Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...

Go down 
+10
BearOnUnicycle
Eyesore
Cognitive Dissonance
Lari
adrian
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
DeathCult
Alex Dee Rokket
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Empty
PostSubject: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:41 pm

I think I speak for all the thrashers out there but it is goddamn time we see a re-issue of Coroner's albums! That is on the top of my list.

Metal Mind has re-issued so many more obscure / lesser known bands (some of which were also on Noise in the past) so why not give Coroner's catalog the same treatment?

I would also like to see a re-issue of Riot's 90s albums which are impossible to find (at least new and original).
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I think I speak for all the thrashers out there but it is goddamn time we see a re-issue of Coroner's albums! That is on the top of my list.

Metal Mind has re-issued so many more obscure / lesser known bands (some of which were also on Noise in the past) so why not give Coroner's catalog the same treatment?

I would also like to see a re-issue of Riot's 90s albums which are impossible to find (at least new and original).

According to the Coroner camp, now that they're reformed, they're working on remastering and rereleaseing all their albums actually. That IS a great choice for metal mind though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:50 pm

You don't know the pain I have in my heart for parting ways with my Coroner albums for a really dumb cause ... I was younger and obviously blinded by false desires ...

Thankfully I retained Coroner's Punishment for Decadence ...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:18 pm

I agree about Coroner. I also would like to see all the Suicidal albums with Rocky George and all Testament albums remastered.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm not sure whether any of the Metal Mind Production re-issues are also remastered. At least I have not come across anything specific and I do not own original pressings of the re-issued albums to tell the difference. They do sound great though and I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with the gold CD pressing or the remastering (if any).

I believe however that Artillery's older albums were remastered. I have both the Axe Killer and the Metal Mind Production versions of Terror Squad and I can definitely tell the difference with the latter version being clearer, crispier, heavier, tighter sounding. The Axe Killer version, which I understand is also a remastered version, sounds muddier with the drums and leads sounding somewhat muffled.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Metal Mind's reissue of the first Crimson Glory album is one of my faves. When I found out they'd re-instated "Dream Dancer" as an album track I practically did cartwheels.

As for any wish list of stuff they could resurrect...just off the top of my head, Nuclear Assault's SURVIVE is dyin' for a proper reissue...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Are they even planning on doing any more re-releases at all?
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:06 am

I see you mentioned Noise Records, so one I'd like to see reissued is Exciter - Kill After Kill
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:56 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Are they even planning on doing any more re-releases at all?

What makes you think they will no longer be re-releasing any more albums?

As far as I can tell they are constantly re-releasing albums , with the most recent I know of being the first 5 Primal Fear albums.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 3:23 am

A few other overlooked classics by the mighty Accept in dire need of a proper re-issue

Objection Overruled

and

Death Row

Both of those albums are now long out of print - and unlikely that well known by most except perhaps the most die-hard of Accept fans. Both albums are chock full of quality material and represent Accept at their highest mark with Udo behind the mic. Some might disagree but both of these albums are heavy and tight as hell - at times even going into a euro-speed / thrashy direction. Well worth owning along side the rest of Accept's albums.

I just don't get it - with Accept returning with such a great come-back album and a fresh new line-up why hasn't anyone bothered with re-issuing these albums?

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:36 am

I'd like the early Skyclad albums. And maybe Marshall Law.
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:01 am

Thrust,Violent Playground,Dr.Know,Living Death,Oz,Pariah,Mezzrow
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 am

I would like Metal Mind to not screw up their reissues. I think everyone one I own either has the tracklisting messed or it skips. They're cheap.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Speaking of Crimson Glory, they might reissue Parish - Envision someday? And yes, the quality of their reissues is not very high usually.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28459

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Assorted Heap - The Experience of Horror
Assorted Heap - Mindwaves

Those two need to be reissued desperately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metal Mind's reissue of the first Crimson Glory album is one of my faves. When I found out they'd re-instated "Dream Dancer" as an album track I practically did cartwheels.

As for any wish list of stuff they could resurrect...just off the top of my head, Nuclear Assault's SURVIVE is dyin' for a proper reissue...

I totally agree with the Crimson Glory. Although there is some debate as to whether they have the rights to do them, they do sound good.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 am

Both D.A.M. and Poltergeist albums could use a Metal Mind release.

I'd also like to see Wardance's Heaven Is For Sale.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:09 am

Quote :
I totally agree with the Crimson Glory. Although there is some debate as to whether they have the rights to do them, they do sound good.

The only one "debating" them is Jon Drenning Very Happy

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Roadrunner apparently still owns the rights to those C.G. records, so they can license'em out to whoever the hell they want.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Roadrunner apparently still owns the rights to those C.G. records, so they can license'em out to whoever the hell they want.

i was coming from the angle that they say they never got paid...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:30 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

i was coming from the angle that they say they never got paid...

Yeah, I know. But Jon Drenning makes it sound like he's the only one who's ever been effed over by a record company...I'm tired of that dude's whining. Seriously, he should just suck it up and put out new material already or shut up.

Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 am

The riot albums mostly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...   Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Mind - what re-issues would you like to see...
Page 1 of 1