Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardcore Superstar

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
JBall_Z
James B.
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
krokus
exact33
Wargod
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Only one I have is the ST, and apparently that's all I need. I like their sound, but the lyrics are kind of clumsy sometimes, no doubt due to English being their second language.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:32 am

Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Hardcoretakeonme

'C'mon Take On Me' out March 2013.

Tracks:

01. Cutting The Slack
02. C'mon Take On Me
03. One More Minute
04. Above The Law
05. Are You Gonna Cry Now
06. Stranger Of Mine
07. Won't Take The Blame Pt. 1
08. Won't Take The Blame Pt. 2 (Sect Meeting)
09. Dead Man's Shoes
10. Because Of You
11. Too Much Business
12. Long Time No See

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:09 am

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 am

I just got done listening to that at sleazeroxx.

I think the song is a mess. It's like 3 different songs in one; the opening, the verse and the chorus sound like they're from 3 different tracks. It's not cohesive at all IMO.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Agree. After split your lip, I'm a bit wary of these guys.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Same here.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:32 pm

I didn't think it was that bad, but it wasn't that good either. Meh

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 pm

So this song sounds really good IMHO. Much better than the first one.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 pm

kethdredd wrote:
So this song sounds really good IMHO. Much better than the first one.

Now that's more like it!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 pm

I like these guys, but they still haven't come close to the quality of the self-titled. It's too bad. Still dig 'em, but I'd love something similar to that self-titled album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:23 am

I enjoyed Beg for It a lot, although its not up to the S/T. this new song sounds good - Ill get the new album.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:46 pm

new song!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:58 pm

exact33 wrote:
new song!

Hmmm...I like the verses and the overall riff but the chorus seems to be missing something; it's just not very memorable IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 2:59 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
new song!

Hmmm...I like the verses and the overall riff but the chorus seems to be missing something; it's just not very memorable IMO.

Yeah, it's missing a catchy chorus. Ironic song title considering. Nothing sticks, it's just unmemorable.

These guys went quite a bit downhill and then plateaued after their self-titled released, which is, in my opinion, pretty damn awesome. They've released good albums since, but so much weaker than the self-titled.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 6:13 pm

Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 HCSS-Catch-Me-If-You-Can

"Catch Me If You Can", the explosive new single from Sweden's self-coined "street metallers" HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, is scheduled to be released on all digital platforms on August 20 via Golden Robot Records.

"Catch Me If You Can" picks up the pace and builds on the momentum created by the band's 2018 release "You Can't Kill My Rock 'N Roll". This saw the band travel across the globe from America to Australia, playing to some of the largest audiences of their career and including an unforgettable night, where they broke attendance record for a headline act on the opening night of the world-famous Sweden Rock Festival.

Loud, aggressive and totally unrelenting, "Catch Me If You Can" bursts out the speakers with an onslaught of attitude, combined with a pounding backbeat and a chorus that hits like a freight train. This single sets the tone perfectly for the band's upcoming album "Abrakadabra", which is scheduled for release in March 2022.

Recorded at both Osterlycken and Bombastik in Musikhens Hus in Gothenburg, the band returned to their roots to work with acclaimed producer Johan Reiven, who they previously collaborated with on their 2005 Black Album. The result is an intense and hard-hitting collection of songs that drummer Magnus "Adde" Andreasson describes as a "natural follow-up to the Black album" and definitely "an album for the fans that is best shared with good friends, cold beer and very loud speakers."

Asked in a 2019 interview with Roppongi Rocks if he feels he and his bandmates have to write fun, "feel-good" party songs rather than more serious songs, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR singer Jocke Berg said: "HARDCORE SUPERSTAR is synonymous with the word 'feel-good.' It should be fun. It's drinking and toasting. A hell of a pre-party with HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, sort of. The previous album wasn't like that. It didn't end up much feel-good as it was quite dark. But if we wanted to write a TOOL song or something like that, it would not fit in with HARDCORE. We have to be in the musical region where the HARDCORE SUPERSTAR sound lives. In that case, we would have to do it as a side project. I want to do a death metal album. Unfortunately, I can't do that with HARDCORE."

As for how he would describe HARDCORE SUPERSTAR's sound, Jocke said: "The new album feels a lot like arena rock. You can hear QUEEN vibes. SLADE — some obvious vibes. ZZ TOP. I'd like to call it arena rock. That's the kind of vibe we have. It's a big sound. We had QUEEN as a starting point. QUEEN's fantastic. Especially with Freddie Mercury on vocals. We had that arena rock feeling as a starting point. We tried to capture that feeling somehow."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hardcore-superstar-to-release-new-single-catch-me-if-you-can/?fbclid=IwAR3qiWcRcMUV8fcwfNM_rGtbtbUQ2DniOjpzn1ov0WFBZZt7CUWNPpdYE60

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Queen as a starting point, yeah right.  I wanna hear a WHOLE lot of samples before I invest another penny in this band because I gave up on them YEARS ago.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2021 7:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Queen as a starting point, yeah right.  I wanna hear a WHOLE lot of samples before I invest another penny in this band because I gave up on them YEARS ago.

I liked their last one. It was a lot better than the stiff after Beg for It

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 11:24 am

new single. I like it. Do not hear Queen at all but the single is catchy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardcore Superstar
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2