Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

William Shatner recording a new album

Go down 
+12
Addy
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Ricky
spiritoradio
Troublezone
Telmorn Altayon
DeathCult
exact33
nevermore
MetalGuy71
manny
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

William Shatner recording a new album Empty
PostSubject: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 am

From Eddie " Ace once peeded in my bathroom" Trunk's website:

Last week veteran actor William Shatner teamed up with guitarist Zakk Wylde at Wylde's studio, The Black Label Bunker, to lay down tracks for a cover of Black Sabbath's classic song "Iron Man."

The song will appear on Shatner's upcoming album, "Seeking Major Tom," which features a collection of sci-fi, space-themed songs. The album is due out on Cleopatra Records later this year.

Of Wylde, Shatner commented, "He's fantastic! I'm energized." Wylde was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Shatner and added, "He's super cool, we had an awesome time working together."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:28 am

Guy sure likes to keep working. How old is Bill now? He's gotta be in his 70's right?

EDIT: He'll be 80 ( affraid ) next month.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Guy sure likes to keep working. How old is Bill now? He's gotta be in his 70's right?

He doesn't look like he's almost 80. I went to a Henry Rollins spoken word show a few years ago and Henry had met Shatner somehow. Henry said he couldn't believe all the energy that William had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 am

Energy or not i'm surprise a little that Zakk is so into this as his songs are big jokes. Funny though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 am

nevermore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

He doesn't look like he's almost 80. I went to a Henry Rollins spoken word show a few years ago and Henry had met Shatner somehow. Henry said he couldn't believe all the energy that William had.

Did Henry talk about going to Thanksgiving dinner at the Shatner's? That's the story I heard, it was pretty funny.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:36 pm

wow. I never really thought much of his stuff other than novelty songs..

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Shouldn't this be stopped due to a counter terrorism act? Seriously, novelty albums are fun, and I can get into his shitty acting. But another Shatner record album is an atrocity comparable to the holocaust.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Quote :
an atrocity comparable to the holocaust

Ummm....too far, I think.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Did Henry talk about going to Thanksgiving dinner at the Shatner's? That's the story I heard, it was pretty funny.

Yes, that was it!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:41 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Shouldn't this be stopped due to a counter terrorism act? Seriously, novelty albums are fun, and I can get into his shitty acting. But another Shatner record album is an atrocity comparable to the holocaust.

it is some form of punishment for not being allowed to do another Star Trek movie...

Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:45 pm

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love his style, I mean not in the "WOW DREAM THEATER IS WRITING MORE MUSIC" way, but in the "I really enjoy the oddity in this awesomeness" king of way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm

nevermore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

He doesn't look like he's almost 80.

I agree.
He looks like he's in his 60's.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
an atrocity comparable to the holocaust

Ummm....too far, I think.

William Shatner recording a new album 499945

Him recording another album IS too far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:00 pm

So Ace peed in Trunk's bathroom. It is where the toilet is. Now if he'd peed on Trunk, that'd be news.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:20 pm

it will be interesting to hear some of this CD
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:50 pm

next richard simmons and Eddie Van Halen will be recording....

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 am

TheNazgul wrote:
So Ace peed in Trunk's bathroom. It is where the toilet is. Now if he'd peed on Trunk, that'd be news.

If Ace pee'd in Trunk's bathroom, Trunk would scoop the toilet water out into a jar, put it on his mantle surrounded by candles and bow to it every night before he went to bed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

If Ace pee'd in Trunk's bathroom, Trunk would scoop the toilet water out into a jar, put it on his mantle surrounded by candles and bow to it every night before he went to bed.

Ace probably was drunk and pissed all over his floor
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:02 pm

More details on this aural assault...

Quote :

Details have now been released on the new William Shatner album, and he’s got a major list of rockers involved.

Titled Searching For Major Tom, the track listing is:

1. Space Trucking – featuring Ian Paice and Johnny Winter
  2. She Blinded Me With Science – Bootsy Collins, Patrick Moraz
  3. In A While
  4. Empty Glass – Michael Schenker
  5. Lost In The Stars
  6. Twilight Zone – Warren Haynes
  7. Space Cowboy
  8. Rocket Man – Steve Hillage
  9. Space Oddity – Ritchie Blackmore, Alan Parsons
  10. Spirit In The Sky – Peter Frampton
  11. Bohemian Rhapsody – John Wetton
  12. Silver Machine – Wayne Kramer, Carmine Appice
  13. Major Tom – Zakk Wylde, Mike Inez
  14. Learning To Fly – Edgar Froese
  15. Mr Spaceman – Dave Davies
  16. Iron Man – Zakk Wylde
  17. Planet Earth – Steve Howe
  18. Walking On The Moon
  19. Mrs Major Tom

The album will be out later in the year through Cleopatra

Impressive guest list. Guess this proves who is more awesome. Beat that, Chuck Norris!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Chuck Norris is so awesome he doesnt need to do an album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:19 am

Chuck Norris is so awesome Shatner will do a tribute album to him!!

Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:42 pm

I've always found Shatner's music strangely captivating, a very interseting listen, allthough I wouldn't listen to it like I listen to traditional music. I'm pretty interested to see how this one turns out particularly the Queen, Deep Purlple and Sabbath stuff.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
Chuck Norris is so awesome Shatner will do a tribute album to him!!

William Shatner doesnt have the vocal chords to do a proper tribute to Chuck Norris
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Did anyone see this today?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: William Shatner recording a new album   William Shatner recording a new album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

William Shatner recording a new album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next