand. I put Slauter Xstroys in with my Death metal listings. I did not change the Listing from Death/Black to just "Metal", which SX definately are. Other than that, I have crossed over into a parallel universe. But we love ya anyways, Syrus!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is something I have missed for 20 years   Here is something I have missed for 20 years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here is something I have missed for 20 years
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: