Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any TANK fan on this forum???

Go down 
+8
Muloc7253
rattpoison
DeathCult
James B.
nevermore
franang
SAHB Healer
krokus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Any TANK fan on this forum??? Empty
PostSubject: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 11:55 am

I love TANK. They were one of the heavier bands from the NWOBHM movement(together with WARFARE, ATOMKRAFT, or BLOODMONEY for exemple) but they were never realy popular. Do you like them? Whats your fave albums?.
Mine would be:
FILTH HOUNDS OF HADES
THIS MEANS WAR
and the more melodic TANK.
Also their comeback album STILL AT WAR from 2002 was realy good. They realy never released any bad albums or/and singles in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Yes, This Means War is a classic (just like something from hell); and I also Like Bllod and Honour. For some reason I think of them as the Bal-sagoth of the NWOBHM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 3:07 am

I like Tank a lot. "W.M.L.A." is a fantastic song...

)+(
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 7:16 am

I am happy that their are at least 2 TANK fans on this forum. HAIL TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm smurfing freak of Tank; Just bought the box on lp fews days ago. "Reign Of Thunder" is one hell of a song.
That's shame the vinyl box edition doesn't contain any bonus in opposition to the cds box one.
But we're still at war with Tank !!!!
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 4:24 pm

franang wrote:
I'm smurfing freak of Tank; Just bought the box on lp fews days ago. "Reign Of Thunder" is one hell of a song.
That's shame the vinyl box edition doesn't contain any bonus in opposition to the cds box one.
But we're still at war with Tank !!!!

I didnt know that the box set also came out on vinyls. I have all of their original vinyls and still love them till this day. TANK FOREVER 🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:24 pm

A buddy of mine recently burned me some cds of Filth Hounds Of Hades and This Means War. I was quite surprised by how good Tank are Especially since I had never heard them before.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:20 pm

I have a 2 lp set released by MFN called "welcome to the metal zone" and it has a song by Tank called "The War Drags Ever On" Dig the tune alot, wonder why I never checked em out ?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Great band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Love em, good alternative to Motorhead when i'm sick of em.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:32 pm

"She fell in love with a stoooooooorm trooper, yeah she did, yeah she did!"
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 3:33 pm

in some way Tank sounds a lot like Vulcain, or Vulcain sounds like Tank as you wish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:40 pm

I've heard the song Honour and Blood and it is very very good. I was about to buy the Honour and Blood album but ended up not getting it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:44 am

A bit too pricey for me, but this should satisfy any hard-core fans...

http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.18281/.f
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 2:16 pm

franang wrote:
in some way Tank sounds a lot like Vulcain, or Vulcain sounds like Tank as you wish

VULCAIN, the french answer to MOTORHEAD 🤘 🤘 . I have some vinyls of those guys and yes, being so strongly influenced by MOTORHEAD they also sounded like TANK a lot.
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:12 pm

if there're still some fans of Tank here I've added an interview answered by Cliff on my web site : http://franang.sts.free.fr/

Yopu can read it for free obviously

It seems moderators of this web site don't like Heavy Metal as they removed a topic about my web site and e zine. Or perhaps they removed it because there's no MP3 to download and the web site supports real Metal and not smurf poo like Nightwish

Heavy Metal is Thundering anyway !!!!! !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Quote :
It seems moderators of this web site don't like Heavy Metal

Man, have I been wasting allot of time.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:59 pm

franang wrote:
if there're still some fans of Tank here I've added an interview answered by Cliff on my web site : http://franang.sts.free.fr/

Yopu can read it for free obviously

It seems moderators of this web site don't like Heavy Metal as they removed a topic about my web site and e zine. Or perhaps they removed it because there's no MP3 to download and the web site supports real Metal and not smurf poo like Nightwish

Heavy Metal is Thundering anyway !!!!! !

Great franang that you put a TANK interviu on your web site. I will check it out.
Their are many people on this forum that love old NWOBHM, old and primative black/death/thrash ETC....but also fans of NIGHTWISH, PAT BENATAR or REO SPEEDWAGON and we have to respect that too. This forum is about heavy rock, heavy metal, metal, hard rock etc....and all that is part of it, from HARD AOR till BLACK METAL. I am no NIGHTWISH fan and i maybe even hate them but that band have many real heavy metal fans too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:27 pm

franang wrote:
not faggot smurf poo like Nightwish !

DallasBlack get the 12 gauge.

@frantang : Don't know what thread you are referring to (concerning deletion), the only one I've seen about your Zine is this one

http://www.heartofmetal.net/metal-market-f6/franang-zine-getting-ride-of-stock-t4138.htm

and concerning your remark about MP3's : a thread is likely to just get edited if there is Download links supplied.

Back to TANK,

I like em alot, I LOVE the track "(she fell in love with a) Stormtrooper", timeless classic.

Last edited by Locky on Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:18 pm

"She fell in love with a stoooormtrooper!"
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:34 pm

Locky wrote:
franang wrote:
not faggot smurf poo like Nightwish !

@frantang : Don't know what thread you are referring to (concerning deletion), the only one I've seen about your Zine is this one

http://www.heartofmetal.net/metal-market-f6/franang-zine-getting-ride-of-stock-t4138.htm

Yep, there was another topic about the e zine Franang zine does, but who cares now as it's been vanished
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:44 pm

I told you why that happened, franang. You came here and the firs 2 or 3 posts were nothing but links to your site, otherwise known as spam. You told me you understood, and wanted to try and participate to the board like all other memgers. So why you are still trying to pull something here, I donæt know. All I know is if you keep up with the bad langauge, and otherwise crap posts, then you will be gone as fast this time, as the last time.

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Let's just make an example and ban this elitist douche right now. Any objections?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:21 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Let's just make an example and ban this elitist douche right now. Any objections?

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:04 pm

I love this band!

I have the box set with all of their albums, a ton of bonus tracks and a DVD. It is really worth it for the Tank fan.

My fave track would probably be The War Drags Ever On. That song is epic. 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any TANK fan on this forum???   Any TANK fan on this forum??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any TANK fan on this forum???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next