Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...

Go down 
+9
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
James B.
Glower
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
Lari
Fat Freddy
anthrax_fan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Empty
PostSubject: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 4:36 pm

These days I was listening to both "The World Needs a Hero" and "The System Has Failed" and I was absolutely astonished . These are GREAT records , after all ...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Love System Has Failed. Endgame is another badass album that gets almost no love.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Yes . "United Abominations" was pretty popular at the time , but these 2 gems are great , I "dare" to say they sound (each one) better tahn the material on "Youthanasia" , but I know this sounds blasphemy to most Meagdeth fans ...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Why? What's so great about Youthanasia? I find it quite uninspired after all the records they did before it.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 5:26 pm

By 1994 I heard Youthanasia once or Twice and tought it was OK . Tout Le Monde and Train of Consequences where hughe hits at the time on MTV here . But the music was way more tamed and melodic .
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Killing is my Business is the most underrated by a mile. Screw the production it slays
The System Has Failed is a great record but I don't know many people who don't think so.
Risk was a worthwhile attempt at something different with a few hidden gems, I always enjoy it when I do listen.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 8:08 pm

TSHF was hailed as a return to form. People slag Super Collider hard but I actually enjoy much of it, they took chances and it didn't always work but it didn't always fail either.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 8:21 pm

I'm not a big Megadeth fan - but I have bought about 6 releases or so.
They always seem to have good tunes on them - and it's presented loud.
When Cliff died - I stopped listening to Metallica's newer material.
Not Megadeth.
They deliver.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 10:47 pm

No such ting...

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 10:51 pm

United Abominations is an underrated Megadeth jewel. Sleepwalker and Washington is next are two classics imo.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 11:59 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
By 1994 I heard Youthanasia once or Twice and tought it was OK . Tout Le Monde and Train of Consequences where hughe hits at the time on MTV here . But the music was way more tamed and melodic .
Yeah, but I imagine that's what most fans thought as well. So that's not blasphemous at all.

Now maybe if Youthanasia was your FAVOURITE album...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 12:32 am

I never really liked Youthanasia in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 11:38 am

TSHF and Endgame are EXCELLENT

But my #1 most underrated is SFSGSW
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:05 pm

I love SFSGSW, and I also think "Hero" is extremely underrated as well. There's a lot of memorable tracks from that one. "System" gets a lot of spin time from me as well.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Still need to by The World Needs a Hero. I have been "avoiding" this album for no particular reason.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 11:32 pm

It's often overlooked but songs like Moto Psycho, Dread and the Fugitive Mind and the title track are classic 'deth.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 12:35 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
It's often overlooked but songs like Moto Psycho, Dread and the Fugitive Mind and the title track are classic 'deth.

There is a cd that has been sitting on the shelves at my local record shop for years. Will pick it up this week. Hope it is still there. It should.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 1:20 am

The System Has Failed for me.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 pm

So Far, So Good, So What is largely passed up. It is by far my favorite Megadeth release. I would not say any of their albums are underrated though.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 9:40 am

I don' think it's possible for anything between the years of 86-92 to be underrated, because Peace put them on the map and up until Countdown they were one of the darlings of Thrash metal, along with metal still riding that crest throughout that time period. I would probably go with:

1. Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good
2. The System Has Failed
3. Youthanasia
4. Cryptic Writings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...   Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highly UNDERRATED Megadeth albums ...
Page 1 of 1