Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any fans of Steel Vengeance?

Go down 
+14
tjchad
Mujer Serene
325ad
stormspell
krokus
kmorg
Fat Freddy
speed101
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
James B.
ultmetal
Zdan
Glenn Rogers
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 pm

stormspell wrote:
Finding the right affordable studio to handle such type of project without killing the dynamics and cranking up the compression to 11 a-la Death Magnetic style is very tough task these days. Especially for small labels like me with a limited budgets to operate with... I'm open to all suggestions and tips in regards to this matter!

Don't think I was bagging on you man, I really wasn't. I understand completely how hard it is to strike the right balance between affordable and quality. You and your label to a fantastic job!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 am

stormspell wrote:
Finding the right affordable studio to handle such type of project without killing the dynamics and cranking up the compression to 11 a-la Death Magnetic style is very tough task these days. Especially for small labels like me with a limited budgets to operate with... I'm open to all suggestions and tips in regards to this matter!

Have you ever tried Cliffy from Steinhaus?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Yes I have. Cliffy is a nice guy to work with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:00 pm

I too would to see a reissue and remastered job of the entire catalog. I still have Prisoners on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Mujer Serene
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mujer Serene

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:51 pm

ME im listening to them right now!!!! ! Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 395375
Back to top Go down
tjchad
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Just wanted to see if anyone knew about this band?

Sure do- bought my first car off of Mike Wickstrom- piece of crap Duster that burned so much oil I got pulled over 'cuz the cop couldn't see the back of the car! Fun times in Muskegon! My stepbrother used to do illustrations for Sledge Hammer Press about that time.

And Stormspell is right- Mike is a very cool guy- at least he was when I knew him briefly back in '83-84... We had a fun metal scene then.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
From what I undetstand, Heaven & Hell Records contacted them about reissues and was unsuccessful...

Looks like Heaven and Hell Records is selling the Black Dragon reissues: http://www.soundsofpurgatory.com/index.aspx?page=4

Scroll down the page mid way.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:23 am

The question is, who reissued them?
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:23 am

stormspell wrote:
The question is, who reissued them?

When you click on the additional info tabs, all say the label is Black Dragon Records.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Well, the thing is, unless I'm not mistaken, the only SV album which was originally released on CD format by Black Dragon was "Live Among the Dead" compilation and it fetches $50+ on eBay. The rest were released on LP/MC only.

Since Black Dragon is not active label, the logic dictates those could be some sort of unofficial releases. Just saying you know...
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:57 pm

stormspell wrote:
Well, the thing is, unless I'm not mistaken, the only SV album which was originally released on CD format by Black Dragon was "Live Among the Dead" compilation and it fetches $50+ on eBay. The rest were released on LP/MC only.

Since Black Dragon is not active label, the logic dictates those could be some sort of unofficial releases. Just saying you know...

Hmmm... very intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:10 pm

Once a year I get a letter from Black Dragon. It is a list of LP's and cd's they still have in stock....

FYI the drummer John Draper unearthed 2 live video's...We want to put out a dvd of the shows....They contain mostly un released songs....We just need a company to want to do it....
If you go to my Facebook Wall there is a video on one song....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:13 pm

I tried to buy the CD's from Sounds Of Purgatory, but were declined scratch

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:16 pm

kmorg wrote:

Obviously, they are predjudiced against Norwegians. Your currency smells of lutefisk. Wink

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Obviously, they are predjudiced against Norwegians. Your currency smells of lutefisk. Wink

Sucks to be them! My money smell oil! lol!

Metal novice
Metal novice
marshall davis

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 pm

To ALL STEEL VENGEANCE FANS....We have now Just re issued the 1st three albums on CD threw Metal Mind Productions. They are called The Remasters which include rare bonus video's /Bonus Songs/New Artwork.Digipak with fold out with very rare stuff from our past. These are going to be limited pressings of each of the three CD's. Get them NOW while they last.....Any feedback on anyone who already bought any of the re issues would be appriciated. Thanks and Rock on....Marshall
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:16 pm

marshall davis wrote:
To ALL STEEL VENGEANCE FANS....We have now Just re issued the 1st three albums on CD threw Metal Mind Productions. They are called The Remasters which include rare bonus video's /Bonus Songs/New Artwork.Digipak with fold out with very rare stuff from our past. These are going to be limited pressings of each of the three CD's. Get them NOW while they last.....Any feedback on anyone who already bought any of the re issues would be appriciated. Thanks and Rock on....Marshall

What about - Never Lettin Go? This is the one I want on Cd! headbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:13 am

Awesome news!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:24 am

New artwork? Why? Original art by Eric Larnoy is so unique and cult... it is almost a heresy not to use it
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:16 pm

stormspell wrote:
New artwork? Why? Original art by Eric Larnoy is so unique and cult... it is almost a heresy not to use it

Perhaps it's a case of copyright matters?

Metal novice
Metal novice
marshall davis

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:54 pm

If you check out The Remasters, You might find a little something from Never Lettin Go on The Remasters re issues. Speaking of Never Lettin Go, one of the songs off that album will be on a Compilation CD with SOUNDS OF METAL out of Spain,,,,,, In Regards to Eric Larony's art work, He passed away and we could not obtain the use of the art work. We are however still working on obtaining permission for new projects that are currently in the works for SV. Steel Vengeance is also currently in the studio recording brand new tracks with the new line up.
Back to top Go down
cavaliersw
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Call Off The Dogs, Second Offense, and Prisoners are available now as remasters. If interested i can send to anyone the right path.

Steve Cavalier, Bassit on these three.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any fans of Steel Vengeance?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2