Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comp Swap IX - The Reviews

Go down 
+8
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
exact33
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
bassman
kmorg
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Olafsto wrote:
What the fukk is wrong??
I have spent the last hour writing a review and when i push send i get some message saying the server is too busy to post or something!!! When i refresh the page it`s all gone....

That is why I always write these reviews in Word first,and then just copy and paste. Live and learn.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
What the fukk is wrong??
I have spent the last hour writing a review and when i push send i get some message saying the server is too busy to post or something!!! When i refresh the page it`s all gone....

That is why I always write these reviews in Word first,and then just copy and paste. Live and learn.

Rub it in huh angry . just kidding
I`ll be back with a new try tomorrow gotta go to work now...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:34 pm

Olafsto wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
What the fukk is wrong??

Rub it in huh angry . just kidding
I`ll be back with a new try tomorrow gotta go to work now...

I do the same thing K. HAHA!

Nevermind about the songs I found the list!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Thats wierd... BTW you might have to send me the list of bands and songs for disc 3 and 4. My gf was cleaning and I think she threw it away or something because I can't find it.

he just doesnt want to type out the bands!!!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm

exact33 wrote:
Thats wierd... BTW you might have to send me the list of bands and songs for disc 3 and 4. My gf was cleaning and I think she threw it away or something because I can't find it.

lol! you got me

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:21 pm

exact33 wrote:

lol! you got me

and blaming his girlfriend!! Thats like giving the teacher the dog ate my homework excuse!!!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm just going to ignore the post above me and continue on with my review of Olafs discs :p This is Disc 3!

1.Communic- Frozen Asleep In The Park
So this is the band that caused the forum all those virus problems a few weeks ago, huh? HAHA! They sound a lot like Nevermore especially with the vocals. I really like that a lot. The music is really good as well, but theres one thing that I notice and thats the song is pretty long and the music is pretty much the same all the way through. Thats not going to steer me away from checking out more of this band but I think the song could have been shorter, otherwise its awesome.

2.Griffin- Utopia
Is this a band from the show Family Guy? haha wierd name, but the song is pretty good. I Might check out more the song was pretty good.I liked the Chorus.

3.Guardians Of Time- Gladiator
Decent song. Typical power metal, which I listen to a lot of. Not sure I would check out more but they aren't bad. Just so many bands sound like this.

4.Highland Glory- A Warriors Path
Again same as the song above. Its ok but I don't like it enough to get into the band.

5. Lumsk- Hostnatt
I try so hard to listen to music no matter what language its in but I really can't get into it if its not in english. Music is pretty good and the female vocalist is nice but I can't get past the language barrier haha. Are all their songs not in english?

6.Manitou- Coven (autumn arrives)
Not crazy about this one either. The music is good, not crazy about the vocals.

7.Pagans Mind- Painted Skies
Ah! A band I actually know and like HAHA! Own all their stuff great band!

8.Artch- When Angels Cry
I've heard of this band but not the music. This one is pretty good. I will have to check out more. Good stuff!

9.Scariot- Anti Human
This comp is starting to pick up a little. I like this one also. Another band that reminds me a little of Nevermore/Forbidden. Awesome!

10.TNT- Knights Of The Thunder
Heard of these guys but not the music. They kind of sound exactly like I thought they would. Sort of Old Queensryche-ish/judas priest. Not bad but I don't think I would like a lot of their songs if it all sounds like this.

11.Tommermenn- Oss To
Another band that doesn't sing in english? haha Doesn't matter though because this one really didn't do much for me.

12.Trashcan Darlings- Barbed Wire Boogie
13.Trashcan Darlings- European Suicide Bomber
I don't mind some punk bands but they all sound the same to me. These guys aren't bad but I don't think I would listen to them much more than these songs.

13.Communic- Silence Surrounds
Back to these guys again huh? You couldn't resist could you? haha. I like this song better than the first one, but again the problem I have is the song is pretty long and its very samey sounding throughout. Are all their songs like that? I'm still going to check into them though cause I guess I'll just have to get past the repetative ness cause I like the music.

This is the last of the Metal discs. 1 more to go! This one wasn't too bad. I liked more bands from the first 2 though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 pm

A great plug for Norwegian metal, Olaf! But where is Witchhammer or Equinox? Cool

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 am

PRONG - AVOID PROMISES
One of those bands i have always been aware of but never checked out, a lot less agressive than i expected. Not bad but not something that makes me fall of my chair in excitement either...

TAROT - WINGS OF DARKNESS
I have one Tarot album balled Black crowes or something. That album is rather boring if i remember correctly. But this sounds much better, straight forward cool heavy metal song. I guess this is from their early days?

TANKARD - RULES FOR FOOLS
I love Tankard, great music and funny as hell!
This song is new to me so i guess it`s from their last album.. Great riff and a catchy song!

HIRAX - BROKEN NECK
Hirax rules!!
We both put Hirax songs on our comps. Katons style of singing fits the music perfectly, wild and aggressive. Great stuff!!

RAGE - REFUGE
Rage can be hit or miss with me. This is a great song from one of their best albums imo. Speed and melody perfecly combined.

SENTENCED - BLOOD AND TEARS
This band is not bad, but gothic metal bores me these days.

STEEL TRAIN - BULLET
Hey this is a nice pop/rock tune, very catchy and actually makes a grumpy old norwegian smile and sing along. Never heard of the band but this is good stuff and something i will look into.

