Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 8:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ I've seen that movie. It's godawful! Haha

Indeed it is...

Especially the guy that plays the grandpa. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 9:30 pm

Finally got around to watching "Layer Cake" the other night. 'She Sells Sanctuary' by The Cult plays over the opening credits. Great flick too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 9:38 pm

At the end of "Final Destination 5," a montage of death scenes from the entire series plays over the closing credits, accompanied by AC/DC's "If You Want Blood."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
blazingstone
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 am

I was quite surprised to hear L.A. Guns "Shoot for Thrills" in one episode of the Netflix Punisher series(specifically the episode "Fustercluck").
Back to top Go down
blazingstone
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
So while watching the '80s trash classic "Class of Nuke'Em High" this morning, I happened to notice Clive Burr's name in the credits (under "Music By...")

I was like "Whaaaaat? That couldn't be the Clive Burr, the late former Iron Maiden drummer, could it?"

So I took a quick look at the movie's IMDb page and lo and behold, it was indeed him. There's a song in the movie called "Run For Your Life" by a band called Stratus, which was apparently a short lived combo featuring Clive and some ex members of NWOBHM band Praying Mantis.

It's totally awful AOR crap but hey, ya learn something new every day Laughing very hard

Wow I did not know that, really cool.  I actually really like this song and part of me wonders about the alternate universe where this band was a hit and Burr ended up having an AOR career.

Also enjoyed Lust for Freedom, i'm a sucker for those Women in Prison films.

Also I saw this one direct to video action film called "Point Doom" where featured several Motley Crue songs and even had Skid Row vocalist Sebastian Bach doing some acting, let's just say he was a lot better on Gilmore Girls.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 pm

In the 2010 thriller "Frozen," a guy in a Twisted Sister shirt walks past the main characters in the ski lodge before they head out to the chair lift.

According to the "Trivia" section of the movie's IMDb page, the guy is Jesse "Blaze" Snider, Dee Snider's son, who was a member of the movie's crew.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 10:56 pm

A kid in "Fear Street Part 1: 1994" wears an Iron Maiden tee for a good chunk of the film, and "Fear of the Dark" is heard briefly in an early scene.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
A kid in "Fear Street Part 1: 1994" wears an Iron Maiden tee for a good chunk of the film, and "Fear of the Dark" is heard briefly in an early scene.
Haha, I was just now watching this movie and came here to post about that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 988

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Jungle Cruise has an orchestral version of Nothing Else Matters playing over the opening credits and during a flashback scene.

Last edited by Hadley on Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 12:39 pm

"Bad Teacher" used Dio, Whitesnake, and Judas Priest songs throughout the film.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2021 11:34 am

In Addams Family 2, a scene takes place in a biker bar in Death Valley. The music playing in the background? Motorhead's Ace Of Spades.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2022 3:29 pm

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread yet, but the death metal band Disgorge had their song "Consume the Forsaken" featured in the movie Paranormal Activity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 11:00 am

In the Netflix comedy "Thunder Force," Melissa McCarthy's character wears vintage Slayer and Lita Ford tee shirts. At one point, she threatens a character who wants her to remove the Slayer shirt with bodily harm if it gets damaged, because it's a "1994 original bought at the concert."

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 5:06 pm

In the first episode of Peacemaker, one of the songs in the background of a scene, you can hear The Poodles-A Night Of Passion
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 6:15 am

On last night's episode of the Waking Dead, 2 girls ate shopping at a record store and the older one holds up Motorhead's Rock And Roll lpand tells the younger one how great it is. Later in the episode, Eat The Rich is played.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 4:30 pm

007 wrote:
On last night's episode of the Waking Dead, 2 girls ate shopping at a record store and the older one holds up Motorhead's Rock And Roll lpand tells the younger one how great it is. Later in the episode, Eat The Rich is played.

I think Norman Reedus is a big Motörhead fan. He may have influenced that scene.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 4:32 pm

I was watching Tubi last night and a horror movie called The Rage featured the band Mushroomhead playing live at a outdoor party.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 10:24 pm

007 wrote:

My dad was watching that just the other day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 8:43 pm

Watching another Peacemaker episode and they're playing Reckless Love-Monster

Apparently James Gunn is huge glam/pop metal fan.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 10:31 pm

On Monday's RAW, Edge came out in an Amon Amarth shirt.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 11:33 pm

Hadley wrote:
On Monday's RAW, Edge came out in an Amon Amarth shirt.

A while back he had a Headbanger's Ball t-shirt. I've always suspected Edge to be into metal, he would always headbang and throw up the horns when he made his entrance.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2022 6:09 am

Started watching The Stand on Paramount last night and the first episode has Changes by Black Sabbath being played by 2 characters.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 10:16 am

Another episode of the Stand plays KISS' Lick It Up.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2022 3:52 pm

In the Amityville Horror remake, the oldest kid wears a couple of KISS shirts, as well as having a few cool vintage KISS and Alice Cooper posters on his bedroom wall.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 10:57 pm

Just saw this commercial with, of all things, Time for Change by Motley Crue playing in the background:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next