Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Occupations on this board

Go down 
+34
Hamer12
Joe
Required Fields
Lari
holydiver97595
Lurideath
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
Wargod
QuothTheRaven
mc666
Addy
James B.
stevegarveyfan
EvyMetal
Leatherface
bassman
Sutekh
exact33
Ricky
chewie
tohostudios
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
allthingsmetal
Garrison4JC
shamgar75
Alex Dee Rokket
Olafsto
metalken
Gilbert
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Occupations on this board - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Congrats DB! That's great.

I live next to a lake over here. The running joke when we were kids is that you could get a job baiting hooks for the elderly. After a couple of years you could get a promotion and become the Master baitor! Razz

lame, I know. We were kids.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I HAVA A JOB!!!!!

In two weeks, I will start my automotive career as a lube tech for Toyota Of Plano. It is flag hours (meaning I only get paid for the work I do) but I was assured that they stay busy over there so that shouldn't be a problem.

Singing:

Good-bye Wal-Mart
Good-bye Wal-Mart
Good-bye Wal-Mart
You can kiss my a$$!

Very Happy

Congrats on your new job! I wish you all the best!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks everybody! This is something I've waited for since this past Summer and I'm glad it's finally arrived.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:20 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Thanks everybody! This is something I've waited for since this past Summer and I'm glad it's finally arrived.

so how big of a smile will be on your face when you tell your wally world supervisor?

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 am

Shop foreman at a mid sized Chevy dealer. Congrats DB. I used to deliver cars to Toyota of Plano back in the day. I have to go to school in Garland a bunch here soon, might stop by & say howdy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 am

Congrats to ya DB!I work at a Chevy Dealer in parts.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks. I know this is what I need to do because the only other auto job I would be able to get is a porter which is even lower than the position I'm taking. However, I'm starting to have my doubts about how whether or not I will be OK financially. I did't ask and they didn't tell me how much I will be making but research points to about $10 an hour. That is a few bucks less than I make now but I also wasn't working and nor would I get full time. The flat rate thing is also starting to eat at my mind. What if it takes me a while get into the groove of things and I do several jobs in more time than is allowed (i.e. getting paid for 15 minutes of work when it takes me 20)? However, I'm thinking my second guessing is just a typical reaction to stepping out of your comfort zone and going into to a new field of work. I know this is what needs to be done but I can't help but feeling like I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I'ts too late to turn back so I must have faith that this is the right decision. It might be rough for the next year but I'm sure it will work out for the better in the end.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 am

Try not to overthink it, dude. Do you want to work a job at Walmart for the rest of your life or do you want to start a career in the automotive industry? Ya gotta start somewhere.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Yeah DB, think positively. Yes, you are starting at a lower pay, but think about over time which place you will end making more money. And most importantly, where you will be more happy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Joe wrote:
Yeah DB, think positively. Yes, you are starting at a lower pay, but think about over time which place you will end making more money. And most importantly, where you will be more happy.

That's exactly what allows me to sleep at night. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:47 pm

It's official; I've been hired for the new job! I have orientation tomorrow, and training begins on Monday morning!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 pm

Congratulations, we both have found employment!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 pm

DB,you can make good money working on commision in a shop especially one that does alot of business like a Toyota Dealer.Dont worry dude,just do your best and you'll be ok.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Thanks. I know this is what I need to do because the only other auto job I would be able to get is a porter which is even lower than the position I'm taking. However, I'm starting to have my doubts about how whether or not I will be OK financially. I did't ask and they didn't tell me how much I will be making but research points to about $10 an hour. That is a few bucks less than I make now but I also wasn't working and nor would I get full time. The flat rate thing is also starting to eat at my mind. What if it takes me a while get into the groove of things and I do several jobs in more time than is allowed (i.e. getting paid for 15 minutes of work when it takes me 20)? However, I'm thinking my second guessing is just a typical reaction to stepping out of your comfort zone and going into to a new field of work. I know this is what needs to be done but I can't help but feeling like I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I'ts too late to turn back so I must have faith that this is the right decision. It might be rough for the next year but I'm sure it will work out for the better in the end.