SHINY TOY GUNS - MONEY FOR THAT/CHEMISTRY OF A CAR CRASH
More unknown territory, two songs by this band. Not sure what style this is pop/rock sort of i guess? Dont like this just as much as Steel Train but this is also a band i may wanna hear more from.

ENTWINE - FATAL DESIGN
Hmm. Just can`t get into the gothic stuff right now.

THRESHOLD - SLIPSTREAM
This is more like it! Killer song from the only album i own by them. I`m on the look for more albums by this band. Are all their albums worth getting? Love the vocals.

PARADISE LOST - TRUE BELIEF
Ah this band is like the soundtrack of a deep depression. No thanks..

ALLEN LANDE - JUDGEMENT DAY
I have their first album, and though they are both great singers i find it lacking in the song writing. This song is better than anything from their first imo so i may have to give it a chance.

HOLLOW - SHADOW GOD
WOW this is unknown to me but a great song. I like everything about it, a pleasant surprise, goes straight to the want list!

GRAVE DIGGER - FUNERAL FOR A FALLEN ANGEL
Gotta love Grave digger, never brilliant but never bad. Honest heavy metal delivered by guys who never stop making the music they love.

GRIP iNC - HOSTAGE TO HEAVEN
This cd is really stepping it up now, one more under the radar band for me. A totally killer song, love the style, the playing and the vocals fits perfectly. Brilliant!!

MICHALE GRAVES - FOUNTAINS OF HEROIN
I guess it couldn`t last Smile
A boring song with a singer who sounds like a third rate Michael Stipe after injecting a fountain of heroin....

DEATHSTARS - THE REVOLUTION EXODUS
All is forgiven Wayne! This song is a real monster, insanely catchy and driving! This will be mine.

SILENT FORCE - HEAR ME CALLING
Never gotten around to get something from this band, i love their vocalist and have his solo album. I was expecting a more euro power metal sound. But this is more like melodic metal sounding to me, i love both styles so i`m good either way. Like this one a lot!

CHEAP TRICK - WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE OUT
Always planned to get some Cheap Trick, only have a song here and there on various comps. Like this song and i should really get maybe a best of from them.

Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:13 am

kmorg wrote:
A great plug for Norwegian metal, Olaf! But where is Witchhammer or Equinox? Cool

lol!
I know i know they should both be there!
Next round they will be for sure.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Wow Olaf I was surprised you didn't know some of those bands or have their cds.

Yes the Tarot song is one of the earlier ones. They were more upbeat back then.

Steel Train is a really great band. I happened to catch them on Conan Obrien when he was starting up his new show. They had a special internet show and they had the band come on but they only played one note (as a joke) and then the band left. They played a piece of the song and I really liked it so of course I bought the cd. I ended up really liking their music and bought all their stuff. They are kind of a local band not far from where I live.

I think first Allen/Lande album was great. I feel the 2nd and 3rd one kind of aren't as good but they all seem like they are from the same album anyway so I tend to like it all.

Michale Graves is the singer who replaced Glen Danzig in Misfits. I think he sounds better in the Misfits but a friend of mine loves his solo stuff. I didn't really care for it at first but then it grew on me. He's just something you have to get used to.

I felt the same way about Cheap Trick. Always liked them just never had anything until one day at a used store I just started picking up what I could get and also used Swapacd a few times.

Glad you liked that first disc. I still have to go through disc 4 of yours I haven't had a chance to get through it yet.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:45 pm

How's that Deathstars disc in general?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 pm

I think its pretty good but its also kind of samey all the way through. One thing that does get a little annoying is that the singer always drags the last word out of every line he says. Its hard to describe writing it down but if you hear it you'll notice it after a while.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:40 pm

some great bands on that list! Grave Digger, Silent Force, threshold!!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:59 pm

What happen Olafsto did the rest of my disc's bore you? lol! Is everyone else done reviewing their cds?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Is everyone else done reviewing their cds?

I totally forgot to review Exact's comps. I will see about doing it Friday. If not, definatly Sunday.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:31 am

What happen Olafsto did the rest of my disc's bore you? lol! Is everyone else done reviewing their cds?

I feel bad for being such a slacker, but i have been buried in work and studying lately. All i can say is that i will review all of them as soon as i can. And no they didn`t bore me, some of it maybe but over all i enjoy them all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:46 am

DallasBlack wrote:

I totally forgot to review Exact's comps. I will see about doing it Friday. If not, definatly Sunday.

I still owe some more reviews too.... been slacking or busy.....
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:40 am

thejokeriv wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Or in my case, both. Working my butt off at work and being lazy at home. I'm also in a slight depression and have been emersing myself in TV and collecting pictures off the internet. Coupled with no headphones allowed at work is why you'all don't see me around here much these days.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Or in my case, both. Working my butt off at work and being lazy at home. I'm also in a slight depression and have been emersing myself in TV and collecting pictures off the internet. Coupled with no headphones allowed at work is why you'all don't see me around here much these days.

hmmmmm and what kind of pictures are we talking about? lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:09 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

You're a brave man for asking.... Laughing very hard

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:53 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Cartoons and Zooey Deschanel.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Cartoons and Zooey Deschanel.

Now if you could just find cartoons featuring Zooey Deschanel you'd be set. lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Don't you think I've tried?! lol!
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:38 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Don't you think I've tried?! lol!

I'm sure you have! greedy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comp Swap IX - The Reviews   Comp Swap IX - The Reviews - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp Swap IX - The Reviews
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next