Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!

Go down 
+39
skullkrusher
JBall_Z
firestarter
arttieTHE1manparty
metalinmyveins
Olafsto
DeathCult
Motorsud
Troublezone
MoonChild
chewie
nevermore
Joe
QuothTheRaven
Ricky
stepcousin
Getizzyback
mlotek
Ben Grimm
iamrockerfun
adrian
Sinistar
metalken
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
A Handful of Wayne
manny
Fat Freddy
exact33
Required Fields
DallasBlack
tohostudios
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
bassman
ultmetal
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Choose! The Heavy Metal Crown 1985
Accept - Metal Heart
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 6 ]
Armored Saint - Delirious Nomad
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Celtic Frost -To Mega Therion
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Dio - Sacred Heart
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Dokken - Under Lock And Key
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Fates Warning - The Spectre Within
 6% [ 4 ]
Grim Reaper - Fear No Evil
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Helloween - Walls Of Jericho
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Loudness - Thunder in the East
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Ratt - Invasion of Your Privacy
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Raven - Stay Hard
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Stryper - Soldiers Under Command
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
Trouble - The Skull
 3% [ 2 ]
W.A.S.P. - The Last Command
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Marching Out
 6% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 63

AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 pm

1985 was my first year of service in the Navy. I was stationed in San Diego, CA, and the Tower Records on Sports Arena Blvd was one of my best friends. Anyone know if it's still there? Anyway, I started buying cassettes instead of vinyl because, of course, they were more portable. I remember being slightly disappointed in the sophomore releases from W.A.S.P., Ratt, and Armored Saint. It's weird, but looking at Ult's more comprehensive list, I was let down by quite a few releaeses in '85. Maybe it was my situation. KISS Asylum was definintely my favorite album that year. Anyway, W.A.S.P. GETS MY VOTE.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:50 pm

It was not just your situation, I remember being disappointed by alot of albums released that year that I did not feel where as strong as the previous albums.

AC/DC. KISS, Twisted Sister, Dio, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister and even Venom did not release their strongest material IMO and I think this is when I started to drift off to heavier music and genres outside of metal, but I still remained a loyal fan to all the bands I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Of the yearly polls, this is definitely the most balanced voting I've seen. I'm guessing that if we keep the thrash bands in one poll, and a mixture of power/glam/sleaze/etc... in the other poll, we'll probably see this same type of balance. I think the Megadeth/Metallica/Slayer/Anthrax's of the world will show their dominance in the thrash polls, but it's obvious that this poll is a greater reflection of the diversity in musical taste among the members of this site, which is not thrash related.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:55 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
the Tower Records on Sports Arena Blvd was one of my best friends. Anyone know if it's still there?

Since the entire Tower Records chain went belly up in 2006, I'd say "probably not." Laughing

I know how you feel though. The Tower Records in my home town (Paramus NJ) was my "home" for many years. I worked in the K-mart store a few doors down from it for a while so every day I'd spend my lunch break scrounging thru the CDs, magazines, and other cool junk. I spent so much time in there that people often mistook me for a Tower employee. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
the Tower Records on Sports Arena Blvd was one of my best friends. Anyone know if it's still there?

Since the entire Tower Records chain went belly up in 2006, I'd say "probably not." Laughing

I know how you feel though. The Tower Records in my home town (Paramus NJ) was my "home" for many years. I worked in the K-mart store a few doors down from it for a while so every day I'd spend my lunch break scrounging thru the CDs, magazines, and other cool junk. I spent so much time in there that people often mistook me for a Tower employee. Laughing very hard

That is funny. But, wow, I didn't know Tower Records went out o' business. I was stationed in Japan until July '09 and Tower Records and HMV appeared to being doing well. I guess in the states they've been relegated to online retail only. Sad
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 pm

manny wrote:
It was not just your situation, I remember being disappointed by alot of albums released that year that I did not feel where as strong as the previous albums.

AC/DC. KISS, Twisted Sister, Dio, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister and even Venom did not release their strongest material IMO and I think this is when I started to drift off to heavier music and genres outside of metal, but I still remained a loyal fan to all the bands I mentioned.

Glad I'm not the only one. Your right, AC/DC, TS, Dio and Crue definitely dissappointed me. But I loved Asylum. I was dissappointed with Animalize and thought Asylum was spectacular. I knew then that Bruce was the man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 pm

JBall_Z wrote:

That is funny. But, wow, I didn't know Tower Records went out o' business. I was stationed in Japan until July '09 and Tower Records and HMV appeared to being doing well. I guess in the states they've been relegated to online retail only. Sad

Dunno about the international stores but they closed up all the U.S. locations in 2006. I remember the year cuz I was driving home from the Iron Maiden show at the Meadowlands in NJ in October of that year, went past the Tower store on the highway and saw the "STORE CLOSING - EVERYTHING MUST GO" signs in the windows. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOO! affraid"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:

Dunno about the international stores but they closed up all the U.S. locations in 2006. I remember the year cuz I was driving home from the Iron Maiden show at the Meadowlands in NJ in October of that year, went past the Tower store on the highway and saw the "STORE CLOSING - EVERYTHING MUST GO" signs in the windows. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOO! affraid"

That's how I felt when I made my montly trip to Virgin Megastore and saw the same thing. Luckily I got there at the begginning of their liquidation sale and I got away with over $200 worth of CDs for $100.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Is it 86 time yet?
Back to top Go down
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:45 pm

DOKKEN - UNDER LOCK AND KEY

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:48 am

Accept - Metal Heart ..... got my vote....

Stryper was good, but too many ballads and pop songs.... The heavy stuff was heavy but I was catching the heavier stuff....

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Accept's "Metal Heart" for me. It was tough to choose between that album and "Fear No Evil" but "Midnight Mover" and "Bound to Fail" were enough to convince me to vote for Accept. Smile
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Is that you, Glower?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Well, I watched it. Good taste in music. And what a real nice collection of vinyl.

EDIT: I think I would also probably put Anthrax first. That, or Walls of Jericho. Depends. Or no, it's probably Anthrax. Such a great record.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3