Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Empty
PostSubject: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Just got an email from Amazon this morning, Nektar's classic album A Tab In The Ocean is being reissued in the "Deluxe Editions" series with a bonus disc of unreleased material. The release date is 2/22.

The is the album that Crying In The Dark/King Of Twilight comes from. A must for Prog Rock fans!

Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition 51oMfWPmPbL._SL500_AA300_

Here's the Amazon page:
http://www.amazon.com/Tab-Ocean-Deluxe-CD-Set/dp/B004J0Q6F0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1297450630&sr=8-2
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 pm

cool! Thanks for the info!

Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Great album.

Saw Nektar back in 2004. DAMN, they were heavy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 am

There is also a 2-CD Deluxe Edition of Remember The Future scheduled for release on Mar 15. More deluxe editions in the pipeline after that (supposedly the entire 70s catalog).

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:39 pm

nice!

Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:30 am

I wonder if the bonus tracks are any good? I'll sample them later on today. I've always been a pretty big fan of these guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:28 am

Sinistar wrote:
I wonder if the bonus tracks are any good? I'll sample them later on today. I've always been a pretty big fan of these guys.

The bonus tracks are excellent. It's the first official release of a 1970 recording in Boston, it's circulated around as "The Boston Tapes". Some of the songs were later re-recorded and ended up on "Sounds Like This".

Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 am

detuned wrote:
Sinistar wrote:

The bonus tracks are excellent. It's the first official release of a 1970 recording in Boston, it's circulated around as "The Boston Tapes". Some of the songs were later re-recorded and ended up on "Sounds Like This".

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out.

I've never owned "Sounds Like This" I borrowed a coworkers vinyl copy years ago. I only have "Journey to the Center of the Eye," "Tab in the Ocean" (no bonus tracks), "Remember the Future" and "Recycled."

Again, I was quite impressed when I saw them live.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 pm

I was about to buy this and saw the label is releasing the album on cdr instead of silver pressed...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
I was about to buy this and saw the label is releasing the album on cdr instead of silver pressed...
Seriously? So frickin' lame.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:40 am

They have this album at my local CD Warhouse, but I have passed it up since it's too overpriced for my po' blood. Great band though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:58 am

Well. Sorry guys, I think this one is a bootleg.

However, the band themselves issued this album several years back...and after doing a side by side comparison, this new "deluxe edition" borrows the UK mix from that issue, it's the exact same master.

They're not cheap however:

http://www.amazon.com/Tab-Ocean-Nektar/dp/B0001IMDSS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1302940551&sr=8-2

Looks like "The Boston Tapes" is also available as a twofer with Journey To The Centre Of The Eye.

http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Center-Eye-Boston-Tapes/dp/B0031P6XJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1302940618&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:37 am

this is a shame because i really was digging the music.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition   Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean - deluxe edition
Page 1 of 1