the overthinking comes with every new change. I felt the same way when i left my last employer. You will be fine and in the long run it will be a much better experience and you will be even more employable for the next job. Its hard to think of that now but I would kick myself 1000x if I didnt go with the company I am with now.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

the overthinking comes with every new change. I felt the same way when i left my last employer. You will be fine and in the long run it will be a much better experience and you will be even more employable for the next job. Its hard to think of that now but I would kick myself 1000x if I didnt go with the company I am with now.

Same here. I took a pay cut to come here 16 years ago. Best career move I ever made.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I get paid on a base salary plus commission rate and it works out great for me. It was making me nervous at first, I worried that I wouldn't be productive enough to make good money on the commission side, but even now in this down economy I'm doing better than ever. A lot of the jobs I do take about 25-30 min. normally but if I take 40 min. it doesn't pay any more. You just learn to deal with it when you have a day that stuff doesn't go right. Eventually you get into the groove of it and things go smoother. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:17 pm

bassman wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I get paid on a base salary plus commission rate and it works out great for me. It was making me nervous at first, I worried that I wouldn't be productive enough to make good money on the commission side, but even now in this down economy I'm doing better than ever. A lot of the jobs I do take about 25-30 min. normally but if I take 40 min. it doesn't pay any more. You just learn to deal with it when you have a day that stuff doesn't go right. Eventually you get into the groove of it and things go smoother. Good Luck!

either that or its beans for dinner!!! lol!

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:46 pm

exact33 wrote:
bassman wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

What do you mean, beans? Beans is for rich folks, we eat PB&J around here when the budget is tight.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:19 pm

bassman wrote:
exact33 wrote:
bassman wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

What do you mean, beans? Beans is for rich folks, we eat PB&J around here when the budget is tight.

well I normally send the kids out to graze on the lawn when things are tight so PB&J sounds good!! They complain but I tell them they have it good - in the olden days the grass was black and white...

Last edited by exact33 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:26 pm

exact33 wrote:
bassman wrote:
exact33 wrote:
bassman wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

well I normally send the kids out to graze on the lawn when things are tight so PB&J sounds good!! They complain but I tell them they have it good - in the olden days the grass was black and white...

I remember those days, nobody had shoes, school was 4 miles to walk uphill both ways, and baths were once a week whether you needed it or not. Occupations on this board - Page 5 251456
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Congrats RF. DB, you'll be fine man, everyday remind yourself: it's not Wal Mart, it's not Wal Mart.........
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:58 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
everyday remind yourself: it's not Wal Mart, it's not Wal Mart.........

Always remember that!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

chewie wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
everyday remind yourself: it's not Wal Mart, it's not Wal Mart.........

Always remember that!!!

All I had to do was go to work and I was comfortable with leaving this job. Remember, it's not Wal-Mart itself. I have gotten better pay here than any othe other 4 retail stores I've worked with and the benefits are decent. However, customers, management, and incompetent co-employees (mostly the day crew) are unbearable. My problems are 80% customers, 15% current management, and 5% other employees. Outside factors are the hours. I've had enough of the night life. Unless you had a social life before, working over nights make it almost impossible to attain one. Having this place to go to for socializing is great, but I don't want to be one of those sad individuals whose only life is a cyber life. I need a real life and part-time employment on nights in the retail field cannot provide that.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
[Having this place to go to for socializing is great, but I don't want to be one of those sad individuals whose only life is a cyber life. I need a real life and part-time employment on nights in the retail field cannot provide that.

Occupations on this board - Page 5 19976

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:44 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
[Having this place to go to for socializing is great, but I don't want to be one of those sad individuals whose only life is a cyber life. I need a real life and part-time employment on nights in the retail field cannot provide that.

Occupations on this board - Page 5 19976

Come on, I wasn't refering to you and you know it! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Occupations on this board
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next