Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardcore Superstar

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
JBall_Z
James B.
tohostudios
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
krokus
exact33
Wargod
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:34 pm

I really love this song. Great band in the Sleez genre!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Smile HCSS is one of my favs!!

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:22 am

Since 2005 they only released good albums. Before that they sucked big time in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:30 am

Not a big fan

Great song though
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:43 am

Great band! Awesome song! I actually like all their albums even their first ones. The newest one was kind of a dissapointment but thats ok I got it cheap haha

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:56 am

I have all their music. I too like the early, punkier stuff as well as the more metal vibe on their more recent releases. Like PRD, I was kinda disappointed in the last one though.

If you like HCSS, check out Distorted Wonderland. These guys met while doing backing vocals on the HCSS S/T. Their album blows the last HCSS completely out of the water IMO.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:26 am

I had heard of Hardcore Superstar but never heard them till that clip. Them and the band Toho posted sound well enough. Good truck driving music.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:33 am

Title track from the album after the one WG posted:

The King
exact33

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
I have all their music. I too like the early, punkier stuff as well as the more metal vibe on their more recent releases. Like PRD, I was kinda disappointed in the last one though.

If you like HCSS, check out Distorted Wonderland. These guys met while doing backing vocals on the HCSS S/T. Their album blows the last HCSS completely out of the water IMO.

toho speaks the truth - distorted wonderland rocks!!!

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:40 am

Great band. I want the new one, but again, it's an expensive import. It's times like this when I miss living in Japan.

Also, I recently picked up a CD by a band called Distorted Wonderland. They kind of remind me of HS. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:44 am

Hey JBZ, check out the video in the post above yours. Razz

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Hey JBZ, check out the video in the post above yours. Razz

That's what I get for not reading the entire post. Smile

But I agree with you, Distorted Wonderland ROCKS! Their sound is right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 am

HS are one of my favorites of the genre.I really liked their latest release.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 am

Been meaning to get more of their stuff. I'm pretty picky with my glam/sleaze choices these days, but HCSS seem to have that certain something.

Any recommendations on what albums I should get pronto and any I should avoid?

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:22 am

MG- Their self titled is a must ,also their newest Split your Lip is good as well
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Been meaning to get more of their stuff. I'm pretty picky with my glam/sleaze choices these days, but HCSS seem to have that certain something.

I would get (in this order):

1. S/T
2. Dreamin in a Casket
3. Beg for It
4. Split Your Lip

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 am

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

1. S/T
2. Dreamin in a Casket
3. Beg for It
4. Split Your Lip

I concur.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:44 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

1. S/T
2. Dreamin in a Casket
3. Beg for It
4. Split Your Lip

I concur.

I learned from the sleaze guru!!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 am

So it is written, so it shall be done. Eventually.

The King
exact33

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:48 am

new song from the album coming in March:

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I picked up a greatest hits comp of their last year or so and while I liked it ok enough, it didn't exactly inspire me to investigate their catalog any further. I might have to pop in that comp again though and give it a fresh listen.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I picked up a greatest hits comp of their last year or so and while I liked it ok enough, it didn't exactly inspire me to investigate their catalog any further. I might have to pop in that comp again though and give it a fresh listen.

I thought the Best Of was kinda spotty. The S/T is easily their best; if that one doesn't "inspire" you they're just not your cup o tea.

The King
exact33

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I thought the Best Of was kinda spotty. The S/T is easily their best; if that one doesn't "inspire" you they're just not your cup o tea.

I go with the S/T, Dreamin in a Casket and Beg for It. Three great albums.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

Yea, I still may go back an investigate their other stuff at some point if the price is right. Just reading the title 'Beg For It' has got the song playing in my head. If it's a band I'm unfamiliar with, I like to get a comp of their best (or most popular) and go from there.

And aside from the tracklisting, which I didn't have a problem with, the cd and inserts were done very poorly. No info about the tracks at all, barely any band pics, just overall lack of information regarding the band or songs in general. Being that it was more or less my intro to the band, you think they'd put a little more effort into the packaging of the thing. That part left a bad taste in my mouth as well. If the band (or more likely the record company) doesn't care about this release, why should I?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:14 pm

I hate when greatest hits packages don't include detailed info in the liner notes. Seems like such an obvious thing to do. And yet surprisingly is often not done. Stupid.

I only have one album by these guys. No Regrets. To be honest I even forgot I had gotten it. Came in a big wave of stuff I guess. Anyway it came up on my ipod so I gave it a spin. Really liked it. I know this is supposedly one of their lesser records in fans' eyes but if that is the case then I need to run out and get the rest like now. I thought the song writing was top notch too. Which isn't something I usually notice or care in this genre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hardcore Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardcore Superstar   Hardcore Superstar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardcore Superstar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next