Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!

Go down 
+39
skullkrusher
JBall_Z
firestarter
arttieTHE1manparty
metalinmyveins
Olafsto
DeathCult
Motorsud
Troublezone
MoonChild
chewie
nevermore
Joe
QuothTheRaven
Ricky
stepcousin
Getizzyback
mlotek
Ben Grimm
iamrockerfun
adrian
Sinistar
metalken
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
A Handful of Wayne
manny
Fat Freddy
exact33
Required Fields
DallasBlack
tohostudios
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
bassman
ultmetal
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Choose! The Heavy Metal Crown 1985
Accept - Metal Heart
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 6 ]
Armored Saint - Delirious Nomad
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Celtic Frost -To Mega Therion
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Dio - Sacred Heart
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Dokken - Under Lock And Key
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Fates Warning - The Spectre Within
 6% [ 4 ]
Grim Reaper - Fear No Evil
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Helloween - Walls Of Jericho
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Loudness - Thunder in the East
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Ratt - Invasion of Your Privacy
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Raven - Stay Hard
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Stryper - Soldiers Under Command
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
Trouble - The Skull
 3% [ 2 ]
W.A.S.P. - The Last Command
1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Marching Out
 6% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 63

AuthorMessage
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:10 pm

A S Y L U M maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:22 pm

Malmsteen got my vote but just by a hair
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Glad I played this album yesterday, first time in awhile ..

AS much as I was a die hard Raven fan at the time, I was already waning from party anthem metal like KISS, Crue, Twisted Sister.
I still liked those bands, but was not satisfied seeing Raven go that route.

Bands like Fates Warning and Helloween reminded me it was better to look for underground bands, not just hope something good would be on a major label in my local record store or could be ordered from Columbia Records & Tapes.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Ratt - Invasion Of Yor Privacy for me, great 2nd album after their smash debut.

I like W.A.S.P. and the Dokken albums too, but Ratt is truly one of my all time favorite bands. Motley's Theatre of Pain is also a classic, I don't care what the band says, it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Well, by this time thrash and power metal were starting to branch away from mainstream hard rock/heavy metal. I just can't see putting Helloween and Blessed Death in the same poll or on the same list as Dokken and Ratt, so I guess I'd hafta have 2 lists of faves:

mainstream hard rock/heavy metal, bands with videos and/or radio play,or anything similar:

Accept - Metal Heart
Accept - Kaizoku-Ban (EP)
Dio - Sacred Heart
Maiden-Live After Death
Loudness-Thunder In The East...recently gotten into these guys
Ratt-Invasion
Rush-Power Windows....love it but it really doesnt belong in this thread
Scorpions - Worldwide Live
Stryper - Soldiers Under Command
Y&T-Open Fire
Yngwie-Marching Out
Kiss Asylum.....not even close to being one of my faves but better than most people give it credit for.

thrash/doom/power/speed/underground metal in general,
most of these bands I no longer listen to but were awesome that year nonetheless:

Helloween - Walls Of Jericho
Trouble - The Skull
Abattoir - Vicious Attack
Agent Steel - Skeptics Apocalypse
Agent Steel - Mad Locust Rising (EP)
Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
Artillery - Fear of Tomorrow
Blessed Death - Kill Or Be Killed
Destruction - Infernal Overkill
Exodus- Bonded by Blood
Hallows Eve - Tales Of Terror
Helloween - Helloween (EP)
Helloween - Walls Of Jericho..........love both of these
Kreator - Endless Pain
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!
Nasty Savage - s/t
Omen - Warning Of Danger
Overkill - Feel The Fire
Onslaught - Power from Hell
Razor - Executioner's Song
Razor -Evil Invaders
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Slayer - Live Undead (EP)
Watchtower-Energetic Disassembly
Zoetrope-Amnesty

so many more not on this list, too many to name

my fave on the heavy metal list: No clear cut favorite, probably Maiden -Live After Death or maybe Dokken - Under Lock And Key.

My fave on the thrash list: Both Helloween albums, maybe Trouble-The Skull and the Agent Steel EP-Mad Locust Rising.

Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:52 pm

Dio
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Went with Stryper. I was in my "Christian music only" phase at this point in my life and I was excited that there was a band playing heavy metal. This and "Yellow and Black Attack" are their heaviest albums, IMO. I loved "To Hell With the Devil" too, but in retrospect, it was a little poppier than I like.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Celtic Frost
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:17 pm

I could have easily chosen W.A.S.P.,Armored Saint or Loudness but picked Accept.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:22 pm

stepcousin wrote:

my fave on the heavy metal list: No clear cut favorite, probably Maiden -Live After Death or maybe Dokken - Under Lock And Key.

My fave on the thrash list: Both Helloween albums, maybe Trouble-The Skull and the Agent Steel EP-Mad Locust Rising.

I forgot about Maiden's Live After Death !
It was HUUUUUUGE!! Among regular metalheads and thrashers I knew.

NOW that I'm reminded, think I will seek out the dvd of it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_After_Death_%28video%29

and I think Mad Locust Rising was the first song I ever heard by AGENT STEEL, and was blown away by the speed, riffs,and singing that seemed more over the top than Bruce Dickinson
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Aww man, this is hard.... I went with Yngwie.

Stay Hard was one of the most disappointing albums to this young lad after hearing and LOVING Live At The Inferno(which was the first Raven album I had heard). Though I did like On and On.... still do, it's a good song. Same with Down For The Count... my friends and I thought that that was an appropiate title.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:46 pm

I love Black-n-Blue's "Without Love".....it's a fun album

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:44 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:41 am

I went with Stryper. I would've voted for Trouble if it was Psalm 9...
Back to top Go down
Motorsud
Metal novice
Metal novice
Motorsud

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:16 am

Stryper is 1st for the moment I have voted for Accept !
Stryper never have had a strong succes on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean !
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalmessiahradio.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Wow! Sort of all over the place on this poll. No clear winner like on all the other polls.

Motorsud wrote:
Stryper never have had a strong succes on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean !

Really? They seemed to grace the cover of a lot of European magazines like Kerrang back in the day. Also they were touring Japan and playing stadiums as well. I think they were more popular than some people give them credit for.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:46 pm

From this poll, To Mega Therion wins. As odd as of a runner up as it is, I'd choose Dokken as # 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 3:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! Sort of all over the place on this poll. No clear winner like on all the other polls.

I am surprised too - considering helloween started out strong in the poll..

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Might have to do a poll of just the top bands from this one so I can narrow it down to one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Might have to do a poll of just the top bands from this one so I can narrow it down to one.

Go for it - maybe the top bands for this and the trash poll
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:20 pm

adrian wrote:
Yngwie - Marching Out by far.

Not only is it his finest album, it also was one of my first real metal albums. Songs like Disciples of Hell, I am a Viking, Caught In the Middle... Doesn't get any better!
Exactly my feelings
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Motorsud wrote:

Really? They seemed to grace the cover of a lot of European magazines like Kerrang back in the day. Also they were touring Japan and playing stadiums as well. I think they were more popular than some people give them credit for.

Stryper got a lot of attention in the media over here back in the day. But honestly i think it was more because they were different in so many ways... They never had a huge fan base, toured arenas or sold millions of albums in Europe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Probably my favorite album on that list right now would be Loudness and "Thunder in the East", but I wasn't listening to that album back in 1985. I can tell you I was wearing down my Dokken "Under Lock & Key" tape, so I'll go with Dokken.

1. Dokken - "Under Lock & Key"
2. Loudness - Thunder in the East
3. AC/DC - "Fly On the Wall (Just like "Hell Awaits", the production takes a hit, but that's what I like about the albums. They sound like they were produced in a garage)
4. Yngwie Malmsteen - "Marching Out" (Jeff Scott Soto: What a shame their relationship only lasted for one album)
5. Armored Saint - Delirious Nomad (2nd favorite offering from the band)
5. Tie RATT - Invasion of Your Privacy (the last RATT album that I loved)
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:41 pm

WASP, Dio, then Dokken....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
firestarter
Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:33 pm

Great selections for the poll!

1. Dokken
2. Armored Saint
3. W.A.S.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!   1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1985 Heavy Metal UP THE WAZZU!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next