Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?

Go down 
+5
kmorg
skullsmasher
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:08 am

I was searching around for bands to send me stuff to play on my radio station and came across this band Hardcore Superstar from Sweden. Their description is Glam/Rock/Thrash from what it says on their myspace. I dont really think its Glam but what do I know. Anyway check out their myspace page here http://www.myspace.com/hcssgbg and see for yourself I think I found a great new band atleast I like them. Im really a tough critic when it comes to bands I never heard of on myspace but this one is good. I asked them to send me a cd but if they have one to buy I just might buy it. What do you all think? I could see maybe Eyesore liking them.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:15 am

Hardcore Superstar freakin ROCKS! I have their self-titled album from two or three years ago, very solid stuff. Kinda like a mix of the vintage L.A. sleaze bands like Motley Crue (i.e. when they were still good), L.A. Guns, GNR, etc., with a hit of the Ramones. They have several other albums out but I've never gotten round to checking them out. Their newest one is called "Dreamin in a Casket"

Here's the vid for my fave H.S. song, "We Don't Celebrate Sundays"

And here's the title track to "Dreamin' in a Casket"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 am

awesome I didnt know they were around that long. First time I ever heard of them was today and im hooked!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:33 am

One of my favorite bands! I have all their albums and the single "Bastards" which isn't on any album.

I'd start with 2005's S/T. Last year's "Dreamin' In A Casket" is good too. Their sound sort of changes from album to album. The early stuff is more punk. Then they went through a phase that harkens back to rock n roll. Now they're sort of a hybrid of metal and punk. Great stuff!

Also in the same genre:

Backyard Babies
Gemini Five
Crashdiet
Miss Crazy

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:56 am

I like 'em too. My wife found out about them from someone at the L.A. Guns forum and I decided to give them a chance. They are pretty good.

A couple more you may like would be Vains of Jenna (these guys are way better live than their CD but still pretty good)
and Swedish Erotica, I know, kind of a stupid name but also a pretty good band
I have 2 of Hardcore Super Star's CDs. I don't play them all the time but I do think they are worth a listen for anyone who digs the 80's Glam-Metal vibe.

I am listening to a newly discovered band for me called "Crash Alley" they seem to sound kind of like a cross between "Bullet Boys" and the tougher sounding "Warrant".
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:58 am

I'm a major sucker for the glam/sleaze/hair metal sound.

I seem to recall hearing about Swedish Erotica before but I don't think I ever heard them. Need to investigate.

Of course I'll have to investigate at home. I don't even want to think what Googling that band might bring up here at work.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:27 am

I've seen them live, opening for Kiss in 1999, but they are not my cup of tea...

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:34 am

I love some Sleaze.HS are a great band.Right up their with the likes of Miss Crazy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:35 am

I like HS better than Miss Crazy. The second Miss Crazy is kinda spotty IMO

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am

Good band. But as I began picking up their earlier albums it sort of made me lose a little respect. They were like borderline pop punk and then on the self-titled they're all of a sudden this old school 80s rock band! Sure, it's great, but seems like they hitched a ride of that Swedish rock bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Well from the stuff they have on their myspace is a turn in the right direction. I'll be on the look out for their albums.

Quote :
I have 2 of Hardcore Super Star's CDs. I don't play them all the time but I do think they are worth a listen for anyone who digs the 80's Glam-Metal vibe.

Wanna get rid of them? Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Yeah, I came across this band last year. Dreamin' In A Casket is an awesome album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Yeah, I came across this band last year. Dreamin' In A Casket is an awesome album.

I think the S/T before Dreamin' is even better.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Good band. But as I began picking up their earlier albums it sort of made me lose a little respect. They were like borderline pop punk and then on the self-titled they're all of a sudden this old school 80s rock band! Sure, it's great, but seems like they hitched a ride of that Swedish rock bandwagon.

Now i'm no Hardcore Superstar fan but they definately hitched the horses to this "Swedish Rock" bandwagon. Inspired alot of those bands like Vains Of Jenna, Crashdiet etc.

At the start they were very post-early 69 Eyes and Backyard Babies (Who should be seen as the scene starters) in their mix of Ramones, Hanoi Rocks, NY Dolls, Stooges and 80's Sleaze acts like Faster Pu$$ycat and L.A. Guns. A kind of garage n' punk take on 80's sleaze.

I think all you have to look at is a song title from their 2nd album....."There not even a new Bang Tango". Which came from a bad review in Kerrang. Even then they were being compared to 80's sleaze bands and this was like in 2000 or 2001.

Still i don't rate them....gimme the Backyard Babies's Total 13 or Norway's Silver...... http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=aQQWbPvVfRE
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Awesome band many refer them as the newer Motley Crue. Good stuff!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?   New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Band Hardcore Superstar. What do you think?
Page 1 of 1