Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chrissy Steele

Go down 
+10
Eyesore
bassman
nevermore
chewie
manny
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 am

Chrissy Steele CHRISSYSTEELE

Anyone ever heard this lady rocker from the early 90's? She put out one album called "Magnet to Steele". Been jammin' it this morning. It's a good straight-forward hard rock album that leans slightly towards the 80's AOR side of things. She has a great voice that is only slightly raspy. Anyone else familiar with her?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:24 am

I'm not familiar with her music but I'm familiar with that photo. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

had it up in your college dorm room back in the day?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yep. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yep. Very Happy

Nice!!! Much like the Heather Thomas and Samantha Fox posters I had up in my bedroom in HS Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 am

That girl can sing her quite shapely @$$ off...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:05 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yep. Very Happy

Nice!!! Much like the Heather Thomas and Samantha Fox posters I had up in my bedroom in HS Smile

Heather and Samantha were well represented on my walls as well. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:28 am

Never heard of her but she looks very hot in that photo Exclamation
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 am

Wow she is a hottie, her music do not know much about it, she had one single that our local station used to play back when this album was first released.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:00 am

Interesting information on Ms Steele:

When vocalist Darby Mills walked away from the Headpins to pursue a solo career, the band was forced to look for another singer. The voice they discovered was that of the beautiful Chrissy Steele, a 24-year-old British Columbia native with a voice that was very similar to that of Mills.
A couple of Steele fronted Headpins tours occurred in 1990, but by the time recording for the new album began guitarist Brian MacLeod was the only remaining member from the classic Headpins line-up. However bad news had arrived for MacLeod, who just received news that he had cancer. The recording for the new album was done in a mobile studio off the Pacific coast, with Steele, drummer Pat Stewart and "Too Loud" MacLeod handling all guitars and bass duties. MacLeod had written the majority of the album with Tim Feehan, with guest writing credits going to Mutt Lange, Jeff Paris and members of Loverboy.
With MacLeod's failing health, it was decided to release the album as a Chrissy Steele solo effort. Videos for the singles "Love You 'Til It Hurts" and "Love Don't Last Forever" were released in late 1991 while Steele put together a touring band to promote the new release. Despite being nominated for two Juno's in 1992, the record label dropped Steele from their roster and the band broke up shortly after.
Sadly, on April 25, 1992, Brian "Too Loud" MacLeod succumbed to cancer at the age of 39. Chrissy Steele has lived in relative obscurity ever since, making small appearances on albums by Tim Feehan and Fury. However there is talk of a new Steele release in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:08 am

Found this vid on YouTube. Not a bad track. She's got some great, errrr, pipes. Very Happy

She fills out a Led Zeppelin t-shirt quite nicely too. Laughing

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 am

That last line about new Steele album, I would dismiss that last line, it looks like it was written years ago
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:34 am

That was a pretty decent tune!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 pm

The only song I remember ever hearing was Love You 'Til It Hurts.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Girl can sing! and don't hurt the eyes either. greedy
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:30 am

nevermore wrote:
The only song I remember ever hearing was Love You 'Til It Hurts.

Badass song...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:30 am

I love this album. Only have it downloaded, though. I see a promo single in Boston every time I go, but it's just a one-track single.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Never heard of her, but am intrigued to give her music a spin.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Anybody notice how she and Alannah Myles look a little bit alike? Both dark-haired, smoky voiced pop-rock hotties.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:32 pm

bassman wrote:
Anybody notice how she and Alannah Myles look a little bit alike? Both dark-haired, smoky voiced pop-rock hotties.

...and they're both Canadian, too. Must be something in the maple syrup.

Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 pm

The whole album is pretty good, really. I have the actual album and also a four track promo single for "Love You Till It Hurts".

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:49 am

Yummi Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
bassman wrote:

...and they're both Canadian, too. Must be something in the maple syrup.

Hooray for Canada!
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm

I don't have it, but do LOVE IT! Shiney picked this up for cheap on one of our visits to a local used CD shop.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 pm

It's not THAT hard to find, really, although it is sometimes jacked up in price. Actually the four-song EP goes for stupid prices on eBay sometimes....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

Chrissy Steele Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chrissy Steele   Chrissy Steele Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chrissy Steele
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: