Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another new Dirty Looks CD...

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Another new Dirty Looks CD... Empty
PostSubject: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Quote :
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!

Attention DIRTY LOOKS fans...

October 2nd. 2008 will see the release of the brand new DIRTY LOOKS CD
"CALIFORNIA FREE RIDE". This latest weapon in the band's arsonal
explodes with ten tracks of killer tunes guaranteed to blow away the
Fall/Winter blues with a heavy dose of down and dirty hard rock power.
"CALIFORNIA FREE RIDE" hits stores on October 5th. You can get advance
copies of "CALIFORNIA FREE RIDE" NOW at PERRIS RECORDS.com

The first date of the "FREE RIDE" tour rolls into the WARNER THEATER
in Erie, PA on Sunday October 5th. 2008 at 6:00 pm (Early Show).
Expect more of the band's BIG ROCK sound In Your Face !

You can also get NEW very cool cover art for the DIRTY LOOKS CD "SUPER
DELUXE" Now at CDBABY.com

That sucks that they re-released Super Deluxe already with a different cover! I have the cheesy grey cover. The new cover is much better.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Yeesh, that's what, their third CD in a year? They're certainly making up for all the time that they were broken up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:46 pm

Holy cow, ANOTHER one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Scott, did you post this identical thread a few months ago...for another album? Haha.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:33 pm

This is one busy band!! I need to pick up some of these newer releases.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Scott, did you post this identical thread a few months ago...for another album? Haha.

Yes. I did. Amazing how quick they are pumping them out.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 pm

Wow...already?! On the want/need list...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:26 am

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I wonder how much of these albums' songs were just leftovers from Gasoline or if they're just ALWAYS writing new stuff.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:56 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I wonder how much of these albums' songs were just leftovers from Gasoline or if they're just ALWAYS writing new stuff.

Talked with Henrick on the phone a couple days ago. Cool guy.

All these songs are new and written with guitarist Paul Lidel.

Gasoline was written by Henrick without the help of Paul. Paul returned for "Superdeluxe", which I think it a great album as well.

ult

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:57 am

I don't like this one at all. There's very little melody IMO. I wish they'd choose quality over quantity.

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:57 am

ultmetal wrote:

ult

How did that happen? Is his number listed in the Big Book of Rock Stars or something? Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
I don't like this one at all. There's very little melody IMO. I wish they'd choose quality over quantity.

Did you like Superdeluxe?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:01 am

ultmetal wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Did you like Superdeluxe?

I didn't get Superdeluxe. I bought Gasoline and was sort of underwhelmed; it's not bad but I wanted Cool From The Wire II. I got California Free Ride as part of NEH's no shipping sale in September and I never even made it through the whole thing.

If Superdeluxe sounds like CFR, I'm glad I skipped it.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:06 am

I like it. Only heard California Free Ride once so far.

Between the three, I prefer Superdeluxe. I double checked and I am incorrect on Paul Lidel playing guitar on California Free Ride. He only played on Superdeluxe and the bonus tracks on the re-issue of Gasoline. The guitarist on California Free Ride is Eric Brewer.

Superdeluxe is the only album of the three new releases that has the Cool from the Wire line-up of Vocals/Guitar: Henrik Ostergaard, Bass: Jack Pyers, and Guitar: Paul Lidel.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 am

BTW, has anyone noticed that all three of the last CDs have the little "Christian fish" symbol in 'em? Lyrics aren't Christian, although I did detect a change in Henrick's writing.

spectrefate wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

How did that happen? Is his number listed in the Big Book of Rock Stars or something? Smile

Ha! No. If you find that book though, I'd like to give Steven Tyler and Ace Frehley a call. Henrick contacted me through my website and asked me to call him, so I did.

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:13 am

You are a fortunate man, ultmetal Waters. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:34 am

tohostudios wrote:

Are you sure you gave this CD a proper spin? There's plenty of melody. This sounds like classic Dirty Looks to me.

Still think Superdeluxe is the best of the three, but California Free Ride is good too. I'm listening to it for a second time now. The tile track and Burning Rain could have easily have been on Cool from the Wire or In Your Face.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:37 am

It just sounds to me like every song only has two notes.

I still have it in the car so I'll spin it again when I go home for lunch. Wouldn't be the first time I judged a CD too harshly after one listen.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 am

There's a mistake in the track listing on the back of the CD. Probably intentional. It should be:

1. "California Free Ride"
2. "Look in the Mirror"
3. "Burning Rain"
4. "Only Child"
5. "Under My Skin"
6. "Strong Man"
7. "Come to My Party"
8. "Shake That Thing"
9. "Brass Bed"
10. "Clear Thought" [unlisted track]
11. "Trip the Light" [live]

Track ten is not listed. It's a weird track and sounds like it may be some sort of declaration of faith. The live version of "Trip the Light" sounds suspiciously NOT live with crowd noise added. Great song off Chewing on the Bit though.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:20 am

tohostudios wrote:

I still have it in the car so I'll spin it again when I go home for lunch. Wouldn't be the first time I judged a CD too harshly after one listen.

Did you give this CD a few more spins? The more I listen the more I like it. Honestly, if people like Turn of the Screw or Cool from the Wire, I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy this album. The production is a bit heavier and more raw, but the songwriting is typical of Dirty Looks sound. Guitar solos still abound. Vocals are still the same. Lots of sing-along hooks. May take a listen or two to really begin to get into it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:39 am

ultmetal wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Did you give this CD a few more spins? The more I listen the more I like it. Honestly, if people like Turn of the Screw or Cool from the Wire, I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy this album. The production is a bit heavier and more raw, but the songwriting is typical of Dirty Looks sound. Guitar solos still abound. Vocals are still the same. Lots of sing-along hooks. May take a listen or two to really begin to get into it.

Not yet. I inundated myself with new CDs and I'm still trying to listen my way out.

PostSubject: Re: Another new Dirty Looks CD...   Another new Dirty Looks CD... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another new Dirty Looks CD...
Page 1 of 1