Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS

Go down 
+14
Wargod
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
nevermore
mez
Eyesore
manny
krokus
Thrasher73
DeathCult
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Just saw this on Blabbermouth. Bummer news. Sad

DIRTY LOOKS Frontman HENRIK OSTERGAARD Dies - Jan. 27, 2011

Henrik Ostergaard, lead singer for the band DIRTY LOOKS, passed away today (Thursday, January 27) at 9:18 a.m. The cause of death at this time is unknown and the results of the autopsy are pending.

Ostergaard, who was of Danish descent, lived in Erie, Pennsylvania.

In 1985, Henrik started DIRTY LOOKS. Three independent albums and an EP soon followed, which led to DIRTY LOOKS getting signed by Atlantic Records. Henrik was later picked up by Sony and most recently FnA Records through which DIRTY LOOKS released a new album, "I.C.U.", in 2010.

Ostergaard is survived by his two children, Henrik Jr. and Elliot.

R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Henriksolo

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Well, that sucks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! What the hell happened? I just spoke to him on the phone not too long ago.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:13 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Any other source beside Blabbermouth this might be posted at? I really hope this is a hoax or something.

Henrik confided in me that he had given his life to Christ and was struggling to balance his new found faith and his rock and roll lifestyle. It was a big struggle for him.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Any other source beside Blabbermouth this might be posted at? I really hope this is a hoax or something.

It's also on Dirty Looks' site so I'd say it's pretty dang official. Sorry Ult. I know you're a big fan.

http://www.dirtylooksmusic.com/updates.shtml

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 pm

Aw damn, that sucks. I was just starting to get back into them too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Sad news,R.I.P
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Very very sad news. They were releasing great albums every year. Sad sad sad.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Never listened to this band's music but that sucks that he passed away, R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Latest Blabbermouth update sez the coroner has deemed Henrik's cause of death to be "natural causes" ... make of that what you will, I guess. 47 seems like hella youn for "natural causes" but one article I read also sez that he nearly died from alcohol poisoning a few years ago, which of course would've left a lot of residual damage...

Either way, it's a shame. DL was a cool band.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Way too many young people are dying of "natural causes" these days. Either it's some absurd PC initiative, or we're being poisoned by the things we consume. Taco Bell "beef," for instance.

Either way, this is a bummer. Such a great band.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Terrible news. Once again a band that slipped passed me in my teens, and apparently he lived just 2 hours north of me. How did this band escape me back then.

Anyhow Ult, it is terrible news and I am sorry you lost a friend as well as a band you enjoyed, but it sounds like by recent choices you will meet him again someday, and even though it is very sad now, you can take the fact that he found God a blessing and comfort in all this.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Aw damn, that sucks. I was just starting to get back into them too.

Same here. Terrible news.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:28 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:10 am

manny wrote:
Never listened to this band's music but that sucks that he passed away, R.I.P.

Same here. I was pretty shocked to read that initial post.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:18 am

I just started to listen to Dirty Looks with my first DL album around the beginning of the year. That sucks, but at least he had given his life to Christ before he died so at least he's in a better place.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:15 am

Yes RIP Henrik, I'm confussed on natural causes as well. Oh well he will be missed.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:10 pm

http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/01/28/dirty-looks-frontman-henrik-ostergaard-dies/

Sad story, but how does one die at the age of 47 and some reports say "natural causes" and yet this reports he was in hospice care. It just doesnt make sense. I feel bad for his kids as well.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:41 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:58 pm

mez wrote:
http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/01/28/dirty-looks-frontman-henrik-ostergaard-dies/

Sad story, but how does one die at the age of 47 and some reports say "natural causes" and yet this reports he was in hospice care. It just doesnt make sense. I feel bad for his kids as well.

Being in hospice care makes me wonder if he had cancer? Or if his bout with alcoholism left him with serosis of the liver? Not really "natural causes" but those things have crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:11 pm

This is very sad news, but I am happy to hear that he gave his life to Christ. Thanks Ult.
May Henrik rest in peace.

I've always loved Cool From The Wire and Turn Of The Screw.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:41 pm

SAD SAD indeed. Sorry to hear it. DL was one of those bands I always wanted to see, but never got around to it... a complete shame considering I live in PA.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 5:16 pm

I just found out this news today - listening to them on you tube - saw some comments.

"The Erie County, Pennsylvania coroner stated that he had died of liver failure while under hospice care."
( Liver was shot )

As a side note - On February 5, 2010, bassist Greg Pianka was stabbed to death
in a bar brawl at Hi & Dri Pub along West Lake Road in Erie, PA just after 11:30pm.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS   R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS
Page 1 of 1