Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tank any good?

Go down 
+7
Dave the Boss
JDC
Metallic Blaze
JBall_Z
Lurideath
ultmetal
fingers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:10 am

Just want to know what your thoughts are and what's the best album by them and ultmetal how come you haven't got any of their albums?
I also read in Lemmy's autobiography he said they split up because they were in whipped relationships with their girlfriends lol
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 am

Yes. Classic NWOBHM.

I have Power of the Hunter and This Means War on vinyl. Don't have any on CD, thus they are not on my site yet.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Great band!
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:31 pm

I have Honour & Blood on CD. I really like it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:31 pm

I was never much into this band until I realized that one of my favorite bands (Sodom), who I owned everything from - covers a lot of Tank songs in their catalogue. B-sides, etc.

Anyway ... I got into Tank this way. I'm currently only a 'casual' fan though. Simply because I need more of their stuff. Which I will someday have.

Tank any good? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:56 am

The Accused did a cover of "Filth Hounds Of Hades" on thier Oh Martha! album
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:13 am

I love Tank. Imo everything they did in the 1980s is classic, though I have to say I like Filth Hounds of Hades and This Means War best.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 am

I have one CD and it's OK but not really my thing. I guess if you love MOTORHEAD you might lijke it.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Great band. Gotta love "Echoes of a Distant Battle" and "Stepping on a Land Mine."
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:06 am

Well I just got into Tank and boy have I missed out. They difinitely have that NWOBHM sound. And to me they have a sound and vocals close to Saxon. I just got their latest one on cd.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:37 pm

The Tank box set is item number one on my wants list.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:42 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Well I just got into Tank and boy have I missed out. They difinitely have that NWOBHM sound. And to me they have a sound and vocals close to Saxon. I just got their latest one on cd.

Wargod51

Yeah, the latest one is completely different from their earlier albums. The old stuff sounds nothing like Saxon. The first two albums are very Motorhead-influenced, while the stuff from the late 80s is uh... more like Motorhead meets Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tank any good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank any good?   Tank any good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tank any good?
Page 1 of 1