Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underrated Live Albums

Go down 
+19
Orion Crystal Ice
Neuropete
XYZ
DeathCult
Shiney
rattpoison
akeldama
Chairman_Smith
Metal Misfit
TheGooch
James B.
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
mr.electric39
caniplaywithmadness?
stepcousin
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
spiritoradio
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
TED NUGENT - Live At Hammersmith '79

Wasn't this recorded at his second show of the night? He had to play two sets because one band didn't show up or something? I don't know there is a story behind it in the booklet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:21 pm

Yes, it was recorded at the second show. The second show was added on the same night because the first show sold out and the venue wanted to add a second show the next day. Ted wanted to go home so he said he would play a second show on the same night. The second show sold out too.

You can hear it in the vocalists voice sometimes. He sounds a bit tired. Ted sounds like Ted.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 9:59 am

ultmetal wrote:
Yes, it was recorded at the second show. The second show was added on the same night because the first show sold out and the venue wanted to add a second show the next day. Ted wanted to go home so he said he would play a second show on the same night. The second show sold out too.

You can hear it in the vocalists voice sometimes. He sounds a bit tired. Ted sounds like Ted.

Wow. That's quite a feat. Can you imagine an arena act doing something like that in this day and age? Hail the almighty Nuge!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
Thin Lizzy - Live Life - my first total introduction WOW

Yup, good one, but I like the BBC Radio One Live in Concert even better. It's not all overdubbed and cleaned up and had more balls. However, ya gotta love that live version of the Rocker on Live Life with just about all the Thin Lizzy guitarists sharing the stage together. Lemmy from Motorhead came out on stage for that as well.

ult

Without a doubt.... I've not heard the BBC Radio show. 'Live Life' I think would truly benefit of a true 'digital remastering'. I have a Wounded Bird issue, (would someone explain to me who the blazes these guys are? how did they buy the rights to so much material).

Live Life is a bit muddy as far as sound. I absolutely love the live version of 'Angel of Death - Are You Ready To Rock'....'Cold Sweat'....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 8:02 pm

Alive!!! , for sure. People aren't talking about it as the 1st and second.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 8:39 pm

I think KISS - Alive III is very underrated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 pm

See! I'm not alone to think about this. Alive!!! is a great live album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:55 am

Metallica - Live Sh*t: Binge And Purge
Aerosmith - Rockin' The Joint
Judas Priest - Priest Live!
KISS - Unplugged
Motorhead - Everything Louder Than Everyone Else
The Cult - Live Cult
Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes
Triumph - King Biscuit Flower Hour
Black Sabbath - Past Lives
Motley Crue - Live Entertainment Or Death
AC/DC - Live In Paris; Live At Atlantic Studios; Live
Sammy Hagar - Live Halleluiah
Thin Lizzy - Life
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Pack Up The Plantation
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:57 am

I have some Fleetwood Mac stuff done in Chicago in 67' that is some smokin' white boy blues. Before the Betty's came around and Peter Green whacked out. The Mac was one of the best British bands around.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:41 pm

black sabbath - live evil. its actually quite good but did not have ozzy so it is kinda overlooked i think
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Deep Purple In Concert 1970-1972. I always thought it was really cool how each is a complete show from the BBC and you have the host talking to Ian Gillan and the band in between each song and they explain a little of what each song is about, etc. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:59 pm

AC/DC - Live. This was the 1st live album I ever bought and my first AC/DC album, I played it so much I'm sick of it, but I still think it's a classic.

Megadeth - That One Night: Live in Buenos Aires. I figured this was just a throwaway album because Megadeth sure has released a lot of compilation/live albums in recent years but it's great and definitely way better than Rude Awakening.

Whitesnake - Live: In the Shadow of the Blues. Another one that hasn't gotten much attention but it's amazing.

IronAge wrote:

TT Quick-TT Live (i think this one is an absolute gem personally)

surprised
I love their debut, but they were actually around long enough to do a live album?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:01 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
AC/DC - Live. This was the 1st live album I ever bought and my first AC/DC album, I played it so much I'm sick of it, but I still think it's a classic.

Megadeth - That One Night: Live in Buenos Aires. I figured this was just a throwaway album because Megadeth sure has released a lot of compilation/live albums in recent years but it's great and definitely way better than Rude Awakening.

Whitesnake - Live: In the Shadow of the Blues. Another one that hasn't gotten much attention but it's amazing.

IronAge wrote:

TT Quick-TT Live (i think this one is an absolute gem personally)

surprised
I love their debut, but they were actually around long enough to do a live album?

Absolutely. TT Quick were around for years. They actually put out a vasty underrated 5 song EP before their "debut". They were very popular in the NJ/NY area in the early 80's. By the mid-80's they finally caught a break and released their "Metal of Honor" album. They followed that up with the independent release "Sloppy Seconds". Several years later they recorded the live album "Thrown Together Live" to celebrate their 10th year anniversary. In 2000 they released a new studio album titled "Ink" as well.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Halford - Live Insurrection
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:44 pm

HSAS_Through The Fire
Black Sabbath-Live Evil
J.Geils Band-Full House,Blow YOur Face Out
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:30 pm

I just re-purchased the MC5 - "Kick Out the Jams". That is a fantastic live album and the bands first album. That's rarely seen, in fact I can't think of another group who has released a live album as their debut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
I can't think of another group who has released a live album as their debut.

Jane's Addiction did.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:00 am

spectrefate wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:

Jane's Addiction did.

That one surely is underrated, as is the live debut of Thee Hypnotics Live'r Than God.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:32 am

THEE HYPNOTICS are badass!!!

I shall say I do not like live albums....never have there are a handful I can appreciate/or own to round out collections:

JANE'S ADDICTION- s/t
ALICE COOPER- "The Alice Cooper Show"
GODZ- "Greatest Hits Live"
BULLET LAVOLTA- "Gimme Danger"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:57 am

Shiney wrote:
THEE HYPNOTICS are badass!!!

...None more.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:42 am

spectrefate wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:

Jane's Addiction did.

Jane's Addiction sucked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:44 am

DeathCult wrote:

Jane's Addiction sucked.

Ok. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 pm

Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 B000008JGB.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_

PIGMY LOVE CIRCUS

I forgot this dirty slab o' biker metal....and it too was their debut album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:27 am

DeathCult wrote:

Jane's Addiction are awesome.

Damn right DC, nice to see we agree on something other than Mott The Hoople. Laughing
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:47 am

Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Matallicko

This one is one of the greatest Live Records ever but people hate it blaming its lo-fidelity and shambling car wreck of a performance that leaves their ears buzzing.........well duh that's what the Stooges were about.

Worth just for Iggy's stage raps between and during songs. Baiting the biker audience in to violence. You can hear the glasses being broken in the background. Damn right dangerous and incendiary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Live Albums   Underrated Live Albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underrated Live Albums
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next