Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dirty Looks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 2:28 pm

Anyone have the latest DIRTY LOOKS CD yet? What do you think? Waiting for my copy to show up in my mailbox.

ult

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Haha. This is your third thread on this new CD. lol!

Did you get the recent reissue from Perris with the bonus tracks?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:21 pm

I don't know which one I got. I'm still waiting for it. I ordered it WAYYYY back when, so I'm sure it's the original pressing, not the Perris version.

ult

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:04 pm

Let me know how it is...I ove DIRTY LOOKS...

I only own "Cool From The Wire" and "One Bad Leg"

there is a cpy of "Rip It Out" at a local used shop....for $40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:11 pm

The new CD is supposed to be really good, from what I've heard. I don't own any Dirty Looks CDs, actually, but I've been looking for ages. They're expensive around here. I could go out now and snag a used copy of Five Easy Pieces with a hole punch through the entire booklet...for $25. Pffft!
Back to top Go down

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:12 pm

Shiney wrote:
there is a cpy of "Rip It Out" at a local used shop....for $40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you know what I mean! lol!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:15 pm

I got my copy of RUMBLEDOG there for $40 (but I didn't realy pay money for it I traded in a smattering of crap cds and dvds and used store credit.....)

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Shiney wrote:
I got my copy of RUMBLEDOG there for $40 (but I didn't realy pay money for it I traded in a smattering of crap cds and dvds and used store credit.....)
Are they that rare?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:41 pm

From what I've read on some other boards, the songs on the new Dirty Looks are good but the production is terrible and the packaging is el cheap-O...
Back to top Go down

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:52 pm

...and I hear the booklet causes paper cuts.....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm

It's already been released? CD Universe has it being released on Nov. 13. Oh well.

Ult, I'm definitely looking forward to this. A co-work of mine turned me onto Cool from the Wire years ago, so I ordered if from CDUniverse.com. It's one of my favorite albums and I was able to snag a used copy of Chewing on the Bit off eBay not too long after that.

Other than that, I'm having the same problems other people are: I can find DL albums, but they're too expensive!

The best way to remedy that is for Dirty Looks to release new stuff. Smile Hopefully Perris will distribute it enough so it shows up locally at FYE/Best Buy...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:12 pm

You can get it on CDBaby now.

Administrator
ultmetal

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:41 pm

Ugh!!!! Still waiting. No

Administrator
ultmetal

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:53 am

Finally arrived. Listening to it now. Sounds like Dirty Looks. Might take a listen or two to really digest it.

Packaging is CHEAP. No booklet, no liner notes, not even a list of who the musicians in the band currently are.

Administrator
ultmetal

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Have listened to this twice today already. Sound GREAT to me! Doesn't quite have the pop hooks of "In Your Face" or "Cool from the Wire", but has plenty of musical hooks. Good production. Not overpolished. Henrik sounds great. He has that Bon Scott slurrrr, but seems to have a bit more grit like Steven Tyler.

Curious as to what's going on in the lyrics. On the inside right corner of the digi, there is a Christian fish symbol. Also, there is a song called "I Am that I Am". I wonder if Henrik is expressing some Christian beliefs?

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Packaging is CHEAP. No booklet, no liner notes, not even a list of who the musicians in the band currently are.
Shocked

Cheap S.O.B.s! Dang, can't even list band members? Kinko's charging that much these days per letter?

Good to hear you're enjoying, I'm sure I will as well, once I get around to ordering it, because it's definitely not for sale in the area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dirty Looks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks   Dirty Looks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dirty Looks
Page 1 of 1