Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally moved into my new house

Go down 
+9
chewie
kmorg
bassman
thejokeriv
tohostudios
exact33
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Finally moved into my new house Empty
PostSubject: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Well its not a "NEW" house but I moved into my grandfathers old house. He passed away a few months ago so my gf and I are living there. Eventually I'll be having a mortgage to pay, just have to wait for some things with the house to go through in March. I really hope I can handle all this. The house needs some work, but I shouldn't have to do anything major any time soon just a lot of repainting and updating a few things.

Right now I don't have any internet hooked up so I won't be around as much until monday or tuesday when I'm suppose to get it all hooked up. they were suppose to come Wednesday but we got a huge snow storm so they canceled. I left my computer at my fathers house so I can come online when I get a chance. I still have a few things left here anyway so its not like I'm just stopping by to use the internet haha. Which actually isn't working right so now I have to figure that out before I really don't have anything to come back here for. My father wouldn't know a thing about the router or modem, but its not like I do either haha.

Anyway, I'll be popping in when I get a chance.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Good luck, dude. Being a homo, er, uh, home-owner is a big responsibility. Start writing your never ending "things I need to do/fix/throw-out" list now.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Good luck, bro. As MG71 sez, moving into a house is just the start of a "to do" list that will never EVER be finished...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Good luck, dude. Being a homo, er, uh, home-owner is a big responsibility. Start writing your never ending "things I need to do/fix/throw-out" list now.

+20000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Its like being married to the house and your life....

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Yep. I bought my house 6 years ago and it's totally rearranged my priorities. In fact, this spring I'm getting rid of my Mitsubishi Eclipse and getting an SUV because there's not enough cargo space in the Eclipse. That never bothered me before I had a house. Had my house painted last summer, Bought a new furnace/AC last Feb, next up: new windows.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yep. I bought my house 6 years ago and it's totally rearranged my priorities. In fact, this spring I'm getting rid of my Mitsubishi Eclipse and getting an SUV because there's not enough cargo space in the Eclipse. That never bothered me before I had a house. Had my house painted last summer, Bought a new furnace/AC last Feb, next up: new windows.

heh! I bought a truck cause I knew I had to haul stuff. I think I got rid of my last house just before the roof and HVAC were going. They had it inspected and said it was good but I dont believe it.

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:46 pm

My condolences.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:51 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

heh! I bought a truck cause I knew I had to haul stuff. I think I got rid of my last house just before the roof and HVAC were going. They had it inspected and said it was good but I dont believe it.

In the (at the time) 5 years since I lived here, I'd already sunk over 1K into the HVAC. Then last Feb I got an offer from the original installer to put in a new one at a discounted rate and I would qualify for the $1500 tax credit. Basically I got a $5500 HVAC for about $3200.

Still a lot of cash but since the thing had already cost me a grand I decided to jump on it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:52 pm

BTW, this is stuff that as a long-time renter, I never had to worry about.

Buying a house opens up a whole new horizon of ways to spend money.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Congrats!!!!!! I own and have since 99 - it is great. No more throwing money out the window for rent!!!!! Plus great tax write off!!!!!! Home ownership rules!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Congrats!!!!!! I own and have since 99 - it is great. No more throwing money out the window for rent!!!!! Plus great tax write off!!!!!! Home ownership rules!!!!!

Yeah, it does.

But there's no denying it's also expensive.

But the luxury of not sharing a common wall with someone (as in apartment living) more than makes up for the expense IMO.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yeah, it does.

But there's no denying it's also expensive.

But the luxury of not sharing a common wall with someone (as in apartment living) more than makes up for the expense IMO.

Agree!!!! That's why we moved from into a single family home from a town house
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:36 pm

I bought my house 9 years ago, My project this spring is to get siding put on it because I am NOT painting it again. I also need to pull up the carpet in the dining room and refinish the lovely original hardwood from when the house was built in 1920. I've done all the other rooms and they look great. But all that is a small price to pay 'cause I bought it CHEAP!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:26 pm

bassman wrote:
I bought my house 9 years ago, My project this spring is to get siding put on it because I am NOT painting it again. I also need to pull up the carpet in the dining room and refinish the lovely original hardwood from when the house was built in 1920. I've done all the other rooms and they look great. But all that is a small price to pay 'cause I bought it CHEAP!

nice!

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 pm

exact33 wrote:
bassman wrote:

nice!

Nice is right! Got to love cheap livin'. Just means my wife has more disposable income for garage sales, purses, and shoes though.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:46 am

Best of luck with the new/old place, Wayne.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 am

kmorg wrote:

if you hear water running above you wayne, dont pay any attention. Those sounds naturally fix themselves Laughing

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:31 am

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

if you hear water running above you wayne, dont pay any attention. Those sounds naturally fix themselves Laughing

Ahhhh yes. The old "ignore it long enough and it will go away method". Good advice for a homeowner. Not so good nagging wives.

HIIII-YOOOOOOO!!!

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:33 pm

An endless list of what you want to fix and then change.....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 pm

How old is this house?
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Wayne, congratulations! I guess with some new bills now you wont be collecting many more cds? Lol
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Wayne can now sing: "I Owe I Owe, its off to work I go!!"

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Finally got the internet and cable hooked up so I'm back in business. I don't know Stan, we'll see how things go. I just bought a bunch of stuff at the FYE store thats closing. Couldn't pass up 50% off. I think thats going to be it for a while though. I have a few more things on the way in the mail though.

Troublezone- I have no idea I think it was built in the 60's maybe 70's.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, this is stuff that as a long-time renter, I never had to worry about.

Buying a house opens up a whole new horizon of ways to spend money.

As my dad constantly tells me, people are too hung up on owning a house they never factor in all the added costs. On paper it looks like it's cheaper than renting but when you factor everything else, in the long run it's much more expensive. My dad can't wait til I move out so he can sell the house and get rid of a major headache. He's even told me that if the house catches on fire, to not be in a hurry to call the fire department (still not sure if he was joking or not).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Trust me, owning a home is worth it.

Yeah, it can be a moneypit but between the fact of not sharing a common wall with a stranger and the pride of ownership, it's totally worth it.

I kick myself daily for renting for so long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally moved into my new house   Finally moved into my new house Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally moved into my new house
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next