Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally moved into my new house

Go down 
+9
chewie
kmorg
bassman
thejokeriv
tohostudios
exact33
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I love it when August hits and some of my neighbors are outside sweating their butts off while they cut their grass. Not me; I stay in the air conditioning and watch my lawn guys cut it.

But in all honesty, most of the homeowners in my subdivision hire someone to cut their grass. I just happen to be sandwiched between two families who'd rather do it themselves.

I am old fashioned I guess - I like to do it myself. I get that people dont like to do it but to each their own I guess.

When it's 95 degrees outside and the humidity is about the same as the temp, I prefer someone else cut my grass.

You live too far north Exact.

And Dallas is even FURTHER south than I am.

Two words Dallas: LAWN SERVICE
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I love it when August hits and some of my neighbors are outside sweating their butts off while they cut their grass. Not me; I stay in the air conditioning and watch my lawn guys cut it.

But in all honesty, most of the homeowners in my subdivision hire someone to cut their grass. I just happen to be sandwiched between two families who'd rather do it themselves.

I am old fashioned I guess - I like to do it myself. I get that people dont like to do it but to each their own I guess.

When it's 95 degrees outside and the humidity is about the same as the temp, I prefer someone else cut my grass.

actually not - We get the 95 degree temps with 95% humidity here in Maryland. When it gets that hot - I cut in the morning or late evening (barring thunderstorms of course).

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

actually not - We get the 95 degree temps with 95% humidity here in Maryland. When it gets that hot - I cut in the morning or late evening (barring thunderstorms of course).

For $30, I'll pay someone else to sweat their asses off.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

For $30, I'll pay someone else to sweat their asses off.

lol!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 pm

That's what it costs me to pay the service to cut my grass and do the trimming and edging.

It's a deal IMO.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:48 pm

BTW DB,

I wouldn't let the economics of hiring a lawn service sway a decision to buy a home.

Fortunately, I can afford to pay someone else to do my lawn but that wasn't even a consideration when I was looking into buying a house. I could do my own yardwork if I had to.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:17 pm

They even have Ghetto shiekh landscape designs now!!

Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 DSCN8245-225x300

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Me too - I live in Virginia, same weather, and do the same thing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:23 pm

All I can say is I eagerly await the day when my sons are big enough to push the damn lawn mower around so I can sit on the deck with a PBR and watch them do it!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW DB,

I wouldn't let the economics of hiring a lawn service sway a decision to buy a home.

Fortunately, I can afford to pay someone else to do my lawn but that wasn't even a consideration when I was looking into buying a house. I could do my own yardwork if I had to.

I can do so also, it's actually a condition for living at my dad's. As a matter of fact I probably need to start raking leaves here soon. If I wait til the end of winter (like I usually do) then it just makes it harder.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 pm

I must cut my own grass and trim my own shrubs, no one else ever does it quite right. My wife got mad at me one day and while I was at work she decided to " trim " the bushes. What she really did was butcher them to the point that it took a full year before they looked decent again. I try to stay on her good side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally moved into my new house
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3