Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?

Go down 
+8
labrekk
STIGMATADOR
Gilbert
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Stender
Dave the Boss
Alex Dee Rokket
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Empty
PostSubject: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:50 am

All these years it seems I have been living under a rock because only today I heard Tank's music.

I was only familiar with Sodom's cover song which appears on Agent Orange, Don't Walk Away, which sounded kinda Motorhead-ish.

Although that is not too far from the mark, I find Tank's music (at least what I've heard so far) to be a combination of Motorhead (mostly the drum sound) and early - mid 80s Running Wild because of all the fast and very catchy riffs, and even the vocals remind me a bit of Rolf.

I need to track down all of their albums now!

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:36 am

The new one isn't worth buying imo. Tank without Algy isn't Tank. They sound more like a Saxon knockoff nowadays. The first four albums are amazing though.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:10 pm

I haven't heard the new one but I totally agree the older stuff from the 80s is top notch metal.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Tank is great bro! I first heard them on the NWOBHM 79' revisited discs I think.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:23 pm

I've kinda dug the very little that I heard from them but I've never seen their discs around for a decent price. I was checking out that box set they put out a few years ago. Seemed like a good place to start.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Good ol' NWOBHM. I love The Filth Hounds Of Hades & Power Of The Hunter, but after that I only know a few songs from the next few albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 am

Cool band. I hope their albums are easy to find.
Back to top Go down
STIGMATADOR
Metal novice
Metal novice
STIGMATADOR

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 am

I found Honour & Blood in a cut-out bin as a teen and was hooked. "Wasting My Life Away" is an epic track, but the whole album is good--even the silly Aretha Franklin cover.

)+(
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:02 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
The new one isn't worth buying imo. Tank without Algy isn't Tank. They sound more like a Saxon knockoff nowadays. The first four albums are amazing though.

I must not be a real Tank fan. Cause the new album with Doogie White is by far their best IMO. Great traditional HM. I prefer a Saxon knockoff than a Motorhead knock off.
And I do enjoy some of the older stuff, like This Means War and the one before.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:08 pm

I like the new Tank pretty well, but it is different....Doogie sounds great, though.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 am

I havent heard anything of theirs post 80s.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 am

Wait, wait...Doogie White is in Tank now??

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Sure is. I've read that lots of older Tank fans have not been kind to the new Tank album since Algy Ward has been replaced by Doogie.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yup, and sounds very good, I might add!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?   WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHOA! How did I miss out on TANK !?
Page 1 of 1